• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

Ipu
    Ipu

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:16 AM

Hello, I have played offline mode with my friend in 1.5 and earlier with the "play offline" button.

I have an premium account but my friend doesn't, but we can play LAN multiplayer with one offline account.

Now the thing is, there is no option to play offline in the new 1.6 launcher as usual. I tried disconnecting from the internet, but no, it still doesn't have the option.    My friend is going to get a premium account so we could play minecraft LAN with one another friend. (That makes 3 players, 2 premium 1 offline) but it's quite useless without the play offline option.

We would love to have a solution without having to buy a third account.

I am sorry if you find this as a spam, but it's really important to us.                                                           (I'm not sure if this is on the right thread but if it isn't it would be nice to move it, please.)

Thank you;
     -Ipu

Register or log in to remove.

LegoShokwave123
  • Location: Petting Schrodinger's cat while sitting on a tesseract.
  • Minecraft: LegoShokwave123

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:47 PM

You have to log in once before you can play offline.
<_<

CraftDad
    CraftDad

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:13 PM

Sorry, logging in once does not help. There is no "offline" option anymore in 1.6.2 launcher and no option to play on local LAN (that I know of).

I bought Minecraft for my kids, and until 1.6 update they had been happily playing together on my local LAN, with one of the kids logged in with my Minecraft account and the rest using offline mode.

Now, for me this is not a missing feature: it is a showstopper. The point of the game for this family is that all the kids (three of them) can play the same local game. I don't care for any Internet servers, since these kids are too young to participate in games other than their own.

I thought that this was a legitimate use for a single Minecraft account.  Was I wrong? Is this going to be fixed? How soon?

I know I could buy an new account for each kid (and force them to use whatever account names there are left instead of their own names), but frankly, then I would feel that Mojang cheated me and I'd rather move on and buy them something else to play.

captain_aqua123

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:07 PM

for me there is a play offline option and i want to know to to get rid of it

Benzor1
    Benzor1

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:08 PM

This is not correct. If you logged in one time and downloaded the game files, and you restarted the launcher with no connection, the option to play offline appear.
I wish people would describe their problems exactly.

Ipu
    Ipu

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:18 PM

View PostBenzor1, on 15 July 2013 - 08:08 PM, said:

This is not correct. If you logged in one time and downloaded the game files, and you restarted the launcher with no connection, the option to play offline appear.
                                  I have tried this once, but I might give it another try soon.

View PostCraftDad, on 15 July 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

Sorry, logging in once does not help. There is no "offline" option anymore in 1.6.2 launcher and no option to play on local LAN (that I know of).

I bought Minecraft for my kids, and until 1.6 update they had been happily playing together on my local LAN, with one of the kids logged in with my Minecraft account and the rest using offline mode.

Now, for me this is not a missing feature: it is a showstopper. The point of the game for this family is that all the kids (three of them) can play the same local game. I don't care for any Internet servers, since these kids are too young to participate in games other than their own.

I thought that this was a legitimate use for a single Minecraft account.  Was I wrong? Is this going to be fixed? How soon?

I know I could buy an new account for each kid (and force them to use whatever account names there are left instead of their own names), but frankly, then I would feel that Mojang cheated me and I'd rather move on and buy them something else to play.
Yeah, that's just sad. Many people have this problem right now.

Winterthur

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:12 PM

View Postcaptain_aqua123, on 15 July 2013 - 08:07 PM, said:

for me there is a play offline option and i want to know to to get rid of it
Get rid of it by logging out and logging back in.

Ipu
    Ipu

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:37 PM

And people I don't want answers as "Disconnect from the internet and open the launcher" I know it gives an option to play offline but it plays offline as my account, and I need to know how to play offline as "player" or something similar. I don't get it why did they have to make a new launcher, the old one was fine.

Hardmuscle
  • Minecraft: Hardmuscle

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:52 PM

I'm having this very same problem with 1.6.2, even after following the instruction over and over, it'll say you are currently logged on with this account (when offline) and have a button that clearly says "Play" but when pressed it says it cannot connect to the damn server ... !!!! because it's off freaking line.. !!!!! stop giving people answers to old versions of this question, this problem is real and so far is a huge pain in the ass.

Also there is no such thing as a Premium Account, you either bought it or you stole it, simple as that. Though for someone with a family of kids using the same machine "offline" , no I don't think each of them should own a copy, that is ridiculous.

And what good would it do if the ones like me who DO OWN A COPY cannot even use the game properly///? .. anymore. -.-=

~if you're not going to try to reproduce the error, before giving a mundane reply, spare us by not saying anything and allowing someone with actual USEFUL information to occupy our time ...  <, , Posted Image
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

masshomic1de

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:54 AM

hey, i've been having the same problem, and everyone gives the same answer of logging off and hasn't worked for me yet, but i figured out if u log in, then before u click play, click "edit profile" and tick the box that says game directory. then it should work :) hope this helps!

p.s. if it works then it should be spread around the forum, i've seen alot of ppl having this problem :)

AphidClone

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:37 PM

Has anyone reported this as a problem to Mojang? My kids and I already have two accounts but we always played as three of us with one of us being 'Player###' but no we can't.

I had found a mod 'LanModForge.zip' but it appears to only be working for 1.5.2, which doesn't need it. If anyone had an updated mod please post.

loudfire87

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:46 PM

Posted ImageWell,I have this problem too and I can only join 1.5.2 servers. i dont have  preniem account, so one time my favorit server turned 1.6, and i cant play. So i joined another 1.5.2 server and i liked it, but once i got banned for 5 years. yes, 5 years then i quit.
Ok, the real thing is, someone please help me or Ipu.
Posted Image

SirPrimalform

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

Yeah, I can't for the life of me work out how to get it to work in offline mode either. This is distressing for me, as when I bought the game it was sold as DRM-free. Without DRM, I don't see how there could be an offline mode to break...

Anyway, I can't currently restore from a backup because the game keeps asking me to log in and complaining it can't reach the server. You don't need to reach the server, I have all the files here on my computer already!

DRM-free my ass.

Extreme_Heat

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:06 PM

In order to play offline, all users' must have bought the game and logged in at least once to gain an "auth token", and downloaded all the resources necessary for playing the game.

Forum Rules - Need live support? Try #minecrafthelp!

If you expect a reply, please quote my posts!

NorthAntrim

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:11 PM

Sorry, we don't provide support for non-premium accounts.

If you want to play offline, you must login the first time using a premium account.

PLEASE "Posted Image" WHEN REPLYING TO ME • USEFUL LINKS AND INFO:

Rules | Support | Minecraft Servers Status | MCF Help | Mojang Support Center

Posted Image