• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Metroid Cubed! [ 1.6.4 ] Power suits, Beams, Hypermode and more!

metroid prime beams suits power suits phazon hypermode missiles lasers awesomeness

• Please log in to reply
927 replies to this topic

Poll: New content (344 member(s) have cast votes)

Which would you prefer fewer, more content packed updates, or smaller, more frequent updates?

1. Bigger, less frequent updates (222 votes [64.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 64.53%

2. Smaller, more frequent updates (122 votes [35.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.47%

Vote Guests cannot vote

PhilosophicalChimera
  • Minecraft: hellow12327
  • Xbox:hellow12327

Posted Yesterday, 08:58 PM

View PostJames_R_Rustled, on 20 April 2014 - 07:25 PM, said:

Yeah, I think that's a bit overkill... Even 50 is a bit much, since if it's used anywhere near anything flammable, it's going to burn everything down.
'tis the point Posted Image
Also, new update fixing a few things, right HERE

In this update, I added models for the dark and sun bursts, removed recoil because it was weird and didn't fit well, fixed all the mentioned bugs except the miscoloring of the beam in water (blame MC's rendering engine) and slowdown when charging because I haven't figured that one out yet (it's been in the mod since the beginning and i've hated it the whole time :/ )
Creator of Metroid Cubed! Power Suits, Beams, Hypermode and more!
Posted Image
Supporter of Cubic Chunks!
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

vyor21
    vyor21

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:09 PM

View PostPhilosophicalChimera, on 20 April 2014 - 08:58 PM, said:

In this update, I added models for the dark and sun bursts, removed recoil because it was weird and didn't fit well, fixed all the mentioned bugs except the discoloring of the beam in water (blame MC's rendering engine) and slowdown when charging because I haven't figured that one out yet (it's been in the mod since the beginning and i've hated it the whole time :/ )

I assume you are using a modified bow code? If so add a speed boost affect(the potion effect). It may counter it. Not a perfect fix, but as a patch job it would work.

PhilosophicalChimera
  • Xbox:hellow12327

Posted Yesterday, 09:32 PM

View Postvyor21, on 20 April 2014 - 09:09 PM, said:

I assume you are using a modified bow code? If so add a speed boost affect(the potion effect). It may counter it. Not a perfect fix, but as a patch job it would work.
Nope, it's custom. The problem is, setting any item in use automatically slows down the player in a way that can't be blocked. Adding speed or changing the players movespeed both alter the players FOV, and when you fire it rapidly the rapid FOV changes are disorienting and annoying.
Creator of Metroid Cubed! Power Suits, Beams, Hypermode and more!
Posted Image
Supporter of Cubic Chunks!
Posted Image

James_R_Rustled

Posted Yesterday, 09:55 PM

In this update, I added models for the dark and sun bursts, removed recoil because it was weird and didn't fit well, fixed all the mentioned bugs except the miscoloring of the beam in water (blame MC's rendering engine) and slowdown when charging because I haven't figured that one out yet (it's been in the mod since the beginning and i've hated it the whole time :/ )

Overkill in the sense that it's too destructive to be practical. I normally used it when I wanted to kill a whole lot of mobs, but making it dangerous and impractical to use seems...overkill..

My game crashes when I try to load the game with the newest update. It's not due to a conflict with any of the other mods, since I took out every other mod and left just the newest metroid mod in, and it still crashed.

Spoiler:

VoidChimera

Posted Yesterday, 10:10 PM

View PostJames_R_Rustled, on 20 April 2014 - 09:55 PM, said:

Overkill in the sense that it's too destructive to be practical. I normally used it when I wanted to kill a whole lot of mobs, but making it dangerous and impractical to use seems...overkill..

My game crashes when I try to load the game with the newest update.
1. IK, i'll probs revert it in the next update
2. Aw hell naw.... gimmie a sec, let me track the problem down...
3. My old MCF account derped so i'm stuck with this one for the time being (or indefinitely if the staff can't fix curses brokenness)

Edit: I think I found the problem, gimmie a sec...

HERE's the working version!!

James_R_Rustled

Posted Yesterday, 11:08 PM

View PostVoidChimera, on 20 April 2014 - 10:10 PM, said:

1. IK, i'll probs revert it in the next update
2. Aw hell naw.... gimmie a sec, let me track the problem down...
3. My old MCF account derped so i'm stuck with this one for the time being (or indefinitely if the staff can't fix curses brokenness)

Edit: I think I found the problem, gimmie a sec...

HERE's the working version!!

What was wrong with it?

VoidChimera

Posted Yesterday, 11:21 PM

View PostJames_R_Rustled, on 20 April 2014 - 11:08 PM, said:

What was wrong with it?
I accidentally put the entire mod in a folder and put THAT in a zip, and since the extra folder wasn't supposed to be there it couldn't navigate to the mod main file and load it.

Master_Hill_
  • Minecraft: Master_Hill_

Posted Today, 12:10 AM

Random bit here, but am I the only one who never uses the Thermal Visor to kill Shadow pirates? I always just shoot the plasma beam at their static when they first drop down, and shoot at the resulting fire until they are dead. :P
The soul is tempered in the kiln of hardship. It is by the same flames that it is destroyed, and yet forged into something infinitely stronger. -Justin Hill