Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[CTM][Collection] Vechs' SUPER HOSTILE Series

ctm

• Please log in to reply
61069 replies to this topic

reeceyboy7

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

just a question, this may have been asked before but i don't have the patience to read through 938 pages XD. will these maps work for the newest version of minecraft?

Register or log in to remove.

Mattgeek1997
  • Minecraft: mattgeek314

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:20 PM

View Postreeceyboy7, on 09 April 2012 - 01:12 PM, said:

just a question, this may have been asked before but i don't have the patience to read through 938 pages XD. will these maps work for the newest version of minecraft?
Anything that is version 3.x will. It says that in the original post.

Vechs said:

Vechs thinks that pain is just weakness leaving the body.
Posted Image

Flamers1500
  • Minecraft: Flamers1500

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

@reeceyboy7 Any "v3.x" maps will 100%, most of them should. If you read the OP it does say this....
Posted Image

reeceyboy7

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

it does? ohhh i must of missed this :/ sorry guys

xX4NDR3WXx1998
  • Minecraft: xX4NDR3WXx1998

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

Wow! These maps are EPIC!!!! Just finished sea of flames 2.
Posted Image

MobKiller
    MobKiller

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1037 posts
  • Minecraft: M1Hale,former Distomea

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:03 PM

Is this only one map or is this part of a map series?
I tried to download the first "training" map and it lead me to this page where it download more then just the map?!?
Like soundtrack and all that! Please help!
I spent my time destroying 100 dirt with a torch... :)
[url="http://bdcraft.net/sphax-texturepacks"][img]http://i.imgur.com/YPzNR.jpg[/img][/url]

jordan2412
  • Minecraft: jordan97267

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:17 PM

View PostMobKiller, on 09 April 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

Is this only one map or is this part of a map series?
I tried to download the first "training" map and it lead me to this page where it download more then just the map?!?
Like soundtrack and all that! Please help!

You have 1000 posts and cant figure this out?
He has several maps, hence the name "Super Hostile Series"
Look at the FIRST POST.

The link brings you to all of his maps ,which also answered your first question.

OrkManiac
  • Minecraft: OrkManiac

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:26 PM

Hi,

I have started a new youtube series where I go through all of the maps starting with the training.
Here is the first video, and I will be working on the other ones soon. Please leave a comment or rate it so I know what you think of it.

Posted Image

CrashTestBrit
  • Minecraft: Turtly_Tim
  • Xbox:CrashTestBrit

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

If Vechs remakes Canopy Carnage, which he says he's planning to do, I hope he can make it super-pwetty :3
Nutjob Briton vs Video Games. This can't end well.

MoltenSnow

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:51 PM

Hey Vechs, your map series seemed pretty promising from what I've seen and heard, so I decided to give it a try. Soon afterwards, Sea of Flames II became the first custom map I ever played. I was not disappointed.

The variety of these areas are just spectacular; almost to the point when it's a little overwhelming. I never imagined so many nooks and crannies packed into a seemingly-bland lava sea. However, I have one small criticism to make:

Spoiler:

Eh, whatever. Like I said, through this map, I've seen wonders I have never seen before. My favorite areas were

Spoiler:

And that concludes my small review/criticism of my first custom map. Thank you Vechs for getting me hooked on Complete the Monument maps. In your series, I will probably tackle Kaizo Caverns II next (haha, I remember playing through Kaizo Mario World when I was addicted to Mario ROM hacks... oh the joy). Looking around, Thadiwyn's Blight Castle looks pretty cool, too. Does anyone here have any recommendations for good CTM's?

Again, kudos to you Vechs for the fun map. Posted Image

Combak
    Combak

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1060 posts
  • Minecraft: Combak

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

View PostCrashTestBrit, on 09 April 2012 - 06:25 PM, said:

If Vechs remakes Canopy Carnage, which he says he's planning to do, I hope he can make it super-pwetty :3
Like that's going to be hard!
My maps: http://www.minecraft...-map-by-combak/
You just lost the game.

Flamers1500
  • Minecraft: Flamers1500

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:52 PM

Episode 2 is up, I find out how obnoxious rain is even in real life!

Posted Image

CrashTestBrit

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:19 PM

View PostCombak, on 09 April 2012 - 07:06 PM, said:

Like that's going to be hard!
For Vechs? Naw. It's a matter of what he's planning to do. Will he make it more dark and gloomy, or lush and pretty? XD

CrashTestBrit

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

Oh, and here we are with our much-anticipated next episode! Once again we'd just like to say thank you to all who have watched for all the support so far! :D

SBB vs Vechs: Minecraft Super Hostile Legendary! Episode 15: Just a Stick?

