rpg 32x 1.4.2 doku legacy

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

GameslayerX2
  • Minecraft: GameslayerX2

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:57 PM

Posted Image

Currently updated for 1.4.2
All credit goes to doku for his original textures, all of which are from his old, discontinued classic, Doku's RPG
Also special thanks to everyone from the Green City Server: GCS Forums

Keep up to date by following me on twitter: @Valiant_Wolf

Posted Image
Back in the day, I was introduced to the original Doku texture pack by one of my faithful friends. After a while I found out that the original pack wouldn't be updated any more by the owner. I decided to privately modify it by myself for myself, and I have been doing so for all the Minecraft versions to date. A while ago my friend asked me what texture pack I was using if any, and I said that I had modded Doku so that it was up to date. After asking me how many times and for how long, he told me that I should post it on the forums, because someone else might like it too. So here I am, showing off my texture pack to anyone who stumbles accross my thread. I will update it on the same day that Minecraft is, if not on the day after, as I feel committed to making this a great texture pack now. Please do leave some constructive comments here, as I am always open to your new ideas on the forum. I am also aware that there are also other Doku texture packs, probably the most popular is GeruDoku, and in the past I have used some of their textures, but from now onward I promise that all my textures shall be original.

This texture pack is not designed to digress from the original Doku theme, and most of the textures included are from the original pack. My pack however picks up where the original Doku left off (when it was discontinued), and I continue to add updates for the new blocks. I will only tweak the old textures from time to time.

Posted Image
To use this texture pack, you require the latest version of MCPatcher, which you can find here:
Click here to go to the MCPatcher Thread

This texture pack also currently offers custom textures and GUI for:
All of Risugami's Mods
Connected Textures

Mods to be / currently being Textured:
Better than Wolves
SDK's Mods
(Clicking the names will take you to the corresponding thread)

Posted Image
Here are some examples of the texture pack in action, along with the texture pack test track image which all good texture packs should have:
Posted Image
The Texture Pack Test Track
Posted Image
Art Exhibition
Posted Image
In the Throne Room
Posted Image
Wolfjord Guildhall
Posted Image
Wyvern Infestation
Posted Image
Quaint Village Pub
Posted Image
Underwater Wonders
Posted Image
Long Road to Somewhere

Posted Image
Want me to stop rambling and give you the link already? Here's what you're looking for:
Posted Image
(or, if you can spare 5 seconds to show your much appreciated gratitude, the adf.ly link:)
Posted Image

Posted Image
Want to buy me a drink? I'm a bit too young to be honest, but instead you could donate some money to go toward some new hardware for my PC, and I would be really grateful. Anyone who donates anything and provides me with their email address will receive a special edition of GameDoku, and a crown for their Minecraft skin, as a token of my own gratitude.

Awesome people who have donated:
-M. Kis

Posted Image

Posted Image
To install this pack, follow the instructions on the MCPatcher thread:
Click here to go to the MCPatcher Thread
For some features of this pack to work, for example the mod compatibility, you will need to manually install the pack.  To do this, locate your minecraft.jar in %appdata%/.minecraft/bin/, open it in an extractor program, and drag and drop all the files in the texture pack zip into the jar. Your game will now be manually patched. After manual installation, the only way to uninstall the pack is to get a fresh minecraft.jar.

For Stable Versions:Just hit the Options button in the Minecraft launcher and select Force Update. Your Minecraft client will then automatically update itself and start afresh, leaving you to reinstall mods and textures as you please.

For Development Versions: MCPatcher creates backups of your minecraft.jar every time you patch it, suffixed with the version. If you are using a Weekly Release of Minecraft and wish to continue using it instead of the last stable release, then simply delete your minecraft.jar, make a copy of said version's backup and then rename it to "minecraft.jar".

Posted Image
Please support my GameDoku pack with a banner:
Posted Image
[url=http://bit.ly/GameDOKU][img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18770512/Logo.png[/img][/url]

Posted Image
Spoiler:

Posted Image
This texture pack(henceforth "Textures" or "the Texture Pack"), by the terms of http://www.minecraft.net/copyright.jsp is sole property of the Texture Pack author (GameslayerX2, henceforth "Owner" or "The Owner") or other authors by which material is being used with consent. By default it may only be distributed on minecraftforums.net, or other sites The Owner personally posts it on. It may only be mirrored, re-posted,or have parts of it used in other "Texture Packs" or "Mods" with advance written permission of the Owner. Electronic Mail is acceptable if you wait for a response. URL shorteners or other attempts to make money off The Owner's Textures are strictly forbidden without advance written permission.

Posted Image GameDoku by GameslayerX2 (Jayme Green) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License

©2010-12 GameslayerX2

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

newyorkdaily

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:22 PM

+1 Thanks for continuing to update this! will post any bugs if necessary!

Eugenebelinsky

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:34 PM

Best texture pack so far to me. :iapprove:
Posted Image

Prongs12
    Prongs12

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:57 PM

Question is this pack 16x16

teliko
    teliko

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:41 AM

so that now makes 9 doku-themed packs out there?

gamedoku
gerudoku
jadoku
shadoku
doku-clip's
doku dsbremix
doku rewired
heww's doku
eastbear's rpg remake

is this the new simple pack?

