• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.X][Forge] MobTalker2 - Forums opened!

visual novel avg forge mobs creatures scripts

• Please log in to reply
938 replies to this topic

Chimaine
    Chimaine

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 279 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:14 PM

MobTalker2 now has its own forums where you can share and get scripts and get help with writing them!

www.mobtalker.net/forums/

For tutorials and references visit our Wiki at www.mobtalker.net!

With MobTalker2 you'll be able to turn Minecraft into a Visual Novel (or to be more precise an AVG).

MobTalker2 is the spiritual successor of Mob Talker and a complete rewrite.
Just like with Mob Talker, you'll be able to write scripts that enable players to talk with various mobs in Minecraft, and much more!

Current version: 0.2.1-beta for 1.6.X

Frequently Asked Questions
Spoiler:

Screenshots!
Spoiler:

Development state
Spoiler:

I found a bug!
For information on how to report bugs, see our wiki.

Donators
Dralen Posted Imagex4
ckay1100 Posted Imagex5

Support MobTalker2's development and buy us a coffee!

Spotlights
If you want to make a mod spotlight about MobTalker2, feel free to contact us! We would like to talk with you about it first before you start reviewing it Posted Image

Auto-Downloads
MobTalker2 contacts www.mobtalker.net to check for updates. No information is sent to a remote service. It also downloads additional files that include libraries and/or configuration files needed to run MobTalker2.

License
Review our license here!

Edited by Chimaine, 15 April 2014 - 12:05 PM.

Developer of MobTalker2, a Visual Novel engine for Minecraft.

Do not PM me about support for MobTalker2!

Register or log in to remove.

2030knight

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:01 PM

Nice... mobtalker will live again =D xD

thanks for your work people =)
Life is to enjoy, so let's have fun and have a nice time with each other! =(^.^)=

Baine_Lilian
  • Minecraft: Baine_Lilian

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

I only have one issue. Just one. I like it to work with Modloader as well. Otherwise, it is pointless to even go for this mod for people who have modloader. I don't want it just for forge, I also want it for Modloader as well. I like it if you try to make it work for both. Because I'm not going to waste my time trying to figure out how to install Forge.

I am nothing more than an innocent flower...

2030knight

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:42 PM

View PostBaine_Lilian, on 27 July 2013 - 06:27 PM, said:

I only have one issue. Just one. I like it to work with Modloader as well. Otherwise, it is pointless to even go for this mod for people who have modloader. I don't want it just for forge, I also want it for Modloader as well. I like it if you try to make it work for both. Because I'm not going to waste my time trying to figure out how to install Forge.

installing forge is the same as installing modloader =)
Life is to enjoy, so let's have fun and have a nice time with each other! =(^.^)=

Chimaine
    Chimaine

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 279 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:45 PM

View PostBaine_Lilian, on 27 July 2013 - 06:27 PM, said:

Good thing you dont have to figure it out, since Forge comes with an installer ;) If you knew how to install Minecraft, you know how to install Forge.

About ModLoader: We'll see. MobTalker2 relies on a lot of things in Forge that ModLoader does not provide.

Baine_Lilian

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:50 PM

View Post2030knight, on 27 July 2013 - 06:42 PM, said:

installing forge is the same as installing modloader =)

Truly, it doesn't.

View PostChimaine, on 27 July 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

Good thing you dont have to figure it out, since Forge comes with an installer Posted Image If you knew how to install Minecraft, you know how to install Forge.

About ModLoader: We'll see. MobTalker2 relies on a lot of things in Forge that ModLoader does not provide.
I would think it be a waste of time since I had forge installed before and it never worked, ever.
Also, the reason why forge has more things that Modloader is because most of the mods depend on Forge and don't like mod loader. That's also why forge is 'considered' needed more.

SuperSaiyanSquidward

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:36 PM

"Interaction won't be limited to conversation only" Oh boy, I like where this is going. Get ZONE-SAMA to help!

Cuchaz
    Cuchaz

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 702 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

MobTalker? Maybe you could explain what MobTalker is in the OP for those who have never heard of it before.

Also, hooray for computer science students taking an interest in Minecraft modding! =)
Posted Image Posted Image

2030knight

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:42 PM

View PostBaine_Lilian, on 27 July 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

Truly, it doesn't.

modloader used to be really diferent, but now they are really similar =B
I can help you unstalling it if you want =3

View PostCuchaz, on 27 July 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

MobTalker? Maybe you could explain what MobTalker is in the OP for those who have never heard of it before.

Also, hooray for computer science students taking an interest in Minecraft modding! =)

mobtalker was a mod that allowed you to talk to some mobs in the vanilla version using pre-defined scripts
the beauty of it was that you could write your own scripts and had some pretty cute mob pictures =P

(I'm a computer engineering student, but I don't know enough to build mods yet xD)

Baine_Lilian

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:33 AM

View Post2030knight, on 27 July 2013 - 09:42 PM, said:

modloader used to be really diferent, but now they are really similar =B
I can help you unstalling it if you want =3
Uh, no. I just give up on this down. I don't want to uninstall it. I've given up on this mod now. I was really wanting to do it, but I just simple give up now. This is one of the things I hate about forge. Everyone wants to only use forge, why can't they just make mods for both forge and modloader. It be easier on others. So, I'm not going to be replying from now on.

MechStar
    MechStar

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:47 AM

Exactaly when will it be out? In 1.6? Or next update?!

MQhelper
    MQhelper

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4740 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:06 AM

Brilliant! Thanks for working on the update.

Did you inform Flammarliva about this though? Best If you send him a PM (even though he isn't active) to avoid confusion.

