61069 replies to this topic

Vechs
    Vechs

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:12 PM

POPULAR

DISCLAIMER FROM THE MODS - Vechs is currently on a break from mapmaking and does not currently check this thread, nor have plans to make or update maps at this time. It would be hugely appreciated to take any comments about requests for his maps to his Youtube channel, Vechz, as that would be the best way to actually be seen by him! Thank you for your patience and understanding.

News:

Inferno Mines Developer Commentary is out!

Click here to download Super Hostile #12 - Inferno Mines v3.1

Vechs presents a new map series...

Posted Image

Have you ever been playing Minecraft and said to yourself "Man, I wish this could be harder... I haven't died nearly enough today."?  In the spirit of I Wanna Be the Guy and Kaizo Mario World, these game maps will be very difficult.  It could be low amounts of a critical resource, or deviously placed monster spawners, traps, or just general meanness on my part, I want to take the normal Minecraft experience and really put pressure on the player.

The main objective of my maps is to find and complete the Victory Monument.  This is a structure with slots on it for blocks.  To win a Super Hostile map, you must place each of the requested blocks in the appropriate slot on the Victory Monument.  There are 16 colors of wool blocks to find, and also the 3 material blocks, of iron, gold, and diamond.

CTM stands for Complete the Monument, which is the genre this map series created.  Unlike Adventure maps, which typically have very rigid rules and restrictions, CTM maps are about playing Minecraft in a mostly normal fashion, but with a goal to work towards.

Super Hostile Standard Rules:

1) Find and complete the Victory Monument.
2) Find wool in chests (Fleecy Boxes) or on special boss enemies (Fleecy Mobs) scattered around the map, do NOT use dyes or spider string for wools!
3) You may craft the Iron, Gold, and Diamond blocks.
4) Use at least Easy difficulty, and never Peaceful. (I balance around Normal.)
5) Do not leave the boundaries of the map and go into normally generated Minecraft terrain.
6) Survive in any way you can think of. (Yes, you can mine, craft, and place blocks.)
7) You may use spider string wool and sheep wool to craft beds and other items, but not for the Victory Monument.
8) You may not pick up, craft, or move Ender Chests.

For the most part, Super Hostile is like playing Minecraft normally, but it's more difficult and you have a long-term goal to work towards.  Also you may find yourself in some unusual terrain.  Oh, and the map is designed to kill you, so keep that in mind.

Super Hostile Respawn Ratings:

Easy - You can die and respawn over and over, forever, without penalty.
Medium - If you die without having a bed spawn set, it's GAME OVER. Guard your bed!
Hard - If you die, it's GAME OVER.  A true Super Hostile experience.

Super Hostile Community Challenge Ratings:

A numerical rating from one to five, which reflects how the Minecraft community gauges the challenge of a particular map.  One is easiest, while five is hardest.  I will try to take the average of at least 500 votes from forum members.

Minecraft Mods and Super Hostile:

I balance around vanilla Minecraft, and mods that impact the gameplay are technically cheating.

However, there are some mods that are fine for you to use:
- Mods that let you chop trees at the base (Like Terraria trees)
- Mods that make Endermen not pick up blocks.
- Mods that make your hand-held torch give light. (Should be part of the vanilla game, IMHO.)
- Mods that don't affect the gameplay. (Graphic tweaks, UI tweaks, etc.)

Super Hostile Original Soundtracks:
Some of these maps include theme music by Kevin MacLeod.
(Play it in the background with your choice of media player, if you want to.)

So, without further ado, let's get on to the maps!

Contents:
Super Hostile 01 Sea of Flame II Respawn: Easy, Open-World

Super Hostile 03 Infernal Sky II Respawn: Easy, Linear-Branching
Super Hostile 04 The Kaizo Caverns Respawn: Easy, Linear-Branching

Super Hostile 06 Canopy Carnage Respawn: Easy, Open-World
Super Hostile 07 Legendary Respawn: Easy, Linear-Branching
Super Hostile 08 Nightmare Realm Respawn: Medium, Open-World
Super Hostile 09 Sunburn Islands Respawn: Easy, Open-World
Super Hostile 10 Spellbound Caves Respawn: Easy, Linear-Branching

Super Hostile 11 Lethamyr Respawn: Hard, Continental
Super Hostile 12 Inferno Mines Respawn: Easy, Linear-Branching

