• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.X][Forge] MobTalker2 - Forums opened!

visual novel avg forge mobs creatures scripts

• Please log in to reply
938 replies to this topic

Chimaine
    Chimaine

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 279 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:57 PM

View PostMQhelper, on 29 July 2013 - 12:56 PM, said:

That actually sounds great!

However these pics were from AT2's official art page. He is probably working on new art for all the mobs,but I'll just make sure to inform you if he does. Posted Image
When we talked to him he sounded really busy, but hopefully he'll work with us in the future if we need more artwork ;)
Developer of MobTalker2, a Visual Novel engine for Minecraft.

Do not PM me about support for MobTalker2!

Register or log in to remove.

DismalAmoeba
  • Minecraft: ConstantNexus
  • Xbox:Yeah...No.

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:41 AM

Ah, crap, I think I know what the visual novel fanatics will do with this once completed..."shudders"
Posted ImagePosted Image
Hey, guys. Quote me if you want me to respond. Otherwise I'll have no idea what the hell you want with me.
Friend Code: 1263-6258-8121 (Poison)
Friend Safaris: Poison: Swalot, Whirlipede, Seviper.

MQhelper
    MQhelper

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4740 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:07 AM

View PostDismalAmoeba, on 30 July 2013 - 01:41 AM, said:

Ah, crap, I think I know what the visual novel fanatics will do with this once completed..."shudders"
Customize it? :3

Posted Image

Razor_Blade_Swift
  • Minecraft: razorblade_swift
  • Xbox:Ryuu K1tsune

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:53 AM

View PostChimaine, on 29 July 2013 - 12:53 PM, said:

We'll most likely provide the already known artwork of MobTalker from AT2 by default.

One of the great things about MobTalker2 is, that you can provide the artwork via Resource Packs. So just like Texture Packs you can provide artwork for MobTalker2 with those! You can even change how the GUI looks Posted Image

Awesome sounds great I'll be glad to see that.

View PostMQhelper, on 29 July 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Thanks! Found it while I was busy searching for other anime art. Posted Image

I found some art for interacting with Andr.
Would you consider adding these into your Mobtalker 2 once you can implement Andr into it? Posted Image

Very nice art I like it, when the stuff gets implemented I'll have to get those pics as part of a pack. Posted Image
And I see that it is by AT2 which is even better and I do hope it is his new art, it like he worked very hard on it.
Posted Image

Turbulence123

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:40 PM

Plz tell me you will make it possible to interact with villagers and more mobs but I have minecraft comes alive mod how will it work with mobtalker2
OH YEAH!!!!!!!

Chimaine
    Chimaine

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 279 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:53 AM

View PostTurbulence123, on 30 July 2013 - 11:40 PM, said:

Plz tell me you will make it possible to interact with villagers and more mobs but I have minecraft comes alive mod how will it work with mobtalker2
You'll be able to turn MobTalker2's features for each individual creature on or off.
So if another Mod would cause problems for a particular creature, you can just turn it off in the settings and everything should work fine.

Turbulence123

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

View PostChimaine, on 31 July 2013 - 07:53 AM, said:

You'll be able to turn MobTalker2's features for each individual creature on or off.
So if another Mod would cause problems for a particular creature, you can just turn it off in the settings and everything should work fine.

But will it be compatible? :(
OH YEAH!!!!!!!

Chimaine
    Chimaine

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 279 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:11 PM

I have added a more "complex" example script to the main post, that shows the script behind the screenshot!

View PostTurbulence123, on 31 July 2013 - 01:37 PM, said:

But will it be compatible? :(
Didn't I just wrote that? ;)

Motionless_Shade
  • Minecraft: Motionless_Shade

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:03 PM

so will it be that there is only one of any mob-talker variant mob, or can someone go up to any mob and change it to its counterpart? also would it be possible to implement a new villager mob that doesn't try to sell you things, but instead will carry on a conversation?
Join Warframe and help save the universe!

https://warframe.com...a4d80586d000002

Chimaine
    Chimaine

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 279 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:20 PM

View PostDmitri33, on 31 July 2013 - 11:03 PM, said:

so will it be that there is only one of any mob-talker variant mob, or can someone go up to any mob and change it to its counterpart?
I'm not quite sure if I understand that question...

There are no "MobTalker" creatures. It doesn't change anything about them, except that you can interact with them.

also would it be possible to implement a new villager mob that doesn't try to sell you things, but instead will carry on a conversation?
Why not both? :)

Razor_Blade_Swift

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:23 AM

so will it be that there is only one of any mob-talker variant mob, or can someone go up to any mob and change it to its counterpart? also would it be possible to implement a new villager mob that doesn't try to sell you things, but instead will carry on a conversation?

