• Minecraft: Seive

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:57 PM

selinis said:

does this work with modloader v4?
Yes.

Alex Humva
  • Minecraft: dralexhumva

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:37 AM

Must say, loving this mod; it's really added to my Minecraft experience, flying over forests and seeing them grow.

I'm probably going make a timelapse video of this mod, start with one tree and wait several hours while the forest grows.
Need help building/buying a computer? Shoot me a message.
Posted Image

simo_415
    simo_415

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3046 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 02:02 AM

Alex Humva said:

Must say, loving this mod; it's really added to my Minecraft experience, flying over forests and seeing them grow.

I'm probably going make a timelapse video of this mod, start with one tree and wait several hours while the forest grows.

Like this?

lxR90pndZps

Anyways, feel free to use the video to advertise your mod if you like. I have found that videos of the mod in action help in getting people to install your mod.

+vA Seive

Posted 08 March 2011 - 02:12 AM

simo_415 said:

lxR90pndZps

Anyways, feel free to use the video to advertise your mod if you like. I have found that videos of the mod in action help in getting people to install your mod.
What is the mod setting on in that video? (SuperFast, Fast, Ect)

Clintonio
    Clintonio

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1080 posts
  • Minecraft: Clintonxa

Posted 08 March 2011 - 02:46 AM

Version 0.6 Released

Changes
- Added varied Saplings
-- Pine trees grow in tundra and taiga
-- Birch trees can grow everywhere else
- Added INTENSE setting for impatient people
- Set default speed to AVERAGE

Compatibility Changes

- Now incompatible with any "Sapling fix" mods as sapling fix is a configurable component of AutoForest

New Options

- Ability to turn OFF VarietalSaplings
- INTENSE speed for sapling dispersal

In the Next Revision

- InstantSaplings will be an opt-in (off by default) addition

Clintonio
    Clintonio

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1080 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 02:48 AM

simo_415 said:

Alex Humva said:

Like this?

lxR90pndZps

Although I do not think this is AutoForest, I will put a link to it on the front page. If I have one confirmed to be an AutoForest timelapse I will put it on the front page.

+vA Seive

Posted 08 March 2011 - 02:48 AM

Clintonxa said:

Version 0.6 Released

Changes
- Added varied Saplings
-- Pine trees grow in tundra and taiga
-- Birch trees can grow everywhere else
- Added INTENSE setting for impatient people
- Set default speed to AVERAGE

Compatibility Changes

- Now incompatible with any "Sapling fix" mods as sapling fix is a configurable component of AutoForest

New Options

- Ability to turn OFF VarietalSaplings
- INTENSE speed for sapling dispersal

In the Next Revision

- InstantSaplings will be an opt-in (off by default) addition
<3 Love it! Can't wait for instant sapling!

simo_415
    simo_415

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3046 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 03:14 AM

Clintonxa said:

simo_415 said:

Alex Humva said:

Like this?

lxR90pndZps

Although I do not think this is AutoForest, I will put a link to it on the front page. If I have one confirmed to be an AutoForest timelapse I will put it on the front page.

No it's not. I wrote it a couple months ago but never released the mod due to various reasons. Best of luck with your mod, it is defiantly something that minecraft needs - hopefully Notch picks it up.

Clintonio
    Clintonio

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1080 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 03:19 AM

simo_415 said:

Clintonxa said:

No it's not. I wrote it a couple months ago but never released the mod due to various reasons. Best of luck with your mod, it is defiantly something that minecraft needs - hopefully Notch picks it up.

I';ve credited you in the first post :3

And thank you, I do want to see this in MC, then I'll be able to spend less time coding features I feel should be in by default and more time playing ;D Actually, scratch that, I'd be able to make other mods ;D

simo_415
    simo_415

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3046 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 03:48 AM

Clintonxa said:

simo_415 said:

Clintonxa said:

I';ve credited you in the first post :3

And thank you, I do want to see this in MC, then I'll be able to spend less time coding features I feel should be in by default and more time playing ;D Actually, scratch that, I'd be able to make other mods ;D

Haha yeah. Making mods is great fun =)

Up_The_Ying_Yang

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:02 AM

Downloaded and installed Nice it doesn't crash and seems to work fine. One question. What is the average time it takes till a tree goes from planting to maturity? Just curious.