Super Hostile 14 - Waking Up Respawn: Easy, Linear-Branching

Mini Hostile 01 Ragequit Holidays Respawn: Hard
Mini Hostile 02 Endless Deep Respawn: Easy

Super Hostile Race for Wool 01 Hostilities Begin Recommended Players: 4 to 8
Super Hostile Race for Wool 02 Direct Fire Recommended Players: 4 to 8

Super Hostile Capture the Wool 01 Fields of Glory Recommended Players: 8 to 12

Hostile Trails 01 Pigget Panic

Super Docile 01 Hills of Moo Respawn: Easy, Freeform

Super Docile 02 Canopy Basic Respawn: Easy, Freeform

Super Hostile 1.7.3 Legacy Pack
A pack of all SH maps before Beta 1.8+ content.

Other Minecraft Maps by Vechs Commissioned CTM maps, and other Minecraft maps by Vechs.

Other Works by Vechs Mods, maps, and content for other games.

Miscellaneous Stuff

Super Hostile banners, on my forums?  It's more likely than you think. Copy the code provided into your signatures to use them.

Posted Image

[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=207989#p3005556][img]http://i.imgur.com/oC8W8.png[/img][/url]

Posted Image

[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=207989#p3005556][img]http://i.imgur.com/lxSd4.png[/img][/url]

AdFly, Donations, and Download Mirrors

If you really enjoy my maps, and want to donate, click the button below.  Any donation, no matter the amount, is greatly appreciated.  I also greatly appreciate your support in the form of watching the 5 second Adf.ly ads.  If, however, you really want to skip them (or need to, for technical reasons) I understand.  For your convenience, you can click here to see an index view of all the maps, and you can click here to see the same thing, but without ads.

If you are having issues with normal download servers (for example, the Singapore problem with FileSwap being censored), you can click here for a Google Docs mirror of my recent maps.

Posted Image

Posted Image

SUPER HOSTILE #01
SEA OF FLAME II

Community Challenge Rating: 2.92
Current version: 3.0
Download

Sea of Flame II is a remake of the first map of the series, which was showing its' age, and really needed an update.  Sea of Flame II contains all new locations and areas, and will be great fun for new people to the series, and also Super Hostile veterans.

Click the Spoiler button for pictures:
Spoiler:

Posted Image

Posted Image  

SUPER HOSTILE #03
INFERNAL SKY II

Community Challenge Rating: 2.48
Download

The wind swirls, floating islands in the sky drift into new positions, and a brand new adventure unfolds!  This is a remake of the original Infernal Sky map.

Spoiler:

Posted Image

SUPER HOSTILE #04
THE KAIZ? CAVERNS

Community Challenge Rating: 3.58
Download

This map is a network of linked underground caverns.  The map takes place entirely underground, and the whole thing is wrapped in a giant cube of bedrock (no escape!)  This was the first map of the series where I introduced the Victory Monument goal system. To me, it has a very "Super Metroid" or "Castlevania: Symphony of the Night" feel to it.

Spoiler:

Posted Image

SUPER HOSTILE #05

I didn't like how Black Desert II was functioning so I've scrapped it.  I might remake this using colored clay and make it a badlands-themed map.

Posted Image  

SUPER HOSTILE #06
CANOPY CARNAGE

Community Challenge Rating: Votes pending.

Current version: 1.2H
Download (This map is old, and is scheduled for a complete remake, "Canopy Carnage II".  Not just an update, but a completely new map, but with the same style and theme.  You might want to play another map instead of this one.)

A savage super-jungle, full of all manner of exotic trees, some of which are titanic in scale.  Falling out of a tree has never been so terrifying...

Spoiler:

Posted Image

SUPER HOSTILE #07
LEGENDARY

Community Challenge Rating: 3.92

Current version: 3.1
Download

This map features a variety of environments, so the name "Legendary" refers to the size and scale.  This is a lengthy CTM map that will provide a long term challenge for even veteran players.

Spoiler:

Posted Image

SUPER HOSTILE #08
NIGHTMARE REALM

Community Challenge Rating: 4.16

Download

Note: This map is not compatible with SMP.

