11 replies to this topic

j2o173
    j2o173

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Minecraft: J2o173

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:45 PM

Can anybody make me a l4d texture pack? some ideas for you would be... wooden doors being those breakable doors in l4d, and steel doors being safe room doors.. and maybe the :SSSS: could be a boomer or smoker or somthing that explodes, a  :Zombie: of course would be those l4d zombies,  :D could be a witch or something? the  :Spider: could be a jockey or hunter... a  :Pig: would be bill, a  :Sheep: could be zoey, a cow could be louis, and a chicken could be francis. thanks.

Register or log in to remove.

Bavarious

Posted 02 March 2011 - 06:37 PM

One problem. You can't make skins for something that doesn't exist. So we couldn't make a spider a bill or whatever. because its skin is shaped like a spider. Just skin the humans+ thing.
Posted Image

j2o173
    j2o173

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:20 PM

Bavarious said:

One problem. You can't make skins for something that doesn't exist. So we couldn't make a spider a bill or whatever. because its skin is shaped like a spider. Just skin the humans+ thing.
well, you could give them l4d LIKE skins, it doesnt have to look exact, like the pig can have a bill hat and that would work out i guess

Prohaniann

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:29 AM

I don't think you get it buddy...
You have to obey the physics of the creatures so they have to be the exact same shape as what you see in vanilla minecraft. You cannot put a "hat" on a spider because you cannot add, let's call them, blocks onto a creatures shape. You can only adjust the color of the pixels on the skin of the creatures. Let's call it "drawing." You can only draw on the creatures and blocks as you would draw on a piece of paper.
The best you could do is draw a hat like picture onto the square part of the spiders head.

Bavarious

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:08 PM

j2o173 said:

Bavarious said:

well, you could give them l4d LIKE skins, it doesnt have to look exact, like the pig can have a bill hat and that would work out i guess

Now that I know what you mean, I'll give it a try. sounds fun actually. Billy Piggie
Posted Image

j2o173
    j2o173

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 05:25 PM

Prohaniann said:

I don't think you get it buddy...
You have to obey the physics of the creatures so they have to be the exact same shape as what you see in vanilla minecraft. You cannot put a "hat" on a spider because you cannot add, let's call them, blocks onto a creatures shape. You can only adjust the color of the pixels on the skin of the creatures. Let's call it "drawing." You can only draw on the creatures and blocks as you would draw on a piece of paper.
The best you could do is draw a hat like picture onto the square part of the spiders head.
that is not what i meant, i meant just the TEXTURE not the shape.

aznboidf
    aznboidf

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:27 AM

i hear a mod coming :)
Posted Image

Master7432
  • Minecraft: Master7432

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:30 AM

I see what you did thar with your avatarz!

Idk, I think you'd get ugly results.
Posted Image

ottoguy
    ottoguy

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:09 AM

I can make a texture.
Awesome mods: (or WIP)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

EShredder
  • Minecraft: EShredder

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:24 PM

I don't think it's possible to create good texture packs of the big games out there, because the textures in those games doesn't have any special characteristics, which the mario games, zelda games, etc have. You can't simply look at the sand and tell that it is from l4d.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Jesscookie
  • Minecraft: Jesscookie

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:25 AM

Well, I just made a saferoom door. It looks decent from afar, but looks a little messy up close...
Posted Image
16x16.
It's like a bunch of eighth graders forming a band, but they all end up playing bass.

lilsolja
    lilsolja

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:05 PM

http://www.minecraft...f=1021&t=312229

made by mwaaaaaaaa

:Diamond: enjoy! :Diamond: