Problems with 1.6.2 Magic Launcher and Forge
Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:04 PM
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I blame Dinnerbone.
Time: 7/14/13 4:55 PM
Description: Exception in server tick loop
A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
-- System Details --
Minecraft Version: 1.6.2
Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
Java Version: 1.7.0_09, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 422157144 bytes (402 MB) / 465764352 bytes (444 MB) up to 477233152 bytes (455 MB)
JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xms512m -Xmx512m
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
Suspicious classes: IWrUpdater, Config, WrUpdaterSmooth, ...[cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler, CustomModLoadingErrorDisplayException, GuiWrongMinecraft, ...], [cpw.mods.fml.client.registry.ISimpleBlockRenderingHandler, RenderingRegistry], [cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException, FMLCommonHandler, TickType, ...], [cpw.mods.fml.common.modloader.BaseModProxy], [cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLPacket, ModMissingPacket, EntitySpawnPacket, ...], [cpw.mods.fml.common.registry.EntityRegistration], [cpw.mods.fml.common.toposort.ModSortingException], [cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.Side], [net.minecraftforge.client.ForgeHooksClient, ItemRenderType, IItemRenderer, ...], [net.minecraftforge.client.event.DrawBlockHighlightEvent, RenderWorldLastEvent, TextureStitchEvent, ...], [net.minecraftforge.common.MinecraftForge, ForgeInternalHandler, ForgeHooks, ...], [net.minecraftforge.event.EventBus, IEventListener, ListenerList, ...], [net.minecraftforge.event.entity.EntityEvent], [net.minecraftforge.event.entity.item.ItemEvent, ItemTossEvent], [net.minecraftforge.event.entity.living.LivingEvent, LivingHurtEvent, LivingFallEvent, ...], [net.minecraftforge.event.world.WorldEvent, Load, Unload, ...], [net.minecraftforge.fluids.FluidRegistry, FluidRegisterEvent, Fluid, ...], [reifnsk.minimap.ReiMinimap, WaypointEntity, MinimapException, ...]
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Player Count: 0 / 8; 
Type: Integrated Server (map_client.txt)
Is Modded: Very likely; Jar signature invalidated
Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:14 PM
Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:40 PM
Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:04 AM
Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:34 PM
Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:43 PM
I've run forge with Optifine, in fact a thread somewhere advises putting forge at the top and Optifine at the bottom. No Matter. I too am having MASSIVE probs with magic Launcher and Forge. No Mods folder (yes I made one, no joy) and Mods not working. I'm normally the type who figures stuff out and have never had problems before 1.61 but I am seriously (since day 1.6 came out) fed up of tweaking, reinstalling and tinkering, in fact half an inch from just saying to hell with Minecraft. Yes, I really AM that angry with stuff not working.
Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:31 AM
Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:57 PM
Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:03 PM
Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:00 AM
Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:24 PM
"START here to REBUILD the ENTIRE DIRECTORY-
1. cut/paste '.minecraft' folder to "C:" for backup
2. downloaded Magic Launcher 1.1.7
3. run magic launcher once from the download folder and it will create a new '.minecraft' folder in the %appdata% directory. close program. the ".minecraft" folder now has been re-created and only contains a 'magic' folder. the magic folder is empty.
4. copy the "lastlogin" file from your ".minecraft" folder backup and place it into your new %appdata% '.minecraft' folder. copy minecraft.exe from your ."minecraft" folder backup and place it in your new %appdata% '.minecraft' folder and run it.
5. Force update. your login information will already be filled in. launch the game client Minecraft.exe that came with the force update. not the official launcher.
On my machine the mojang screen hangs and never loads. this is ok. we are just making prgram files. you only need to see the Mojang title screen then force close if it hangs.
-in task manager click 'processes' tab and EndTask the java process thats using about 3-600mb memory.
6. open the 'MineCraft.exe' from the %appdata% folder and download the new official game launcher and replace your game client with it. the new minecraft client file should be about 400kb and the old one your replacing is about 250kb.
7. Run the new 'minecraft.exe' from the %appdata% folder and you will get the console to load up. On my system a loading bar apears at the bottom of the console and takes about a min. I let it load then I loaded the game once.
version 1.6.2 loads up. close program.
8. Run 'magic launcher1.1.7' and click the 'Setup' tab and at the top of the magic launcher under 'envronment' you can now choose to use v1.6.2 MC
9. now click the 'advanced' tab next to the 'Mods' tab and change your memory size from 512mb to 1024mb.
NOTE: unless you know better for yourself, you do not need more then 1024mb memory here unless you use beyond normal view distances or texture packs larger then 128x.
*choose to high a memory size, the game will leg.
*choose to high a memory size, the game will crash.
-recomended sizes for you:
*if you have 3gb ram choose 1024mb
*if you have 4gb ram choose 1024mb-1536mb
*if you have 6gb+ ram choose 2048mb-4096mb
((Now I am going to attempt to install forge/optifine and some mods.))
10. Download Forge
11. Run the minecraftforge-installer-1.6.2-9.10.0.***.jar by clicking on it. (latest version)
choose client install. the directory provided is your default %appdata% .minecraft folder path and does not need to be edited.
12. run the official game client once and choose the forge profile. click on edit profile and change the settings to your liking. leave the 'JVM' box unchecked and launch the game once. close minecraft. forge should have loaded up correctly with 3 mods loaded.
((now we need Optifine- methed uses magic launcher))
No magic launcher? Get it regardless. your going to need it to load mods on a forge profile. you can not edit the forge modified JAR file anymore. Mods have to be loaded externally when using forge.
13. Downloaded OptiFine_1.6.2_HD_U_A1.zip or A2. copy to the 'Magic folder' (or latest version)
14. Run the magic launcher and click on the 'Setup' TAB. under 'Environment' at the top choose the forge environment.
15. Add optifine by clicking on the 'ADD' tab
16. Click on the 'advanced' TAB and in the 'parameters' box type in this-
17. Run the game.
-forge will load up with minecraft showing 3 active mods and optifine A1 or A2 Launched with Magic Launcher
....to add future mods, add forge mods to the mods folder. If the mod does not require forge but wants modloader, you can add it to the magic folder and add it in the magic launcher.
NOTE: A mod added with magic launcher that requires ModLoader will caution you in red lettering "No ModLoader". Ignore this. Forge has a built in mod loader and manages the issue automatically.
(do not put the same mods in both folders)"
Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:22 AM
Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:11 PM
Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:54 PM
Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:10 AM
I have no minecraft.exe in my .minecraft folder
Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:23 PM
I have no minecraft.exe in my .minecraft folder
minecraft.exe is on "minecraft launcher" folder.
Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:43 PM
Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:50 PM
Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:29 AM