• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

pasky13
    pasky13

Carpenter

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:20 AM

I found a video on youtube once that used redstone comparitors and 1 or 2 relays with a sticky piston and showed all the settings for skeletons/spiders/blazes etc... but I can't find it anymore.  I'm looking for a small mob softener that can get skeletons to 1 hit that doesn't use hoppers or an excessive amount of relays.

Anyone got any suggestions or perhaps knows the video I'm talking about?  Thanks.

Register or log in to remove.

Indie_Gorilla
  • Minecraft: Indie_Gorilla

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:42 AM

View Postpasky13, on 14 July 2013 - 12:20 AM, said:

I found a video on youtube once that used redstone comparitors and 1 or 2 relays with a sticky piston and showed all the settings for skeletons/spiders/blazes etc... but I can't find it anymore.  I'm looking for a small mob softener that can get skeletons to 1 hit that doesn't use hoppers or an excessive amount of relays.

Anyone got any suggestions or perhaps knows the video I'm talking about?  Thanks.

I think you're talking about MumboJumbo, he has a softener for pretty much every mob

http://www.youtube.c.../ThatMumboJumbo

Hardmuscle
  • Minecraft: Hardmuscle

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:59 AM

If you're having trouble with mobs not dying after falling when they normally would, it may be because of the 1.6 addition of the float tag value HealF.

As long as the Float tag: HealF is present in the Entity data, Health is ignored even if it's 0, this was discussed earlier in another thread and proven to be the cause.  

http://www.minecraft.../#entry23352125

(so remove HealF or change the value to 0.. before making a spawner out of the mob). Posted Image
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Wafrodude
  • Minecraft: Wafrodude

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:37 AM

I happen to have a video which has exactly what you want (I think):

_syh
    _syh

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:07 PM

Skeletons and Zombies share the same amount of health. Zombies have 2 armor points which is what you're referring to. MumboJumbo addresses this in his tiny mob softener video. In the video he suggests adding a four block drop for the Zombies. By doing what he suggested, I've had zero problems with his design for both Zombies and Skeletons. In other words, fall damage isn't the only correct way to do it, but it is definitely a viable option.

Unfortunately I don't know the video that the OP is asking for but I'm using MumboJumbo's design for a Skeleton/Zombie softener and a Blaze farm and they're all working well for me. I'd highly recommend giving them a watch, even if it isn't what you originally had seen. Posted Image

Andreas90s

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:18 PM

Look on YouTube.com/HFoG

He has a really compact one.

pasky13
    pasky13

Carpenter

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:33 PM

View PostWafrodude, on 14 July 2013 - 10:37 AM, said:

I happen to have a video which has exactly what you want (I think):
[media][media]

This is exactly what I was asking for and the video I saw, thank you!

Wafrodude
  • Minecraft: Wafrodude

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:18 PM

View Postpasky13, on 14 July 2013 - 11:33 PM, said:

This is exactly what I was asking for and the video I saw, thank you!
No problem, mate.

LABHOUSE
  • Minecraft: LABHOUSE

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:36 PM

Squish it piston -> Posted Image/Posted Image/Posted Image/Posted Image/Posted Image/Posted Image/Posted Image/Posted Image Posted Image <- piston.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image