A dark, brutal world of nothing but despair.  Voted for and requested by the community, this map starts out brutal and stays that way.  Unlike Legendary, in which the difficulty gradually increased the farther you got into the map, Nightmare Realm is the real deal from the very second you load into the map.

What will be your high score?  (You'll never actually complete the monument...)

The map reminds me a little of the old NES Megaman games.  Your spawning area is a central hub, from which you can access the other areas of the map, which surround it.  There are many paths and routes you could take from the start, and don't be afraid to unzip fresh copies of the map to try a new starting strategy.

Spoiler:

Posted Image

SUPER HOSTILE #09
SUNBURN ISLANDS

Community Challenge Rating: 2.2
Download

Oh man, things have been rough for awhile.  Are you tired of dying every 5 seconds?  Do feel like you need a vacation?  Do you need your hot heart chilled with a cool island song?  Oh no wait, I mean... cool heart warmed with a hot island song?  Or was it... Bah, whatever.  

Sunburn Islands is a relaxing (For a SH map, anyway) challenge suitable for weary veterans and fragile newbies to the Super Hostile series.

Spoiler:

Posted Image

SUPER HOSTILE #10
SPELLBOUND CAVES

Download

This is the first Super Hostile map made from the ground up supporting enchanting and brewing, and the first map created after the armor changes in Minecraft 1.0.  Expect wonderful loot, enchanted items, potions, and plenty of monsters to put your awesome items to use against!

Spoiler:

Posted Image

SUPER HOSTILE #11
LETHAMYR

Download Variant A
Download Variant B
Download Variant C
Download Variant D
Download Variant E (Easy mode, Hardcore disabled)

This is the first Super Hostile map to use a Continental style.  This type of map focuses on travelling and exploration, across a large continent with expansive, realistic-scale biomes.

This map features shuffling, of chests, spawners, and the Victory Monument.  Each letter variant (a, b, c, and d) is the same, but the loot chests and spawners have been randomized.  The Victory Monument is also in a different location in each variant.  Now, if you are watching a LP of one variant, you can play another and have a different experience.

Spoiler:

Posted Image

SUPER HOSTILE #12
INFERNO MINES

Download

Explore the vast mining operation left behind by a team of miners and explorers.  Deep underground, a huge network of caves, tunnels, and massive chasms contains treasure, adventure, and extreme dangers.  Defeat all-new enemies made possible with the Minecraft 1.5 update, and venture even deeper into areas no human has tread for thousands of years.

Spoiler:

Posted Image

SUPER HOSTILE #14
WAKING UP

Current version: 3.6.5
Download

Based on a short story of the same name by Andrea J. Buchanan, this CTM map is a wicked and challenging experience, which has been officially adopted as part of the Super Hostile series.  Fans of Kaizo Caverns and Spellbound Caves will really enjoy this map.  But, fair warning, it's very difficult.

Spoiler:

Posted Image

MINI HOSTILE #01
RAGEQUIT HOLIDAYS

Current version: 1.0
Download

Christmas 2011 special.  I hate you, and you will die raging in a fire.  <3

Posted Image

MINI HOSTILE #02
ENDLESS DEEP

Current version: This map is currently under construction
Download

This map is currently under construction.  Endless Deep used to occupy the #2 slot of Super Hostile, however I want to give that spot to my upcomming Fallen Kingdom map.  Instead, Endless Deep will have the #2 spot on my Mini Hostile series, and be a shorter map taking place in an underwater fortress.

Posted Image

SUPER HOSTILE RACE FOR WOOL #01
HOSTILITIES BEGIN

Current version: 1.1
Download

My first multiplayer Super Hostile map.  Two teams race against each other to complete a miniature Victory Monument!  They play on mirror-image lanes, and can shoot at each other, and also trigger traps that will go off on the enemy teams lane!  Please be sure to read the included README file for full details and rules.

Spoiler:

Posted Image

SUPER HOSTILE RACE FOR WOOL #02
DIRECT FIRE

Download

My second multiplayer Super Hostile map.  Two teams race against each other to complete a miniature Victory Monument!  This map is more heavily focused on direct combat than the first RFW map, and has many TNT cannons and bow and arrow supplies to blast the other team.  Please be sure to read the included README file for full details and rules.

Spoiler:

Posted Image

SUPER HOSTILE CAPTURE THE WOOL #01
FIELDS OF GLORY

Download

My first "Capture the Wool" map.  Two teams share one large lane, starting on either side. Teams try to retrieve their wool colors from the enemy territory, while the enemy team does the same.  Expect frantic, direct, PVP action!

Spoiler:

Posted Image  

HOSTILE TRAILS #01
PIGGET PANIC

Download

My first map in the HOSTILE TRAILS series.  This is an experimental new type of gameplay.  Think of a mix between Oregon Trail, Lemmings, and Railway Sim.

Spoiler:

Posted Image

SUPER DOCILE #01
HILLS OF MOO

Current version: 1.0
Download

My first map in the SUPER DOCILE series.  This is a freeform survival map, with "Suggestions" instead of "Rules".  It's all about having fun in the way you want to.

Spoiler:

Posted Image

SUPER DOCILE #02
CANOPY BASIC

Download

This is the basic terrain that will be used in Canopy Carnage II.  The jungle floor in the original Canopy Carnage was flat, and made up of dirt and a bunch of small vegetation.

The jungle floor in Canopy Carnage II is going to be.... well... this map!  I think it's really nice looking, so I figured some of you may enjoy it as a basic survival map before I make it into a crazy hostile super jungle.

Spoiler:

Posted Image

SUPER HOSTILE 1.7.3 LEGACY PACK

For Minecraft Beta 1.7.3

Download:
Download

The Beta 1.8 update introduced hunger, and the patches dramatically changed Minecraft from how it had been since Beta 1.0 through Beta 1.7.  New creatures, blocks, and totally new gameplay mechanics, and more.

This is a collection of all my maps that were balanced around Minecraft Beta 1.7.3.

Posted Image

MINECRAFT MAPS BY VECHS

Gift! (and the hard-mode GiftWarped)

For Andrea J. Buchanan.  Based on the novel Gift.  Gift! is a relaxing CTM map suitable for all Minecraft players.  The hard version, GiftWarped, is suitable for veteran CTM players.  Check out the maps here, and the novel here!  They're both great.  Posted Image

Posted Image

Other Works by Vechs

Vexed Native mod for Mount and Blade: Warband
[color=#0000ff]Download Here

Vechs' personal mod for Mount and Blade: Warband.  This mod is aimed at making the game a bit less grindy, and tweaking some aspects of the game that were frustrating.  The most popular changes include making Tavern keepers function as Ransom Brokers, so you don't have run around looking for a Ransom Broker, increasing the ammunition count for throwing weapons so that they are more useful, changing the faction colors to look nicer, and be easier to read, letting your army continue to fight if you get knocked out,  being able to start a conversation with Village Elders and Guild Masters directly from the map, instead of having to run around in a city/village and physically finding them, and making cattle follow you instead of you having to "chase" them to guide them.  Click Spoilers for a full list of what this mod changes.

Spoiler:

[b]Super Hostile Poll Result:

Spoiler:

SH Milestones:
April 1st 2011 - 5,083 downloads
April 5th 2011 - 6,725 downloads
April 13th 2011 - 17,946 downloads
May 13th 2011 - 33,238 downloads
June 13th 2011 - 104,301 downloads
July 13th 2011 - 284,302 downloads
August 13th 2011 - 438,938 downloads
September 13th 2011 - 580,087 downloads
October 13th, 2011 - 693,926 downloads
November 13th, 2011 - 811,293 downloads
December 13th, 2011 - 903,170 downloads
January 13th, 2012 - 1,077,023 downloads
February 13th, 2012 - 1,292,249 downloads
March 1st, 2012 - 1,385,250 downloads

And lastly, here is a bunch of legal stuff.  The short version is: feel free to make videos about my maps, watching people play helps me make better maps; please don't rip-off my work and claim it as your own; and please don't upload my work to other websites.

Users are free (and encouraged) to create videos of the MAPS and share the videos online, using websites such as YouTube.  Users are also free to include advertisements and monetize their videos of my maps.  Watching people play my maps is by far the best way for me to learn how to make better maps.  If you have made video's or LP's (Let's Play series) of my maps, then thank you very much!

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

MAP (MAPS, plural) - Data that interfaces with the Minecraft client to extend, add, change or remove game content.
MOJANG - Mojang AB
OWNER - , Original author(s) of the MAP. Under the copyright terms accepted when purchasing Minecraft (http://www.minecraft.net/copyright.jsp) the OWNER has full rights over their MAP despite use of MOJANG code.
USER - End user of the map, person installing the map.