Posted Image

Chimaine
    Chimaine

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 279 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:00 AM

View PostBaine_Lilian, on 28 July 2013 - 03:33 AM, said:

Everyone wants to only use forge, why can't they just make mods for both forge and modloader. It be easier on others.
Because making MobTalker2 with ModLoader and still keep it compatible with as much other mods as possible is just too difficult/nearly impossible. We may make versions for other loaders in the future, but thats quite low on our list.
Forge gives us what we need to make MobTalker2 happen. Alot of other popular Mods are either build with Forge or compatible with it. So we'll stick with it.

And, really, installing Forge is as simple as executing the installer. No rocket science involved.

View PostMechStar, on 28 July 2013 - 04:47 AM, said:

Exactaly when will it be out? In 1.6? Or next update?!
Still in 1.6.

View PostMQhelper, on 28 July 2013 - 05:06 AM, said:

Brilliant! Thanks for working on the update.

Did you inform Flammarliva about this though? Best If you send him a PM (even though he isn't active) to avoid confusion.
We reached out to everyone beforehand, see the bottom of the main post :)

MQhelper
    MQhelper

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4740 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:02 AM

View PostChimaine, on 28 July 2013 - 09:00 AM, said:

We reached out to everyone beforehand, see the bottom of the main post Posted Image
Sorry for not seeing that part of the post,anyways good luck on making this mod better!

I will continue supporting your work on this.

Posted Image

Razor_Blade_Swift
  • Minecraft: razorblade_swift
  • Xbox:Ryuu K1tsune

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:42 AM

I'd love to see mobtalker up and going again, I kinda miss it. Haven't played it for nearly a year. Best of luck and I hope all gets going soon, and I am glad your going to make MTS much more simple. And I am very happy to see multiplayer as a feature that will soon be implemented, I've been waiting forever for that. Very glad to see somone working on it again.

View PostChimaine, on 27 July 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

Currently you can only interact with 3 of Minecraft's creatures: Creepers, Skeletons and Zombies.

awwwww Posted Image , no Andr, ahhh well I spose I can wait a bit.

lol MQhelper nice ashe pic (least it reminds me of her from League)
Posted Image

Chimaine
    Chimaine

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 279 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:33 PM

We added a screenshot as a peek how MobTalker2 will look at default :)

View PostRazor_Blade_Swift, on 28 July 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

awwwww Posted Image , no Andr, ahhh well I spose I can wait a bit.
Yeah, we're sorry for that.
Like we stated in the main post we will enable all vanilla creatures eventually. But work focus right now is on MobTalker2 itself, rather then converting those creatures.

Here is a list of what creatures will be in the standart MobTalker2 pack, and which will require extra conversion work.

Included in MobTalker2:
  • Creeper (Done)
  • Iron Golem
  • PigZombie
  • Skeleton (Done)
  • Snowman
  • Witch
  • Zombie (Done)
  • Bat
  • Chicken
  • Cow
  • Horse
  • Ocelot
  • Pig
  • Sheep
  • Villager(!)
  • Wolf
  • Wither

Coremod needed:
  • Blaze (WIP)
  • Cavespider
  • Enderman (WIP)
  • Ghast
  • Magma Cube
  • Silverfish
  • Slime
  • Spider
  • Squid
  • Enderdragon

Razor_Blade_Swift
  • Minecraft: razorblade_swift
  • Xbox:Ryuu K1tsune

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:01 AM

View PostChimaine, on 28 July 2013 - 01:33 PM, said:

We added a screenshot as a peek how MobTalker2 will look at default Posted Image

Like we stated in the main post we will enable all vanilla creatures eventually. But work focus right now is on MobTalker2 itself, rather then converting those creatures.

Not that worried, I can wait and I like the look of the GUI, I can see that you've been working hard at this mod.

And Cupa will keep me busy as you work on the other 1's I like.
Posted Image

MQhelper
    MQhelper

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4740 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:44 PM

View PostRazor_Blade_Swift, on 28 July 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

lol MQhelper nice ashe pic (least it reminds me of her from League)
Thanks! Found it while I was busy searching for other anime art. Posted Image

View PostChimaine, on 28 July 2013 - 01:33 PM, said:

We added a screenshot as a peek how MobTalker2 will look at default Posted Image

Here is a list of what creatures will be in the standart MobTalker2 pack, and which will require extra conversion work.

I found some art for interacting with Andr.
Would you consider adding these into your Mobtalker 2 once you can implement Andr into it? Posted Image
Neutral
Spoiler:
Happy
Spoiler:
Sad
Spoiler:
Shy
Spoiler:
Nervous/uneasy
Spoiler:

EDIT:  Forgot to add this extra picture of Andr. She looks cute wearing glasses. :3
Spoiler:

Posted Image

Chimaine
    Chimaine

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 279 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:53 PM

View PostMQhelper, on 29 July 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

I found some art for interacting with Andr.
Would you consider adding these into your Mobtalker 2 once you can implement Andr into it? :)
We'll most likely provide the already known artwork of MobTalker from AT2 by default.

One of the great things about MobTalker2 is, that you can provide the artwork via Resource Packs. So just like Texture Packs you can provide artwork for MobTalker2 with those! You can even change how the GUI looks :)

MQhelper
    MQhelper

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4740 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:56 PM

View PostChimaine, on 29 July 2013 - 12:53 PM, said:

We'll most likely provide the already known artwork of MobTalker from AT2 by default.

One of the great things about MobTalker2 is, that you can provide the artwork via Resource Packs. So just like Texture Packs you can provide artwork for MobTalker2 with those! You can even change how the GUI looks Posted Image
That actually sounds great!

However these pics were from AT2's official art page. He is probably working on new art for all the mobs,but I'll just make sure to inform you if he does. Posted Image

Posted Image