Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft 1.6.2 Mods Won't Work!

minecraft mods

  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1

zlo120
    zlo120

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:00 AM

My Minecraft mods will not work!


.
I make a new folder in versions and named it 1.6.2 Mods and
then I make the 1.6.2 files called 1.6.2 Mods and the .json file and I added a mod and it still didn't work! Please help! (And I used to download mods so I know how to but this new way I don't know how to PLEASE HELP!

Register or log in to remove.

#2

taimoor56

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:39 AM

HURRAH, You won't believe this, I just got a FREE $26.58 Minecraft code from http://www.minecraftcode.com

#3

Saliq
    Saliq

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 627 posts
  • Location: Oregon, United States
  • Minecraft: Saliq

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:47 AM

In your new files, you have to open the .json file using notepad. Once open, in the first line of code, there should be some text wrapped in quotes, it should say "1.6.2" Rename that to the same thing you named the folder, in your case it would be 1.6.2 Mods.

These renamed folders are case sensitive so be aware of that.

View Posttaimoor56, on 22 July 2013 - 10:39 AM, said:

HURRAH, You won't believe this, I just got a FREE $26.58 Minecraft code from http://www.minecraftcode.com
You should be ashamed of yourself.

#4

super_powerz
  • Location: A neighboring universe
  • Minecraft: super_powerz

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:47 AM

View Posttaimoor56, on 22 July 2013 - 10:39 AM, said:

HURRAH, You won't believe this, I just got a FREE $26.58 Minecraft code from http://www.minecraftcode.com

don't you think that if he's talking about mods he's already bought minecraft???

quote said:

  Nice pineapple btw
I try my best

#5

zlo120
    zlo120

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:55 AM

Thanks guys :D

View PostSaliq, on 22 July 2013 - 10:47 AM, said:

In your new files, you have to open the .json file using notepad. Once open, in the first line of code, there should be some text wrapped in quotes, it should say "1.6.2" Rename that to the same thing you named the folder, in your case it would be 1.6.2 Mods.

These renamed folders are case sensitive so be aware of that.

You should be ashamed of yourself.
I did

View Postsuper_powerz, on 22 July 2013 - 11:47 AM, said:

don't you think that if he's talking about mods he's already bought minecraft???
I did buy minecraft

#6

Jonerico
  • Location: Puerto Rico
  • Minecraft: Jonerico

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:02 AM

Theres a new way of installing mods thats even more complicated... gotta love that new mod api

#7

zlo120
    zlo120

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:08 AM

View PostJonerico, on 23 July 2013 - 06:02 AM, said:

Theres a new way of installing mods thats even more complicated... gotta love that new mod api
Ok thanks :D

#8

Jonerico
  • Location: Puerto Rico
  • Minecraft: Jonerico

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:13 AM

View Postzlo120, on 23 July 2013 - 06:08 AM, said:

Ok thanks Posted Image

Look up a tutorial it should help :P

#9

zlo120
    zlo120

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:19 AM

View PostJonerico, on 23 July 2013 - 06:13 AM, said:

Look up a tutorial it should help Posted Image
ok