THESE MAPS ARE PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITH NO WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE OWNER OF THESE MAPS TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THE USE OF THESE MAPS. ALL DAMAGES CAUSED FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THESE MAPS FALL ON THE USER.

Use of these MAPS to be installed, manually or automatically, is given to the USER without restriction.

These MAPS may only be distributed where uploaded, mirrored, or otherwise linked to by the OWNER solely. All mirrors of these MAPS must have advance written permission from the OWNER. ANY attempts to make money off of these MAPS (selling, selling modified versions, adfly, sharecash, etc.) are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN, and the OWNER may claim damages or take other action to rectify the situation.

These MAPS are provided freely and may be decompiled and modified for private use, either with a decompiler or a bytecode editor. Public distribution of modified versions of these MAPS require advance written permission of the OWNER and may be subject to certain terms.

"Super Hostile", "Victory Monument", "Super Docile", "Hostile Trails", the "Vechs'" brand and "Race for Wool" are Trademarked ™(2011) by the author.  The MAPS herein and the character "Vechs" are Copyright ?(2011) and are the intellectual property of the author (Vechs).

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Vechs
    Vechs

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:36 PM

POPULAR

Super Hostile Videos and LPs

Videos related to: Hazardous Environment Training

Spoiler:

Videos related to: Sea of Flame II

Spoiler:

Videos related to: Endless Deep

Spoiler:

Videos related to: Infernal Sky II

Spoiler:

Videos related to: Kaizo Caverns

Spoiler:

Videos related to: Black Desert

Spoiler:

Videos related to: Canopy Carnage

Spoiler:

Videos related to: Legendary

Spoiler:

Videos related to: Nightmare Realm

Spoiler:

Videos related to: Sunburn Islands

Spoiler:

Videos related to: Cheating on my maps (aka "The Hall of Shame")
Spoiler:

Posted Image

Ludolik
    Ludolik

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:43 PM

Vechs said:

Ludolik said:

Awesome , but can you zip this ?
I can't use a "Z fichier". D:

I'm stupid. :SSSS:

Try this, it's free and it beats the built-in Windows zip functionality

http://www.7-zip.org/

Who to use the Z fichier ? :x
Edit : Oh , i found. Thanks.
http://ludolik.deviantart.com/
For Awesome Picture from Minecraft !

Moonster
  • Minecraft: Moonster

Posted 04 March 2011 - 04:21 PM

could you make a video on how you make these maps? cause i suck at Mcedit, and would really like to see you do stuff like that, sorta like a speed paint video :P
Posted Image

User
    User

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2012 posts
  • Location: North of the South Pole and south of the North pole
  • Minecraft: TheDarkStar

Posted 04 March 2011 - 04:35 PM

POPULAR

Could I love you in a manly way?

Vechs
    Vechs

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 04:54 PM

POPULAR

Daniel_Rogers said:

HOLY SHIT!

I like that reaction. :D

SpaceInvaders said:

Have you ever heard of "WIN"?
This is it.

:3

saladin1980 said:

these are EPIC... and well this would be sweet with 2 players:) LOL   LOL   ohh the joys of tring to work together:)

Even two players would still find the dungeon labyrinth beneath the Sea of Flame a challenge, go for it! :D

User said:

Could I love you in a manly way?

O_o

Ummm... next comment!

Moonster said:

could you make a video on how you make these maps? cause i suck at Mcedit, and would really like to see you do stuff like that, sorta like a speed paint video :iapprove:

Oh... umm... maybe?  Eventually?  I know people have asked me to make a guide for how I make my schematics too.  I've never actually made a tutorial video before... I'd have to think about how to go about it. :)
Posted Image

Zisteau
    Zisteau

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 05:22 PM

POPULAR

I can vouch for the evil nature of these maps from first hand experience. There is some nasty stuff just under the surface that I've found in Sea of Flame.

Ludolik
    Ludolik

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 05:22 PM

I found a epic secret in the floating island.  :o
http://ludolik.deviantart.com/
For Awesome Picture from Minecraft !