Malchior
    Malchior

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:05 AM

Part 16 everyone! Hopefully tomorrow you guys should get a look at my improved video editing jazz with Spellbound Caves, so do keep an eye out. I shall be needing feedback so there's that aswell! In the mean time, enjoy:

Coolbreeze78

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:17 AM

Wow... I just heard of this series and tried it out.  OMG I spent an entire 24 hours trying to beat the first dungeon on Sea of Flame II  ><

I finally got so frustrated with the endless swarm of mobs I used a turtle method to work through the dungeon.  Basically bulidng a wall on either side of me and a roof above to make hall ways as I went through the areas to find the spawners to destroy.  Very tedious and fun but much less frustrating then dieing a hundred times.  ^.^

You definately should get a job in video game level design if you don't have one already.  Very creative and challenging maps so far.  I just finished the second dungeon and am now trying to work my way into the third.

These maps remind me of Demon Souls ... very challenging and make you cuss out loud when you die and lose everything but I feel epic like Link from Zelda when I place down the wool on the VM.  ; )  Keep up the good work, can't wait to see what other maps are like cept it's going to take me a month just to finish the first one lol.  At least it gives me a reason to dust off my copy of Minecraft again.

Hybran
    Hybran

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3661 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:23 AM

View PostMoltenSnow, on 09 April 2012 - 06:51 PM, said:

Hey Vechs, your map series seemed pretty promising from what I've seen and heard, so I decided to give it a try. Soon afterwards, Sea of Flames II became the first custom map I ever played. I was not disappointed.

The variety of these areas are just spectacular; almost to the point when it's a little overwhelming. I never imagined so many nooks and crannies packed into a seemingly-bland lava sea. However, I have one small criticism to make:

Spoiler:

Eh, whatever. Like I said, through this map, I've seen wonders I have never seen before. My favorite areas were

Spoiler:

And that concludes my small review/criticism of my first custom map. Thank you Vechs for getting me hooked on Complete the Monument maps. In your series, I will probably tackle Kaizo Caverns II next (haha, I remember playing through Kaizo Mario World when I was addicted to Mario ROM hacks... oh the joy). Looking around, Thadiwyn's Blight Castle looks pretty cool, too. Does anyone here have any recommendations for good CTM's?

Again, kudos to you Vechs for the fun map. Posted Image

For the criticism:

Spoiler:

Black Wool in Kaizo Caverns is really disappointing imo. However, the Red Wool...

mwaha.

Mwahahah.

Mwa.

Blight Castle is breathtaking. I'm working with Thadiwyn at the moment. He has excellent ideas and the map is a bit harder than Sea Of Flame and heaps of fun until the end where it becomes extremely stupidly sadistic. Please try it, it'd be heaps of fun.

Posted Image

Der_Niabs
    Der_Niabs

Stone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 90 posts
  • Minecraft: Der_Niabs

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:13 AM

I think playing Super Hostile has infected me with a bizarre sort of minecraft related masochism, because otherwise I have no idea why I'm posting this.

So, one technique I've started to use for late stage transportation in his maps is Nether Portals. Because even the rail system is too slow for my tastes. Basically, I set up a nether portal near my VM base for 1-way transit, then later figure out where to put a portal to link back. (this is also a trick I've thought of using to skip directly to the Nether as soon as I have buckets and lava, but thus far I've always decided against it when weighed against not having better equipment from progression and the potential of being completely lost with no idea how to get back to the monument)

It suddenly occurred to me while setting this up on GIFTWARPED how ridiculously easy this would be to trap..... I am now terrified that this is going to happen to me on a future map.

And now I've told Vechs.
I hope you're happy, sir.

(also, does it make me a bad person that I laughed so hard at what you did to poor Joe?)

Vechs
    Vechs

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:23 AM

Totally off topic, but this is too poignant (both meanings apply) not to share with you guys:

Posted Image
Posted Image

jimmypopali1

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:12 AM

OK, I have to tell everyone how much I suck. I'm playing through Sea of Flames II and I find that everytime I get a good item (Battlesign, Uber bow) I die and I lose it!

I'll die in a bad spot (like in the middle of the spawner area of the 'war' section (lots of dispensers of arrows) and never get the stuff back again.

Back to starting at the victory monument base from fresh!