• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

coolAlias
    coolAlias

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2458 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:08 PM

Sorry if this is common knowledge, but I can't find any information about this on the forums and I'm very new to modding Minecraft. I keep seeing this in Eclipse/Forge:

[WARNING] [Modname] Mod is missing a pack.mcmeta file, things may not work well

Do I need to make one, and if so, how would I go about doing that?

Similarly, I get this:

[SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] The binary patch set is missing. Things are probably about to go very wrong.

Things seem to be working okay from what I can tell; should I worry about this?

Thanks for your help!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

sidben
    sidben

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • Minecraft: sidben

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:07 PM

I'm updating my mod for 1.6.2 and I can say you don't NEED that file.

I don't know if it's recomended to have, but I know that every textures loads fine without it, if you use the right paths.
A small mod to improve your game, but keeping the vanilla flavour. For Minecraft 1.6.2.
Posted Image
Also check out my Redstone Jukebox mod for Minecraft 1.5.2!

skwisgaarr

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

I'm actually having a similar issue. Except I'm actually seeing the negative effects. I'm following a tutorial to make an item but when i test the game the item appears as a black and pink square.

It's giving me the same error messages as the OP. Please help :)
What I If Told You... You That Read Wrong.

Darkhax
    Darkhax

Haxor Moderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 4071 posts
  • Minecraft: darkhax

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

You don't need it. The pack.mcmeta is used by resource packs to provide info on the pack similar to the mcmod.info file for mods. I am not all that familar with why we get that error however it is not needed. I think the reason why we are getting the error is because mods, texturepacks and soundpacks are all sort of becoming the same thing and will probably be treated as the same thing once the minecraft api is finished. I know a few other authors include a pack.mcmeta but it's not required.

View Postskwisgaarr, on 17 October 2013 - 07:48 PM, said:

I'm actually having a similar issue. Except I'm actually seeing the negative effects. I'm following a tutorial to make an item but when i test the game the item appears as a black and pink square.

It's giving me the same error messages as the OP. Please help Posted Image

The error message is completely unrelated to your issue. You get the pink and black because your textures are not set up right.

Posted Image

Mazetar
    Mazetar

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1730 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

I guess that it currently is not an enforced requierment but that it may become one at a later date.
I'd wager that the forge team wants us to use the mcmeta's and has there reasons for doing so, so I guess for mods we plan on releeasing that we may as well spend a few minutes on creating such a file :)

skwisgaarr

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:14 AM

View PostDarkHax, on 17 October 2013 - 10:11 PM, said:

The error message is completely unrelated to your issue. You get the pink and black because your textures are not set up right.
Ok thank you :)
I'm just going to start over. I watched 2 different tutorials and i guess the one i switched to did something different to begin with, so i'll begin again
What I If Told You... You That Read Wrong.

Minefriek

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:29 PM

well its a relief knowing that I did it right. I was worried that I'd missed out on something important while making my mod.