ctm

• Please log in to reply
61069 replies to this topic

Kiilek_Rekaur

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

View PostVechs, on 16 November 2012 - 10:09 AM, said:

Alternate idea for an active:

Fwap'a Durp!

- Summons 3 to 5 flaming bats that squeek constantly and attack nearby enemies.  Bats deal 1 damage (Half a heart) and light enemies on fire.  60 second cooldown.  Causes 20 seconds of the Hunger effect.  Bats last for 20 second, or until they die.  They have Fire Resistance.
I was originally going to suggest that your passive effect be innate: Increases bat spawn rate by 75%.

Anyway update for actual compatability:
Kiilek Rekaur Character Sheet:

Unlocked by AFKing within 15 meters of a spawner for over two hours..

Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Acrobatics: 3
Skill: 6
Luck: 6
Tunneling: 9

Active:
1. "Maintenance Mode" disables all spawners within 10 meters so that grinders can be created/repaired(toggle on-off, with 1 hour cool-down, fails if player is being targeted by any hostile mob(if possible with coding) ) decreases stats to 25%
Passive:
2. "Production Boost" provides a 30% increase drops from spawner output, with an extremely small chance at rare drops when the mob is not actively killed by the player.

Register or log in to remove.

Geechan
    Geechan

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

View PostRedstone_Fanatic, on 16 November 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

TTR without their boats on solid blocks? Joe Hills in Infernal Sky, Cleo in NR... oh the memories.

...well it's a good thing we have Ender Pearls.
Next update: Enderpearls severely nerfed. Calling it, now.
Posted Image
Geechan: Pro Stalker/CTM Veteran

Redstone_Fanatic
  • Minecraft: Redstone_Fanatic

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

View Postisaac_bardin, on 16 November 2012 - 12:42 PM, said:

Yay, it could be turned into an actual game? Zap, you're awesome for trying to code this. <3
He's not coding it.
I supposes I shall makez character.
Well this should be interesting.
Strength: 10 No.
Speed: 10 No.
Skill: 10 HECK no.
Acrobatics: 1 Sounds about right.
Tunneling: 2 Yeah.
Luck: 3 You always have nice luck on the Monumenta that doesn't exist.

-Battleaura: (Can be used only once per map) If you die and lose your stuff, when you respawn you have Speed IV, Strength IV, and Regen IV for 5 minutes (the time it takes for your stuff to despawn. Posted Image
Technically your stuff could be unloaded so that balances it out... you're on the clock even if your items aren't.
For those wondering why derpy Isaac has such an awesome ability, here's a quick anecdote for you: people on Monumenta especially shall remember that when I died with all my awesome stuff while caving or somethin', I would take a great pick and go "rage caving" where I ran through dark caves without any torches or armor and dodged mobs. Even if I had awful luck while initially caving, I would find tons of diamonds 'n' stuff while rage caving, without taking any damage. This is true in SH maps also... if I die and lose my stuff, I go into a rage where I seem to be protected by a Battleaura. I take minimal gear into a place but still kill all the mobs and basically pwn everything. Just my luck I supposes. If I derp so much, I also have a great ability. Posted Image
tl;dr
The reason my skill, speed and strength are so high is that although I'm so derpy, I'm actually fairly good at SH maps. However, my luck isn't great, whenever I try and tunnel I fall into the void (which is what tunneling is supposed to PREVENT) and I literally just cannot do parkour.
No.
Bah, why did I type that much? I don't know what I was saying in the last few paragraphs. Ksdfkjhsoie. I'd love if I could be a character in da SH game, please add me.
He was going to add everyone already, but not you now since you felt like you needed to ask. BEGONE PEON.

Lana? Lana. Lana! ....LANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...!
WHAT?!
Danger zone.

Delthyn
    Delthyn

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2450 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

View PostGeechan, on 16 November 2012 - 02:23 PM, said:

Next update: Enderpearls severely nerfed. Calling it, now.

Hee hehe hehee. I think I'll use minecarts for that wool.  Can you hold/place blocks while invisible without blowing your cover?

View PostRedstone_Fanatic, on 16 November 2012 - 02:26 PM, said:

Monumenta still isn't back up? Yeesh. Ah well, didn't have the time anyway. +Vanilla is becoming more and more boring to me.

