[1.6.2] [MediaFire] ALL ABOUT RESOURCE PACKS [Find all help here]

resource pack 1.6.2 template 1.6.2 texturepack 16x16 32x32 64x64

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

ProTayaan
  • Minecraft: ProTayaanHD
  • Xbox:ProTayaan

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:46 PM

Hello! As you know, Minecraft doesn't support Texture Packs anymore for 1.6 and now has Resource Packs. A Resource Pack also adds customized sounds! In this topic, you can learn how to make your very own Resource Pack!

Download Template Here: http://www.mediafire...ck_template.zip

If there is anything else you want me to review, I will update as soon as possible!
Spoiler: Starting

Spoiler: Resolution

Spoiler: Texturing

Spoiler: Sounds

Spoiler: pack.mcmeta

Spoiler: Finishing/ Uploading

Thanks You you have enjoyed this topic. If you have anything to say, please post it in the comments!

Register or log in to remove.

ProTayaan

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:47 AM

Any thing else I didn't cover, please leave a post!

joeylesko396

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:17 PM

Your mediafire account wasn't validated yet, so no one can download. Also, I think that with resource packs they have to be a folder, not a zip.

ProTayaan

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:22 PM

View Postjoeylesko396, on 28 July 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

Your mediafire account wasn't validated yet, so no one can download. Also, I think that with resource packs they have to be a folder, not a zip.

Sorry. 40 people downloaded it before. I will fix this tomorrow!

ProTayaan

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:19 AM

View Postjoeylesko396, on 28 July 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

View PostProTayaan, on 28 July 2013 - 08:22 PM, said:

Sorry. 40 people downloaded it before. I will fix this tomorrow!

I have fixed the download AND updated the post!

FabooGuy

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:06 PM

Another useful tool for texturing is Paint.NET, mainly for pixel art. For sound files, I can recommend Audacity.
And using a folder as a resource pack is definitely not the best way to do it. Minecraft reads .PNG and .png files in folders, but only .png files in .zip archives. So, when you're uploading your pack after zipping it, make sure to test it again.
Posted Image

ryanjr
    ryanjr

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

I need help. My texture pack wont show up in the selection window. Please help.

nzureuz
    nzureuz

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Minecraft: nzureuz

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:09 PM

on the music section, you can add the audacity program(free, record or edit music and sounds), or FL Studio(pay requiered, but it let's you create music). those programs can output .ogg

samohtj
    samohtj

Nether Resident

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2267 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

View Postryanjr, on 29 July 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

I need help. My texture pack wont show up in the selection window. Please help.

Your pack.mcmeta either doesn't exist or has a syntax error. Check for extra commas.

Somebody's gotta get these BEES out of my TEETH! D:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Guide to CTMMini's Texture Pack TutorialsHave pink and black textures? Click here!

ProTayaan

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:06 AM

View Postnzureuz, on 29 July 2013 - 07:09 PM, said:

on the music section, you can add the audacity program(free, record or edit music and sounds), or FL Studio(pay requiered, but it let's you create music). those programs can output .ogg
I think so. You should try. It worked for me with mp4 and flv (When I used the web converter provided in the topic)

View PostFabooGuy, on 29 July 2013 - 12:06 PM, said:

Another useful tool for texturing is Paint.NET, mainly for pixel art. For sound files, I can recommend Audacity.
And using a folder as a resource pack is definitely not the best way to do it. Minecraft reads .PNG and .png files in folders, but only .png files in .zip archives. So, when you're uploading your pack after zipping it, make sure to test it again.

Thanks you. I will update the topic with your info.

Tassadaritze
    Tassadaritze

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1062 posts
  • Minecraft: Tassadaritze
  • PSN:Tapki008

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:08 AM

I have a problem. I have changed the sounds and all, they are in ogg, have the same names... but the mob I changed (Villager) still uses the original sounds.

ProTayaan

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:13 PM

View PostTassadaritze, on 30 July 2013 - 11:08 AM, said:

I have a problem. I have changed the sounds and all, they are in ogg, have the same names... but the mob I changed (Villager) still uses the original sounds.

There are a few things that could be the problem.

Spoiler: 1.) Are you using the template provided above?

Spoiler: 2.) Is it the right file size?

If not, download a successful Resource Pack. Check the files and see if you did anything different. If that doesn't work, I don't know what screwed up!

