• Please log in to reply
61083 replies to this topic

rsod
    rsod

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

Lol, I passed "We all burn" from SH 14 almost cheating way: invisibility potion + fire resistance potion :D

Register or log in to remove.

user_1259045

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

NR Progress Report:

- Magenta Wool get.
- Gold Block get.

With a cobble generator, the bedrock stalactites area was surprisingly easy.
Got tons of cobblestone, turned all of them into slabs, then used pistons to make a bridge to the wool with safety rails.
Then I sprint-jumped down to the Fleecy Box, got the wool, then pillared back up.
Vechs, fix your maps! Mobs no longer spawn on Bedrock!
Completed maps: Sunburn Islands, Nightmare Realm, Uncharted Territory III, Inferno Mines (pending)
Currently playing: Infernal Sky II, The Fire Beneath

Currently playing: Terraria, Spelunky

VittoProductions
  • Minecraft: VittoProductions

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

Using potions is not cheating.
I think invisibility is a bit cheap, it's basically a free pass to complete an area.
Maybe Winnerbone could change it that if you place/destroy blocks while invisible, mobs will investigate the spot where the last action found place.
Posted Image

inferachnid
    inferachnid

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1002 posts
  • Minecraft: MINITANK

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

View PostEdgeTube, on 22 November 2012 - 06:48 PM, said:

For Waking Up, is there a second enchanted paper?

Yes, in the Legion Halls Lewt Box. It's the same level though.
There ain't much left of the world these days. The gods have forsaken us, there's no denying that. But still you press on. For what? A chance to sift through the ashes one last time? The hope to one day be called a hero? Whatever your reason, you've got a lot of work to do. The corruption won't leave without a fight, so you better get started.

Steelfeathers
  • Minecraft: Steelfeathers

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

Got the blue and cyan wool (still haven't beaten Tacos yet). But that means I still need two more wools plus the gold and diamond blocks. Is there another intersection somewhere? Because the only area I haven't completed yet is Tacos.

Make both our lives easier! Read the forum rules before posting.

Posted Image  Posted Image
"I love the textures, but why is everything so dark? I wish texture pack makers would make them brighter!"
"They're dark like my soul." -Thistle

Redstone_Fanatic
  • Minecraft: Redstone_Fanatic

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

View PostVittoProductions, on 22 November 2012 - 10:16 PM, said:

Using potions is not cheating.
I think invisibility is a bit cheap, it's basically a free pass to complete an area.
Maybe Winnerbone could change it that if you place/destroy blocks while invisible, mobs will investigate the spot where the last action found place.
Generally that wouldn't help because if you're doing that then you're on the run against the duration of the potion, so you won't be going slow enough for that to help.

View PostSteelfeathers, on 22 November 2012 - 10:30 PM, said:

Got the blue and cyan wool (still haven't beaten Tacos yet). But that means I still need two more wools plus the gold and diamond blocks. Is there another intersection somewhere? Because the only area I haven't completed yet is Tacos.
Which wools do you need? (There isn't another Intersection, but I think I know which 2 wools you're missing. As for the blocks, try looking down in the Nether)
Lana? Lana. Lana! ....LANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...!
WHAT?!
Danger zone.

Steelfeathers
  • Minecraft: Steelfeathers

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

View PostRedstone_Fanatic, on 22 November 2012 - 10:32 PM, said:

Which wools do you need? (There isn't another Intersection, but I think I know which 2 wools you're missing. As for the blocks, try looking down in the Nether)

Sorry, three more wools-- purple, red, and black.

Make both our lives easier! Read the forum rules before posting.

Posted Image  Posted Image
"I love the textures, but why is everything so dark? I wish texture pack makers would make them brighter!"
"They're dark like my soul." -Thistle

Hybran
    Hybran

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3661 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

View PostSteelfeathers, on 22 November 2012 - 10:30 PM, said:

Go further from the blue into the red yonder.

Posted Image

Garblahooga
  • Minecraft: Garblahooga

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:50 PM

Community Question:

Is there a program like WorldEdit (without the weird cave holes) that I can use to smooth land?

I want to have natural land, but vanilla MC doesn't have random holes:

Spoiler:

I don't want to downgrade now that I've added customized spawners and potions, and I don't want to fill in all the holes myself.

Help?
Posted Image

izakthegoomba
  • Minecraft: izakthegoomba

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:53 PM

View PostGarblahooga, on 22 November 2012 - 10:50 PM, said:

Community Question:

Is there a program like WorldEdit (without the weird cave holes) that I can use to smooth land?

I want to have natural land, but vanilla MC doesn't have random holes:

Spoiler:

I don't want to downgrade now that I've added customized spawners and potions, and I don't want to fill in all the holes myself.

Help?
Use worldpainter, especially for open-sky areas. 'tis wonderful.

Since you've already made this area... inHaze's fill brush may help.

http://www.planetmin...orming-toolkit/
Posted Image
Maps completed: 8/13 - - - Currently raging at: Legendary - - - Next up: Nightmare Realm

Garblahooga

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

View Postizakthegoomba, on 22 November 2012 - 10:53 PM, said:

Use worldpainter, especially for open-sky areas. 'tis wonderful.