Jessr
    Jessr

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • Minecraft: opus192

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

Way too late, but I guess I'll do mine as well:

Jessr's Character Sheet:

Strength:  6
Speed: 4
Skill: 5
Acrobatics: 8 (I like parkour, alot #punintended)
Tunneling: 5
Luck: 6

Passive: FOOD POISONING? NOPE! - When you are out of combat, the chance to get food poisoning is lowered by 50%
Active: BUTTON BASHING- Allows you to swing faster for 30 seconds, and you gain an extra KB 1. 5 min cooldown.
"Do you know that feel when it's 4 AM and you still can't sleep? It's like having jetlag without a jet. So it's lag. Great, now reallife is lagging. >.<" Bonehead

Apollo9898
  • Minecraft: Apollo9898

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

Hey! Really important announcement regarding this SH Game thingie!

I do dabble in a bit of coding, and once I learned enough I would really really like to make this into an actual game! (with Vechs permission of course) I just wanted to point this out since other people were trying to say they'd code it, and I came up with the idea first. :/

Keep in mind, I would love all the help I can get though, so if you know how to code and are relatively responsible, I'd welcome you onto the dev team in a heartbeat. (or if you're a really good artist, that too, because i suck and art. :/)
Posted Image

Geechan
    Geechan

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

The 1.4.5 pre release, is out now!

Not too many bugfixes this time around, mostly LAN fixes.
I won't bother updating, since this will break my mods. (Optifine)
  • Clients now get the correct IP for LAN servers
  • Fixed the incorrect positions of some particles
  • … and fixes for MC-2507, MC-2508, MC-2500, and MC-2498

View PostApollo9898, on 16 November 2012 - 02:39 PM, said:

Hey! Really important announcement regarding this SH Game thingie!

I do dabble in a bit of coding, and once I learned enough I would really really like to make this into an actual game! (with Vechs permission of course) I just wanted to point this out since other people were trying to say they'd code it, and I came up with the idea first. :/

Keep in mind, I would love all the help I can get though, so if you know how to code and are relatively responsible, I'd welcome you onto the dev team in a heartbeat. (or if you're a really good artist, that too, because i suck and art. :/)
Heh, why don't you ask Rosie for the art?

View PostDelthyn, on 16 November 2012 - 02:34 PM, said:

Hee hehe hehee. I think I'll use minecarts for that wool.  Can you hold/place blocks while invisible without blowing your cover?
I think you can. Correct me if I'm wrong, of course.
Posted Image