Donovan0777
  • Minecraft: Donovan077

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:28 PM

I am trying to add minecraft everyday acoustic to minecraft in place of the normal in game music. I converted it and moved it into my 2 converted texturepacks' zipped folders in the roaming folder. Is that how i add it to use as music? I have no idea what im doing. I just want minecraft everyday acoustic to be my in game music. Help from any1 would be great.
-Don "OMG ITS DONOVAN"Email me

ProTayaan

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

View PostDonovan0777, on 30 July 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

I am trying to add minecraft everyday acoustic to minecraft in place of the normal in game music. I converted it and moved it into my 2 converted texturepacks' zipped folders in the roaming folder. Is that how i add it to use as music? I have no idea what im doing. I just want minecraft everyday acoustic to be my in game music. Help from any1 would be great.

If you are adding it to a texture pack, it won't work. Make sure it is a resource pack and place it in the resource pack folder. Too listen to it, convert the audio/ music to .ogg format, put it in assets> minecraft> music. That folder contains all the in game music. Or you can put it as a record by putting it in assets> minecraft> records. Rename the file to another sound file in that folder so you replace that sound.

Donovan0777
  • Minecraft: Donovan077

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:25 AM

Oh, thanks so much. I have been waiting to be able to do this for ages! I love that song so much. Thanks dude!
-Don "OMG ITS DONOVAN"Email me

silvernght

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:03 AM

I am having issues with dowloaded resource packs.  Each of the downloads are 1.6.2 resource packs from this site.  I have dragged and dropped them into the resource pack folder but the only one  that shows up in game is the default even though all the zips are in the folder when i look through finder/library/application support/minecraft/resource packs.  I have run the mcpatcher to try and fix this to no avail, even completely reinstalling minecraft with a new launcher.  Nothing has worked and im at the end of my rope...and yes, i've made sure all the right files are in there according to the previous posts.  I use the Mac OS and i made sure to have the latest versions of everything, what am i doing wrong?

ProTayaan

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:34 AM

View Postsilvernght, on 31 July 2013 - 01:03 AM, said:

I am having issues with dowloaded resource packs.  Each of the downloads are 1.6.2 resource packs from this site.  I have dragged and dropped them into the resource pack folder but the only one  that shows up in game is the default even though all the zips are in the folder when i look through finder/library/application support/minecraft/resource packs.  I have run the mcpatcher to try and fix this to no avail, even completely reinstalling minecraft with a new launcher.  Nothing has worked and im at the end of my rope...and yes, i've made sure all the right files are in there according to the previous posts.  I use the Mac OS and i made sure to have the latest versions of everything, what am i doing wrong?

I don't have a Mac, so I don't know what the problem might be. Make sure the resource pack is in .minecraft> resourcepacks and not minecraft> resources. Also try to extract the files into a folder. Because now in 1.6, resource pack do not need to be in a zip. It can also be in a folder

silvernght

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:11 AM

I have made sure it's in the right folder with the proper format.  I've even tried it with several of the most popular 1.6.2 resource packs available..none of them are showing up in game.  I have tried both the .zip and the folder versions in the resourcepacks folder, with patcher and without...i've tried complete reinstalls of the minecraft launcher as well.  Could it be the launcher version itself? is anyone using a mac able to get the 1.6.2 to use downloaded resource packs?

samohtj
    samohtj

Nether Resident

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2267 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:38 AM

View Postsilvernght, on 08 August 2013 - 02:11 AM, said:

I have made sure it's in the right folder with the proper format.  I've even tried it with several of the most popular 1.6.2 resource packs available..none of them are showing up in game.  I have tried both the .zip and the folder versions in the resourcepacks folder, with patcher and without...i've tried complete reinstalls of the minecraft launcher as well.  Could it be the launcher version itself? is anyone using a mac able to get the 1.6.2 to use downloaded resource packs?

If you go into the Options/Resource Packs menu and click "Open Resource Packs Folder," do all the packs you installed show up in the window that opens?

Somebody's gotta get these BEES out of my TEETH! D:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Guide to CTMMini's Texture Pack TutorialsHave pink and black textures? Click here!

silvernght

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:10 AM

yes, all the packs show up in options > resource packs, they just dont appear in the launcher screen...all that shows up is the default pack.