Nachodaddy42

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:55 AM

Ignore this...

Medevila

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:04 AM

teliko said:

so that now makes 9 doku-themed packs out there?

gamedoku
gerudoku
jadoku
shadoku
doku-clip's
doku dsbremix
doku rewired
heww's doku
eastbear's rpg remake

is this the new simple pack?

And Doku 16p, and Doku 32x.

Those two and the original Doku's are the only respectable Doku packs...
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

GameslayerX2

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:00 PM

@Medevila
To be honest, I have hardly edited Doku in any way with this texture pack. The only textures I have changed are the ones for the new blocks which were not included in the original Doku before it was discontinued. Surely then this can be classed as one of the respectable Doku packs too, as it is in essence the original but more up-to-date
Posted Image

Prongs12
    Prongs12

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:08 PM

I honestly like your pack. I just used it for a few moments yesterday so I have seen all of the blocks yet. A couple of things I would want edited or question about are:

-is the pack a 32x32?
- make the grass go all the way down the sides of the dirt on grass blocks.
- change lightstone.
- the "metal" blocks ( gold, iron, diamond ). Make them look more blockly and not look the stacks. Lie a smooth surface.

GameslayerX2

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:27 PM

@Prongs12
-Yes, the pack is 32x32, and so it needs MCPatcher
-I've seen this before, and it really is a matter of taste. As I have said in the original post, the original Doku had grass just hanging over the edge of the block, and I hope to preserve the original as much as I can.
-I'll consider changing Glowstone, but after more people ask for the change. I also don't know what to change it to. I have a kind of glowing lattice idea going, kinda like some of the Painterly textures.
-Same as with the Glowstone really. It also has to do with the latest update removing the side textures for the blocks. It also kinda ruins it if they are solid blocks, because if you think about it, you use them for storage and not as much for decoration because you don't ever seem to have enough. With the side textures, they look more like storage crates full of Iron/Gold Ingots or Diamond shards
Posted Image

Prongs12
    Prongs12

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:51 PM

Okay I understand you... Hmmmm....

GameslayerX2

Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:46 PM

Sorry about the Stone Daggers, I've fixed them now. I've also added a changelog, so you can see me working.
Posted Image

GameslayerX2

Posted 10 March 2011 - 04:57 PM

I've now got the pack added to the texture pack/mod central list. I'm also playing around with Glowstone, but nothing seems to look any better than what I already have.
Posted Image

GameslayerX2

Posted 15 March 2011 - 06:32 PM

Okay, this is purely a bump cause nobody including myself has posted in 5 days. And if nobody sees this thread, how are they meant to post in it anyway?
Posted Image

cooldude1128
  • Minecraft: cooldude1128

Posted 15 March 2011 - 07:22 PM

AWESOME!! So this is the yogscast texture pack! I've been looking EVERYWHERE FOR IT!!
THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!  FUCK  YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!
Hey there! I'm a spriter, and a frequent player of Minecraft and Super Hostile. I'm a good builder if I may say so myself, and I like constructions that are symmetrical. They bother my OCD less.

Goat_Pheromones

Posted 15 March 2011 - 07:31 PM

I like the lapis and lapis block they look great. Ill download this and try it out, thanks  :Sheep:

Trapiki
    Trapiki

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • Minecraft: Trapiki

Posted 17 March 2011 - 02:19 AM

You sir, win the internet with this pack. I have missed the original since Doku stopped supporting it. it was one of my favourite packs. I love that you've kept the original instead of substituting other packs into every other block.

So thank you for this. <3

A small point, Weren't there blue flowers and the little green shrub?
Posted Image

I see you're using the alternate glass texture that I vaguely remember seeing.

AloSec
    AloSec

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1300 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 02:56 AM

This looks pretty cool. I WOULD use this but you still use the crappy glass. Use the original glass from the first RPG pack. Then, you will finally be doing doku the right way.  :RFlower:

EDIT: OMG YOU'RE USING JADOKU'S TOOLS! Shame on you! either use vanilla or Gerudoku's! :YFlower:

GameslayerX2

Posted 17 March 2011 - 06:24 PM

@cooldude1228
Loving the response!
@Trapiki
Yes, there were blue flowers and a little green shrub, but I changed them with the dyes update so they would be more recognisable. I mean, since when do you get a red dye from a blue flower, and a yellow one from something with no flower at all. I also used that alternate glass texture because for me (and I'm sure it's the same for many others) it is much easier to see through glass which has nothing in the middle.
@AloSec
I just explained glass in the above paragraph, so I don't really see any point in re-explaining it. About the tools, when I got the original pack, I searched for corresponding tools to go with it. I found the current ones, and I saw that they were approved and made official by doku. I have no way of finding that thread again, for the search function has been removed. Anyway, I am sure that many people like the tools because they go very well with the mod, and I did say in the description that I would refrain from using the GeruDoku textures.

Anyway, thanks to all three of you for posting, and providing me with some stuff to think about. I'm also working on the squid texture, and I've fixed the Dark Grey Paintbrush.
Posted Image

GameslayerX2

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:02 AM

New Artwork!
I've been up for the last two nights designing some new artwork to replace the defaults. I'll listen to your comments and change the images where I need to. I am already thinking of changing some of them, but give me your ideas on my latest masterpieces.
Posted Image