Apollo9898

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

Repost with new stuffs!
SUPER HOSTILE: THE GAME

Starting Character Options (auto-unlocked):
  • Guude
  • BdoubleO100
  • Antvenom
  • Mr360games
Unlockable Characters:
  • Pauseunpause (after beating 1 map)
  • Joe Hills (after beating 3 maps)
  • Amlup (after beating 4 maps)
  • Etho (after beating 5 maps)
  • Paulsoaresjr (after beating 6 maps)
  • Zombie Cleo (after beating 8 maps)
  • Zisteau (after beating 10 maps)
  • Vechs (must beat ALL the maps)
Bonus Characters: (Can be found and unlocked in secret levels)
  • Hybran (Beat a map in under an hour (or maybe get the tree on one of the maps in under four minutes or something?))
  • Apollo (Fail fifty times)
  • AxlRosie (Get the "OMG BRUCE!" achievement)
  • Delthyn (Unlocked by never getting hit in a full run of Black Desert)
  • Andrea Buchanan (Beat Waking Up on hard difficulty)
  • Steelfeathers (Beat Legendary on hard mode)
  • Redstone Fanatic (Find the hidden redstone pieces in the maps (I know that's lame, give me a break I'm trying! >.<))
  • Isaac (Find the secret "Derp Creeper" in Fallen Kingdom)
  • Cameron (Never use any power ups or hostile-finishes (super attacks) in a single run of Kaizo Caverns)
  • Kiilek Rekaur (Create 25 "Mob Grinders" total)
  • Cortexian (Destroy all mob spawners in Waking Up)
  • Drago (Use only magical based weapons in a full run of any map)
  • Geechan (Complete a map with less than 10 deaths)
  • Kaider (Get the "The Fun Way" achievement)
  • BoneHead (Get the "It's Better Together!" achievement)
  • MrMFretwell (Complete Sunburn Islands on hard mode)
Achievements:
  • "Welcome To Hell" (Play the game for the first time)
  • "Die In A Fire" (Beat Sea Of Flames)
  • "Kingdom Come" (Beat Fallen Kingdom)
  • "That's A Long Drop" (Beat Infernal Sky)
  • "TAKE THAT CAVE!" (Beat Kaizo Caverns)
  • "A light in the darkness" (Beat Black Desert)
  • "Tree Punching" (Beat Canopy Carnage)
  • "I Am Legendary" (Beat Legendary)
  • "Living Nightmare" (Beat Nightmare Realm)
  • "Officially Not A Noob" (Beat Sunburn Islands)
  • "You're Enchanting" (Beat Spellbound Caves)
  • "LOLamyr" (Beat Lethamyr)
  • "Wide Awake" (Beat Waking Up)
  • "That'sssss Not Very Nice" (Get through Hissing Sands with no creeper explosions)
  • "Benefits of a Blaze Army" (Find your first Bruce In A Box)
  • "OMG BRUCE!" (Find all Bruce In A Box's in all maps)
  • "Unfair!" (Complete Jester's Citadel without setting off a single trap)
  • "No Pain, All Gain" (Beat Pain Water in Legendary without going through the gauntlet)
  • "Completely Psychopathic" (Beat any map in under 30 minutes without using Hybran)
  • "Zombie Apocalypse (Kill 500 zombies)
  • "How do you like it?" (Kill a creeper with an explosive attack)
  • "The Fun Way" (Never deviate from the set path in a full run through of a map)
  • "It's Better Together!" (Play on co-op)
  • "Hardcore" (beat all maps on hard mode)
  • "Insanity Is The Best" (Beat all maps on Insane difficulty)
If you have any ideas, post them! If their good I'll add them when i repost this!
Posted Image

Drago
    Drago

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1889 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

Updated Drago character sheet.

Strength: 5
Acrobatics: 7
Skill: 6
Luck: 9
Tunneling: 3

Abilities:
Passive: Imma Mage! - Increased enchanting control and luck. For all level 1-5 enchants, the user can choose from the list of available enchantments, meaning guaranteed Sharpness I for weapons and Protection I for armor. For higher level enchants, user has decreased chances of getting Bane of Arthropods and Smite, with higher percentage of getting Sharpness and Knockback. Finally, user can enchant nontraditional weaponry from an enchanting table, such as an axe with sharpness, or a magic item such as the Zistonian Battlesign.
Active: When activated, user gains the ability to have every enchantment stat on his weapon be buffed with one level for a minute. So an enchanted sword with Sharpness II, Knockback I would become Sharpness III, Knockback II. Recharges over 8 minutes.

Come check out the Ultimate CTM Community thread to talk to me and other CTM mapmakers!

Posted Image

Geechan
    Geechan

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

View PostApollo9898, on 16 November 2012 - 02:44 PM, said:

-snip-
Yay, I'm a bonus character. Posted Image
Love the achievements, btw.

Update on my Character Sheet.

Strength: 7
Speed: 3
Acrobatics: 5
Skill: 8
Finals: 3
Luck: 7
Tunnelling: 6

Abilities:
Passive: Trick Shot. - Enderpearls do not arc. Useful for sticky situations.
Active: Strategist -  Increases, Tunnelling, Skill, Strength and Luck levels by 2. The player is immune to silverfish. Tunnel Rat mode, engage!
Weakness: The player gets extremely nervous around The Void. Avoid areas that contain the void.
Posted Image

Delthyn
    Delthyn

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2450 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

It struck me that every one of us has weaknesses, but none of us (except for me and 2-3 others) have listed them.

Weaknesses are more important in a game with "classes." For instance, in Dungeons and Dragons, the wizard class is extremely powerful, but only has a handful of hit points. He dies very easily, despite the cosmic power he wields. This puts him on par with the much weaker fighter, who has less overall power, but more hit points.

So most "playable characters" should have at least 1 weakness.

And the achievment "Completely Psychopathic" should be changed to "Absolutely Psychopathic."

Geechan
    Geechan

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

View PostDelthyn, on 16 November 2012 - 02:53 PM, said:

It struck me that every one of us has weaknesses, but none of us (except for me and 2-3 others) have listed them.

