• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Not Spawning at Spawn?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

SpectralEclipse

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:40 PM

I am currently finishing up on a map I am working on, but the main problem I am getting right now that spawn is not working correctly.

I have set the spawn of the world using MCEdit and checked with NBTExplorer, but yet I am still spawned in the wrong place.

I've tried deleting my player.dat file but even that doesn't seem to be working as when I rejoin the world I am in the wrong place with all my old items.

Anyone got any suggestions for me?

Thanks
~SpectralEclipse
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

kingzogan
  • Minecraft: kingzogan

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:02 AM

Hmm, try using a mod like singleplayercommands and use the /setspawn command.

If that doesn't work, I'm not sure what will. Maybe theres a bed someplace on the map? Try sleeping at where you want the player to spawn.

DavidsKanal

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:38 PM

I know what's going on.

Minecraft Players always spawn in a radius of ~17 blocks around the spawn block. That area is called the spawn area. Every time a player spawns, he will spawn in a random spot in the spawn area. The only way to fix this is by making a spawn area with tripwire, and have the players spawn point set with a /spawnpoint command. As soon as a spawnpoint for a player is set, he will ALWAYS spawn at that exact point.

Take a look at this video by SethBling, it should help you out.

DavidsKanal ;)

drguild
    drguild

Carpenter

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:46 PM

Are you using a server mod such as bukkit and its plugins?

If you are which sounds like you may then spawn is handled by those, even player inventories and players current locations can be handled by the server plugins like essentials instead of the player.dat which I presume you are using or something like it if you are deleting the player dat and its still the same.

Essentials spawn and player files are located in a sub folder underneath each other.

Also I don't know if you are using a server or a local world file but if its a server it will be handy to tell us what plugins you have installed and how they're configured in your permissions file as essential, multiverse and even vanilla all can handle spawn points and all are setup in there own ways and player inventories can be handled differently by a few plugins also.