I believe he is saying is the mob that you choose to talk to going to remain the same or is it going to be changed to an alternate version of itself so its no longer hostile or something. I think that is what he means.

View PostChimaine, on 31 July 2013 - 11:20 PM, said:

There are no "MobTalker" creatures. It doesn't change anything about them, except that you can interact with them.

Why not both? Posted Image

And both sound good, maybe you even have to develop a relationship with the villager to be able to buy goods and then the better it is the better goods you can get. Just an a quick thought when I was reading all that
Posted Image

Chimaine
    Chimaine

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 279 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:54 AM

View PostRazor_Blade_Swift, on 01 August 2013 - 06:23 AM, said:

And both sound good, maybe you even have to develop a relationship with the villager to be able to buy goods and then the better it is the better goods you can get. Just an a quick thought when I was reading all that
Entirely up to script authors but a definite possibility ;)

MQhelper
    MQhelper

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4740 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:35 AM

I've been thinking,will there be a feature where more than one mob can have a conversation with you? Or rather,have a conversation among themselves?

Posted Image

Chimaine
    Chimaine

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 279 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:14 PM

View PostMQhelper, on 01 August 2013 - 09:35 AM, said:

I've been thinking,will there be a feature where more than one mob can have a conversation with you? Or rather,have a conversation among themselves?
It is a planned feature, but for one of the later versions, not for the first release.

Motionless_Shade

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:11 AM

View PostChimaine, on 31 July 2013 - 11:20 PM, said:

Why not both? Posted Image

to specify my question:
there are 2 creepers; if i pull a mob talker on one it will become Cupa and talk to me. if i pull a mob talker on the second creeper, will it also become Cupa and talk to me, or will there only be one of any given Cupa entity in the world at one point?

another question regarding this mod, would it be possible to implement a Magical Spectacles type item that when worn as helmet will show the CuteMobModels mob skin?

yarrmateys

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:46 AM

another question regarding this mod, would it be possible to implement a Magical Spectacles type item that when worn as helmet will show the CuteMobModels mob skin?
that would probably have to be implemented into cute mob models mod, i doubt this one can influence how another mod works.

although i'd probably rather see it being done in a way that when you talk to the mob and "activate it" using this mod, the cute mob models part activates too and swaps their original mc model into the cmm version, but that'd probably require its combination/reproduction in this mod.
[1.7.2]yarrcutemobmodels_1.0.6.zip
remade for forge, with all new models. fixed nbt data not being carried over, which fixes the slime problem for real rather than just disabling it.

requires minecraft forge 10.12.0.1024 recommended build or newer. it won't work on earlier ones.

Motionless_Shade

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:19 AM

View Postyarrmateys, on 04 August 2013 - 12:46 AM, said:

that would probably have to be implemented into cute mob models mod, i doubt this one can influence how another mod works.

although i'd probably rather see it being done in a way that when you talk to the mob and "activate it" using this mod, the cute mob models part activates too and swaps their original mc model into the cmm version, but that'd probably require its combination/reproduction in this mod.

i thought that when Scmowns started updating MobTalker, that he merged it and CMM together?

Apollo8757

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:49 AM

I had never even heard of MobTalker before now. This looks really cool.
Posted Image
I am a representative of VudooHosting

Chimaine
    Chimaine

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 279 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:58 AM

View PostDmitri33, on 04 August 2013 - 12:11 AM, said:

to specify my question:
there are 2 creepers; if i pull a mob talker on one it will become Cupa and talk to me. if i pull a mob talker on the second creeper, will it also become Cupa and talk to me, or will there only be one of any given Cupa entity in the world at one point?
They will both have the name the script specifies for them. If the script assigns the same name to every Creeper, every Creeper you talk to will be named the same. It's completely up to script authors.

MobTalker2 will provide a functionality later on to assist script authors with names and personalities of creatures.

View PostDmitri33, on 04 August 2013 - 12:11 AM, said:

When I looked at CuteMobModels the last time it was a ModLoader mod and messed with Minecraft files. There might be some ways to make them work alongside each other, but not for the first release.

Razor_Blade_Swift

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:14 AM

View PostChimaine, on 04 August 2013 - 09:58 AM, said:

When I looked at CuteMobModels the last time it was a ModLoader mod and messed with Minecraft files. There might be some ways to make them work alongside each other, but not for the first release.

Indeed, I gave up on CuteMobModels cause of that. Some reason they did not script it right and it caused massive errors in Minecraft. Was sad that it did that, its a good mod. I do hope they will work with this project. Can't wait till first release. Posted Image
Posted Image