Weaknesses are more important in a game with "classes." For instance, in Dungeons and Dragons, the wizard class is extremely powerful, but only has a handful of hit points. He dies very easily, despite the cosmic power he wields. This puts him on par with the much weaker fighter, who has less overall power, but more hit points.

And the achievment "Completely Psychopathic" should be changed to "Absolutely Psychopathic."
Fix'd, now have a weakness. :)
Posted Image

Michael7123
  • Minecraft: Michael7123

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

Unlockable character: Michael7123

How to unlock: manage to fall into the void trying to complete "you have to burn the wood" while the fleece box is less then 10 blocks away.

Strength: 5
Speed: 7
Arebobics: 4
Luck: 8
Tunneling: 4

Abilities:
Carpet bomb: build a sky bridge, and drop tnt onto spawners

Strategic iron Gollum: build an iron Gollum, splash him with speed, strength, and fire resistance potions, and push him into a dungeon.

Achievement:
"Lava bucket HOOOOO!!!!!": kill 100 enemies with lava buckets (I'm suprised nobody suggested this yet.)

Posted Image

DjessNL
    DjessNL

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

Strength: 8
Acrobatics: 3
Luck: 2

Abilities:
Passive:
More EXP - Mobs drop way more EXP, and you have an higher chance of getting better enchantments
Active: When activated, player is immune to projectiles. Meleemobs like Spiders and Pigmen and Zombies still do regular damage, but fireballs, ghast thingies, and arrows don't hurt you. Lasts a minute, has 10 minutes reload.

Drago
    Drago

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1889 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

Alright, today, a fifth Super Hostile map shall fall under my boot. I shall travel its many dangers and terrors, and come out victorious, ready to stamp on its remains and address it as "beaten". I'm taking on Kaizo Caverns! Wish me luck, people.

Come check out the Ultimate CTM Community thread to talk to me and other CTM mapmakers!

Posted Image

Apollo9898

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

View PostVechs, on 16 November 2012 - 10:09 AM, said:

Alternate idea for an active:

Fwap'a Durp!

- Summons 3 to 5 flaming bats that squeek constantly and attack nearby enemies.  Bats deal 1 damage (Half a heart) and light enemies on fire.  60 second cooldown.  Causes 20 seconds of the Hunger effect.  Bats last for 20 second, or until they die.  They have Fire Resistance.

The original idea i had for your active ability was Fwap'a Durp, however the version I made had you summoning a giant bat and destroying everything with it. :P
Posted Image

kingkaider
  • Minecraft: kingkaider

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

View PostDelthyn, on 16 November 2012 - 02:53 PM, said:

Kaider's Weakness- Stupid Assumptions- 90% of signs are interpreted completely wrongly.
Posted Image

Apollo9898

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

View Postkingkaider, on 16 November 2012 - 03:05 PM, said:

Kaider's Weakness- Stupid Assumptions- 90% of signs are interpreted completely wrongly.

lol
Posted Image

Combak
    Combak

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1060 posts
  • Minecraft: Combak

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

View PostXtremekiwi, on 16 November 2012 - 10:01 AM, said:

Anyone here got some experience with game coding? Because we could seriously make something with this.
Not me, because I have no experience with coding.

Also, Vechs, how was the Lava surfing experience in the diamond sphere in Waking Up?
I can pull out my Java Game Programming book... but I'm kind of busy...

View Postizakthegoomba, on 16 November 2012 - 11:41 AM, said:

Hate to be a know-it-all, but you can get them with TNT. Posted Image
That's what I said!

View PostCombak, on 16 November 2012 - 04:00 AM, said:

Crud, I need to go back some pages to know what the heck is going on...

Um...

Combak Character Sheet:

Unlocked at start.

Strength: 3
Speed: 3
Acrobatics: 4
Skill: 4
Luck: 3

Special Ability: "Know-It-All" - Can bring up data on all areas, blocks, and common traps.

Can't you destroy them by exploding TNT where the blocks meet?
... I think this is still OK. I don't know what active ability I would have though...

See?
My maps: http://www.minecraft...-map-by-combak/
You just lost the game.

Geechan
    Geechan

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

View PostApollo9898, on 16 November 2012 - 03:05 PM, said:

lol
Quickly! Change your post, you're not allowed to have one word posts.
Posted Image