How to make a minecraft 1.6.1/1.6.2 LAN Server
Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:14 PM
If so HOW???????
Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:03 PM
Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:54 PM
My friend and I both have Minecraft 1.6.2 . We also connected to the same WiFi router. Then here's how we do it.
1. I opened Minecraft and selected a single player world. In this case, my world is The Survivor. I already built a home and farms and discovered 3 villages in this world.
2. I pressed Esc to get to the in-game menu and clicked Open to LAN.
3. They will give a screen with Settings for Other Players. Start LAN World.
4. They will give you the port number. Copy that number immediately (It will disappear for about 5 seconds). Here's the one I got:
5. Tell your friend the number. Your friend should go to Multiplayer on the menu.
6. He or she can either Direct Connect then put in the port number or Add server, name the server, and put in your port number. Either way works fine.
7. After joining the server, your friend's character should be in your world you're playing (We had a lot of connection problems in the first place). Your friend will be able to see the structures you built and your own characters. Also keep in mind that the name your friend sees on you in that world is the name you inputted in the game launcher. If you forgot to put a name in the launcher, your friend would probably see your name as "---session". Also, your friend's origin will be the same as yours. You can help your friend find your place once they're in that world.
**NOTE** Port numbers are not constant, they always change whenever you exit to the menu.
Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:06 PM
Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:31 AM
Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:35 PM
Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:19 PM