• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Cannot break blocks in minecraft server

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

hobothehero

Posted 04 March 2011 - 11:53 AM

Ok so we are paying for a minecraft server and my friend can break blocks but i cant, i have been whitelisted and opped and moved away from the spawn (a long way away) but i still can't break blocks or place them. Help please!!!
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

ziv6
    ziv6

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:03 PM

Looks like another "lag" bug...

Try setting limit framerate on, the head and light thingys off.

Also, if you use ZoneAlarm, shut it down.

If it's still a no-go, it's the same as everyone else is reporting.

ziv.

hobothehero

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:09 PM

what do you mean the same as everyone else is reporting?
Posted Image

Zaflis
    Zaflis

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:49 PM

This i think only started today for me. I downloaded fresh new version (1.3 beta) of minecraft_server.jar changed server.properties so that it creates new world from scratch. Now i do have Hamachi up but this time i joined in as localhost. When i cut a tree or dig sand they come back up after 2 seconds. It doesn't happen in all places but annoyingly frequently.

What i'm most puzzled about is i didn't have this yesterday. I was using bukkit previously and this now has no plugins at all. Bukkit started having this error aswell.

Is there some cache i can clear or anything at all that helps?

I have no firewall apart from Windows 7 own, using 1024 memory in the .bat file, 3GHz dualcore cpu and 3GB RAM.

King_Pikmin

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:50 PM

Ever since 1.3 (Or 1.3_01) lag on servers has been a lot worse.  Hoping another update is around the corner with less lag.
Posted Image

Siege
    Siege

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 04:04 PM

King_Pikmin said:

Ever since 1.3 (Or 1.3_01) lag on servers has been a lot worse.  Hoping another update is around the corner with less lag.
Has Notch made a comment on the bug thing? Would assume he would fix in right away?

Anthraxian

Posted 04 March 2011 - 05:38 PM

Same problem. Started yesterday. Can't break blocks anywhere - they just replace themselves and then eventually the server locks up.

hobothehero

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:14 PM

Wow ok so it's not just us, hopefully notch will fix it asap!
Posted Image

AngryAnt
    AngryAnt

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:24 PM

Its not just you, theres about 15 topics on it (from what i've seen. I've the problem too).
It seems to be something random because four friends are playing fine with the same server and are on teamspeak with me at the moment..

As for Notch saying anything, i personally haven't been able to find anything but hopefully an update or a hotfix will be out soon, since its rather annoying :D.

Anthraxian

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:57 AM

Its still going on and I know it isn't a lag issue because I connect to "localhost" being as the server is being run on my computer.

The problem seems intermittent but I also found another very very strange error.

A block appeared on my beach where there was no block before. it was about 20 by 20 and composed of rock and dirt.

I have been trying to clear it and it keeps respawning. Now the weird part is that I stumbled on another patch of dirt and rock on my property that exactly mimics the behavior of that block on my beach. Except for one thing. The "mimic" block shows the rock and dirt I mined off the "beach block" as having been removed.

So basically I have two spots in the world apparently sharing the exact same data with one another - but they are in two different places at once.

Odd.

Anthraxian

Posted 05 March 2011 - 03:27 AM

Bumping until we get some kind of response

hobothehero

Posted 05 March 2011 - 03:39 AM

I think the only.thing we can do is wait for a patch
Posted Image

Zaflis
    Zaflis

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 08:13 AM

Can you try making RUN.bat with exactly these inside: (just replace craftbukkit-0.0.1-snapshot.jar with your server.jar whatever it is)

@ECHO OFF
IF /I "%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE:~-2%"=="64" "%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar "%~dp0craftbukkit-0.0.1-snapshot.jar"
IF /I "%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE:~-2%"=="86" java -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar "%~dp0craftbukkit-0.0.1-snapshot.jar"

Fixed for me. I had previously stripped it down to about:

@ECHO OFF
java -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-snapshot.jar
...and about every second chunk in the world kept coming back after mining. It was really unplayable.

edit: If you want to start server from desktop, make a shortcut to RUN.bat. DO NOT make the bat file itself on your desktop.

hobothehero

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:07 AM

But if we are buying a server and we don't have access to the server files then we wont be able to do that will we?
Posted Image

Anthraxian

Posted 05 March 2011 - 08:13 PM

I'm not using any mods or textures so this fix doesn't apply to me.

ratty860997

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:58 PM

I have just imported one of my single player maps into the multiplayer server folder as i would normally do in order to play with friends and i am also having this problem.  I have spwnd in hole i cant get out of because i cant destroy the blocks, i always thought u cudnt dig up your spwn, but i gave myself some dirt to build myself out and they just disapear as soon as i lay them too.  Glad its not just me..

crasher308

Posted 19 March 2011 - 01:31 AM

just found a fix...make yourself op..sorry if it doesnt fix it for you but it worked for me :iapprove:

Didelphus

Posted 19 March 2011 - 01:52 AM

Is there any way to affect blocks or place items near the spawn point?

BrotherThomas
  • Minecraft: BrotherThomas

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:25 AM

I really hope it's a bug cause i can talk to people and pick up items but just can't break any blocks, place blocks, or go through doorways........my friend was laughing at me cause my character was spazzing in our doorway when i used to be perfectly fine with all of it please.

Oh mighty Notch, Hallowed be your pixels. Your game has come, your patches shall be done, on World1 as it is in the Nether. Let this creeper :grass:  give us some sulfur :grass: , and forgive us our flint and steel {SMILIES_PATH}/flintnsteel.png , as we forgive those who light our buildings on fire :grass: . And lead us not into spamtation, but deliver us from zombie's :chestfront: .
Posted Image

rboehle
    rboehle

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 01:19 AM

yeah it's happening to me to in 1.5-01 so :) please fix this