Clintonio
    Clintonio

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1080 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:09 AM

Up_The_Ying_Yang said:

Downloaded and installed Nice it doesn't crash and seems to work fine. One question. What is the average time it takes till a tree goes from planting to maturity? Just curious.

That's actually a minecraft defined function and it's random. I can't remember the probability off-hand, but my next release will be editing that section of the code, so I'll be able to tell you.

Usually though, one full minecraft day will grow 2/5 saplings planted from my guestimates.

Oh, and while I'm here, I will also make tree-growth time configurable in the same way AutoForest is. So uhh, TreeGrowthSpeed? Dunno, will work it out tomorrow. That way it'll be less restrictive. So InstantSapling will be one setting of TreeGrowthSpeed (Instant)

mindule
    mindule

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:38 AM

As a suggestion, would it be possible to have different types of trees shoot their seeds different distances?

Up_The_Ying_Yang

Posted 08 March 2011 - 05:21 AM

Dang it! It's causing the game to freeze and crash. Unfortunately it crashes so fast I get no error screen.

Omnomnom24

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:32 AM

Clintonxa, would you kindly merge your fs.class with that from items float, the developer of that has already given what needs to be merged, however he's getting a bad class file error with ModOptionsAPI.

Riking said:

Omnomnom24 said:

OP, if you could merge your fs.class with Auto Forest 0.5 fs.class, that'd be amazing <3
Sorry, but when recompiling with ModOptionsAPI, javac told me that there was a bad class file. If you want to ask the other developer to merge with me, give him this:
Copy from EntityBoat.java lines 147 - 158
Paste in EntityItem.java right after line 67 

'im not retarded and i have social skills and competence i may lack spelling but i could pwn u and ur horribal guild any day of the week' -Hasao0012

Clintonio
    Clintonio

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1080 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:50 AM

Omnomnom24 said:

Clintonxa, would you kindly merge your fs.class with that from items float, the developer of that has already given what needs to be merged, however he's getting a bad class file error with ModOptionsAPI.

Riking said:

Omnomnom24 said:

OP, if you could merge your fs.class with Auto Forest 0.5 fs.class, that'd be amazing <3
Sorry, but when recompiling with ModOptionsAPI, javac told me that there was a bad class file. If you want to ask the other developer to merge with me, give him this:
Copy from EntityBoat.java lines 147 - 158
Paste in EntityItem.java right after line 67 

Can do, but first:
Is he using MCP or obfuscated code?

Omnomnom24

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:55 AM

I imagine from the sound of it he's decrypting the files, doing his modding, then encrypting them again.

Edit - Yeah, just looked at the mod, it's just fs.class, and he provides the source, fs.java

'im not retarded and i have social skills and competence i may lack spelling but i could pwn u and ur horribal guild any day of the week' -Hasao0012

Clintonio
    Clintonio

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1080 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:18 AM

Omnomnom24 said:

I imagine from the sound of it he's decrypting the files, doing his modding, then encrypting them again.

Edit - Yeah, just looked at the mod, it's just fs.class, and he provides the source, fs.java

Those lines of code don't terminate correctly. If I paste them into my EntityItem (the one provided with AutoForest) it will give loads of syntax errors.

Does he mean 147-178/179?

Sorry for this, but working with line instructions isn't something programmers are normally adept to XD

Omnomnom24

Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:32 AM

Honestly, I have no clue. I simply relayed what I was provided with. I'm more of a C# and ASM coder.

If it's going to be a problem or simply a waste of time, I wouldn't trouble yourself with it, the fact that you've tried is more than enough for me :]