Vechs
    Vechs

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 05:46 PM

Ludolik said:

I found a epic secret in the floating island.  :Notch:

Damn! That was fast... Congrats! ^_^
Posted Image

malanius

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:27 PM

I both love and hate your creations, so much fun.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
By the word of Notch, may Hell lay a curse on thou miner, upon which many creepers shall befall. Ghasts will terrorize thee and destroy thou's hard work.
-Chris The Mushroom

tchic777

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:28 PM

Thats Amazing!!!!! Posted Image
I'll try them as you always make great maps of what Ive seen.
I'd like to do this as SMP as usual (I love SMP)

Edit: Little did I know how popular Vechs would become.
Also, I had no idea about how cool Zisteau was back one year ago :l

Self-plug (It will make more sense when I do Vechs maps on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/TchicVG
"so i herd u liek 3nd3rdr4g0nz"
--Legalized SMP sniping machine--

MaceInTheFace

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:49 PM

I think Sea of Fire... It's a bit easy to get all the grass/dirt/mushrooms and stuff. In my opinion.

But rabbit holes 1 and 2 are a pain in the ack, if you get my meaning.
[Diamond] Posted Image [Diamond]

romar
    romar

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:49 PM

Fire, water, air... now all you need is an entirely underground map (EARTH!) with bedrock ceiling at build limit, regular bedrock floor and bedrock walls (large enough of course to be plenty fun). Sort of like the nether, but without the nether fog, blocks & lava.

The 4 basic western elements! :Diamond:

MaceInTheFace

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:50 PM

Also, my favorite wuote from Sea of Flame:

"Sometimes you just luck out and get free stuff."
[Diamond] Posted Image [Diamond]

mrgillski

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:05 PM

i freaking love all three of them they are beast i like the eye of the tiger reference in the sky one :D :)

tchic777

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:09 PM

I got trolled mining iron on the sky one...
No more trees or planted saplings so I had to quit and Im trying lava soon
Dangit Vechs
"so i herd u liek 3nd3rdr4g0nz"
--Legalized SMP sniping machine--

Bharg
    Bharg

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:39 PM

Great maps! :) Keep up the good work.

Vechs
    Vechs

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:13 PM

tchic777 said:

Dangit Vechs

There is a second tree in The Infernal Sky, so you have a second source of saplings...

But you'll have to do some searching for it.  I'm sure pigs will fly before you find it! :D
Posted Image

Vechs
    Vechs

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:24 AM

malanius said:

I both love and hate your creations, so much fun.

See it's funny, because I pour a lot of love and hate into making these maps. :)

tchic777 said:

Thats Amazing!!!!! :cobblestone:
I'll try them as you always make great maps of what Ive seen.
I'd like to do this as SMP as usual (I love SMP)

Thanks! Good luck. :)

MaceInTheFace said:

I think Sea of Fire... It's a bit easy to get all the grass/dirt/mushrooms and stuff. In my opinion.

But rabbit holes 1 and 2 are a pain in the ack, if you get my meaning.

My very first iteration of The Sea of Flame was mercilessly difficult, so I tried to scale back just a bit - there is a fine line between an enjoyably difficult challenge and masochistic frustration.  But if you get cocky, you can always go... down.  >:)

romar said:

Fire, water, air... now all you need is an entirely underground map (EARTH!) with bedrock ceiling at build limit, regular bedrock floor and bedrock walls (large enough of course to be plenty fun). Sort of like the nether, but without the nether fog, blocks & lava.

The 4 basic western elements! :D

Working on an earth / cave map right now! :D

MaceInTheFace said:

Also, my favorite wuote from Sea of Flame:

"Sometimes you just luck out and get free stuff."

I try to not be in dick-mode 100% of the time.  :)

mrgillski said:

i freaking love all three of them they are beast i like the eye of the tiger reference in the sky one :D :Furnace:

Climbing up that hill feels like crossing a finish line, and as I play-tested it that song kept popping into my head.

tchic777 said:

Dangit Vechs

Posted Image

Problem, tchic?

Bharg said:

Great maps! :P Keep up the good work.

Thanks! :D
Posted Image

Zisteau
    Zisteau

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:43 AM

Episode Two of Sea of Flame:
qf0Brsn8WnY

If you've seen my videos you know I edit out any downtime or boring stuff...this video I think I edited out a total of 20 seconds total. I am on edge at all times while playing this map. Really a ton of fun.