• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Metroid Cubed! [ 1.6.4 ] Power suits, Beams, Hypermode and more!

metroid prime beams suits power suits phazon hypermode missiles lasers awesomeness

• Please log in to reply
904 replies to this topic

Poll: New content (339 member(s) have cast votes)

Which would you prefer fewer, more content packed updates, or smaller, more frequent updates?

1. Bigger, less frequent updates (219 votes [64.60%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 64.60%

2. Smaller, more frequent updates (120 votes [35.40%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.40%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Master_Hill_
  • Minecraft: Master_Hill_

Posted Yesterday, 07:05 PM

Were you aware that the pickups in the Prime series have their own unique sounds? I hadn't noticed that until I had a swarm of energy pickups floating in front of me from killing off some Scarabs. I turned off music, and it turned out that missiles and powerbomb pickups have unique sounds as well.
Also, will the Missile Expansion block have the power-up sound effect when in the world, or is that still beyond the realm of possibility?

On an unrelated note, gotta love sequence-breaking. I parkoured to get the Plasma beam before going to the Phazon Mines for the first time, and it was much easier. I just wish I had known how easy it was. You only need to have gotten to the point that you have the Space Jump before you can get it, although it's easier when you have the Spider Ball.
The soul is tempered in the kiln of hardship. It is by the same flames that it is destroyed, and yet forged into something infinitely stronger. -Justin Hill

Register or log in to remove.

James_R_Rustled

Posted Yesterday, 11:38 PM

View PostMaster_Hill_, on 18 April 2014 - 07:05 PM, said:

Were you aware that the pickups in the Prime series have their own unique sounds? I hadn't noticed that until I had a swarm of energy pickups floating in front of me from killing off some Scarabs. I turned off music, and it turned out that missiles and powerbomb pickups have unique sounds as well.
Also, will the Missile Expansion block have the power-up sound effect when in the world, or is that still beyond the realm of possibility?

On an unrelated note, gotta love sequence-breaking. I parkoured to get the Plasma beam before going to the Phazon Mines for the first time, and it was much easier. I just wish I had known how easy it was. You only need to have gotten to the point that you have the Space Jump before you can get it, although it's easier when you have the Spider Ball.

I knew the powerbomb did, I didn't know that the health and missiles did, though.

James_R_Rustled

Posted Today, 01:26 AM

View PostMaster_Hill_, on 18 April 2014 - 07:05 PM, said:

You're good with animating and thinking up creative solutions to problems, do you think you'd know how to animate the wave beam so that it "waves" when it's in flight like in Prime 1?

PhilosophicalChimera
  • Minecraft: hellow12327
  • Xbox:hellow12327

Posted Today, 03:47 AM

View PostJames_R_Rustled, on 19 April 2014 - 01:26 AM, said:

You're good with animating and thinking up creative solutions to problems, do you think you'd know how to animate the wave beam so that it "waves" when it's in flight like in Prime 1?
I actually could probs do that now, the charge combos are top priority ATM, tho
Creator of Metroid Cubed! Power Suits, Beams, Hypermode and more!
Posted Image
Supporter of Cubic Chunks!
Posted Image

James_R_Rustled

Posted Today, 04:28 AM

View PostPhilosophicalChimera, on 19 April 2014 - 03:47 AM, said:

I actually could probs do that now, the charge combos are top priority ATM, tho

What needs to be changed about the charge combos? The only problem I can think of is the flame thrower only shooting in bursts and the wavebuster shooting back at you.