• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

1.6.2 Forge on a Server?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Gramey26

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:39 PM

I have just started a new server for me and a few friends, but minecraftforge 1.6.2's files are so much different than 1.5's. When I add forge to the server, I cant launch it, so we cannot get mods. Is there something obvious that I am missing, or do I have to do something different than drag and drop files?

Register or log in to remove.

zombiepig333
  • Minecraft: zombiepig333

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:07 AM

View PostGramey26, on 14 July 2013 - 11:39 PM, said:

I have just started a new server for me and a few friends, but minecraftforge 1.6.2's files are so much different than 1.5's. When I add forge to the server, I cant launch it, so we cannot get mods. Is there something obvious that I am missing, or do I have to do something different than drag and drop files?

Use the minecraft forge installer for the server (check server in the installer window instead of client), as it makes things much, much easier.
My website that I try and keep updated: http://zombiepig333.com/

jerryz16
    jerryz16

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Minecraft: jerryz16

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:00 AM

View Postzombiepig333, on 15 July 2013 - 12:07 AM, said:

Use the minecraft forge installer for the server (check server in the installer window instead of client), as it makes things much, much easier.
zombiepig333 is right use the forge installer its a jar run it and select server NOT CLIENT!

Gramey26

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:47 PM

When I try to do that, it pops up an error about not being able to download the libraries, and it doesnt do anything. Am I still doing something wrong with that?

Gramey26

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:52 PM

Got it to work and it shows up in my server folder, but when I play on my server it isnt there, and the mods folder didnt appear when I ran the server.

Demonfire94

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:49 AM

I can get the folders to appear on mine but when I place any blocks that are from a mod they just dissapear and none of the mods work. Also, run the universal jar that is installed in your server folder for the folders to appear.
Murasa shall sink thy battleships with danmaku!

zombiepig333
  • Minecraft: zombiepig333

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:24 AM

View PostDemonfire94, on 20 July 2013 - 04:49 AM, said:

I can get the folders to appear on mine but when I place any blocks that are from a mod they just dissapear and none of the mods work. Also, run the universal jar that is installed in your server folder for the folders to appear.

Did you install the mods on just the server, just the client or on both the server and client?

If you just installed them client-side or serverside only, install the mods into the server/client as well.
My website that I try and keep updated: http://zombiepig333.com/

donnde
    donnde

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:12 PM

View Postzombiepig333, on 20 July 2013 - 05:24 AM, said:

Did you install the mods on just the server, just the client or on both the server and client?

If you just installed them client-side or serverside only, install the mods into the server/client as well.

I've installed forge and the mods on both server & client and i still can't use the mods on the server

the_domin8or
  • Minecraft: the_domin8or

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:04 PM

go to this link it will tell you everything sorry im replying to a semi-old topic

Posted Image

Redcat2401
  • Minecraft: Redcat2401
  • Xbox:Redcat2401
  • PSN:Theredcats

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:25 PM

Forge shouldn't be installed on a server, only mods and plug in's.
Posted Image< Click me!

Gir7337
    Gir7337

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:43 PM

This Is just what i'vr been looking for all day thx

Posted Image

tnvols02
  • Location: In my dirt shack, eating the cake I stole from you...
  • Minecraft: tnvols02

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:25 PM

Did you give it a correct path to your server folder? If it can't find it, it can't install anything!
"On the Internet, you can pretty much be whatever you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."

Posted Image