Since you've already made this area... inHaze's fill brush may help.

http://www.planetmin...orming-toolkit/

Does Worldpainter work to create floating areas?
Posted Image

izakthegoomba

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

Also: I'm putting together the loot chests that I'm going to use for my CTM map(s), and one of the enchanted items I'll be giving out is the "Rocksmasher", with five different levels. It's somewhat like Vechs' power miners, but with a far more noticeable progression. It starts at Eff VI wood and ends with Eff X diamond...

Anyway, do you guys think putting Silk Touch on the diamond one instead of Fortune is an appropriate way of balancing the inherent overpowered-ness of an Eff X diamond pick? Or is that just annoying?

View PostGarblahooga, on 22 November 2012 - 10:57 PM, said:

Does Worldpainter work to create floating areas?
I haven't spent enough time messing with it to know everything it can do, but I don't think so.
Posted Image
Maps completed: 8/13 - - - Currently raging at: Legendary - - - Next up: Nightmare Realm

Garblahooga

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

View Postizakthegoomba, on 22 November 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

Also: I'm putting together the loot chests that I'm going to use for my CTM map(s), and one of the enchanted items I'll be giving out is the "Rocksmasher", with five different levels. It's somewhat like Vechs' power miners, but with a far more noticeable progression. It starts at Eff VI wood and ends with Eff X diamond...

Anyway, do you guys think putting Silk Touch on the diamond one instead of Fortune is an appropriate way of balancing the inherent overpowered-ness of an Eff X diamond pick? Or is that just annoying?

I haven't spent enough time messing with it to know everything it can do, but I don't think so.

I think that's kind of annoying, but are you doing it so that people can't just mine a whole bunch of stuff?

It depends on how many ore veins you are adding.
Posted Image

Zap_12100
  • Minecraft: Zap_12100

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

View PostRedstone_Fanatic, on 22 November 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:

They're an explosion resistant light source. Currently every light source... EVERY light source... can be easily destroyed. I think it's a small price to pay.

Well, the point I was inferring was to combine the two crafting steps into one, kind of like TNT. (Although personally I'd actually prefer plain glowstone as opposed to lamps.) Tedium is not difficulty.
Posted Image

izakthegoomba

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:06 PM

View PostGarblahooga, on 22 November 2012 - 11:02 PM, said:

I think that's kind of annoying, but are you doing it so that people can't just mine a whole bunch of stuff?

It depends on how many ore veins you are adding.
I'm not concerned about the player getting crazy amount of coal, redstone, and lapis, especially considering the Level 5 wouldn't be given out until right near the end of the map. It's diamonds that concern me, especially if I'm strictly limiting them - high levels of fortune become very unpredictable.

And with silk touch you can still get a ton of building materials, stone is just as good as cobble (actually better if you need to dig it back up in a hurry).
Posted Image

Apollo9898
  • Minecraft: Apollo9898

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

View PostSteelFeathers, on 22 November 2012 - 10:32 PM, said:

Pssssst!

Spoiler:

Posted Image

Garblahooga

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

View Postizakthegoomba, on 22 November 2012 - 11:06 PM, said:

I'm not concerned about the player getting crazy amount of coal, redstone, and lapis, especially considering the Level 5 wouldn't be given out until right near the end of the map. It's diamonds that concern me, especially if I'm strictly limiting them - high levels of fortune become very unpredictable.

And with silk touch you can still get a ton of building materials, stone is just as good as cobble (actually better if you need to dig it back up in a hurry).

If the diamonds aren't going to be near the end of the map, then it's fine, but if you can get tons then it shouldn't matter.
Posted Image

izakthegoomba

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:21 PM

View PostGarblahooga, on 22 November 2012 - 11:12 PM, said:

If the diamonds aren't going to be near the end of the map, then it's fine, but if you can get tons then it shouldn't matter.
No, that's the problem; if I give out, say, 27 diamond ore and a Rocksmasher Level 5 reasonably close to each other because they're both endgame-tier, and the Rocksmasher has Fortune 5 on it, then the actual number of diamond they get is going to be really random. The fortune IV pick in the latest version of Waking Up is bad enough...

And I do not see myself giving out tons of diamonds under any circumstances. Tons of diamonds + enchanting means there WILL be people who spend enough time to get full Prot IV diamond armor, and that's crazy-overpowered.
Posted Image

Garblahooga

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:30 PM

View Postizakthegoomba, on 22 November 2012 - 11:21 PM, said:

No, that's the problem; if I give out, say, 27 diamond ore and a Rocksmasher Level 5 reasonably close to each other because they're both endgame-tier, and the Rocksmasher has Fortune 5 on it, then the actual number of diamond they get is going to be really random. The fortune IV pick in the latest version of Waking Up is bad enough...

And I do not see myself giving out tons of diamonds under any circumstances. Tons of diamonds + enchanting means there WILL be people who spend enough time to get full Prot IV diamond armor, and that's crazy-overpowered.

I'm wondering if there's a dungeon past these diamonds.

And if you need to, you can give like 6 ore, or give them diamond blocks instead of ore.
Posted Image

Hybran
    Hybran

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3661 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

View PostZap_12100, on 22 November 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:

Well, the point I was inferring was to combine the two crafting steps into one, kind of like TNT. (Although personally I'd actually prefer plain glowstone as opposed to lamps.) Tedium is not difficulty.

Who said anything about difficulty? He wants an explosion resistant light source.

Posted Image