Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Help installing Minecraft Forge for 1.6.2

help minecraft forge mods 1.6.2

  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1

UltraCrafter77

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:14 PM

I have watched multiple tutorials on youtube about how to install Minecraft Forge on 1.6.2,m but when i follow the directions exactly like they did my Minecraft crashes. So im going to right down each step i take and then you tell me what Im doing wrong if you can. Thanks

1) Go to the "Files" tab on the Forge website
2) click the link that says "install" on the "recommended 1.6.2" line
3) Click "keep" in the download bar so that it will download
4) Drag the download to my desktop
5) Double click on the shortcut i made
6) Click on "Install Client"
7) Click "ok'
8) Click "ok" on the new window saying it was installed
9) Go to appdata folder
10) Go to the .minecraft folder
11) Go to the "versions" folder
12) Make a new folder entitled "Modded"
13) Go into the new Minecraft Forge folder inside the "versions" folder
14) Copy and paste the files into the "Modded" folder
15) Rename the .JAR file "Modded"
16) Open the JSON fle using Notepad
17) Rename the ID "Modded"
18) Save and close Notepad
19) Open the new Minecraft Launcher
20) Click on "New Profile"
21) Rename the profile "Modded"
22) Change the version to "release 1.6.2-Forge 9.10.0.784"
23) Click on "Save Profile"
24) Go up to "Profile Selection" pick the one named "Modded"
25) Log in to Minecraft
Then it goes through the loading screen (which takes a REALLY long time for me) after the loading screen come the Mojang screen, the Mojang logo goes away and real quick the main menu for minecraft pops up for about 5 seconds but it does not let me do anything, the it goes away and brings up the Crash Report in the launcher.

I have uninstalled and re-downloaded Forge and followed the same process but no matter what it alway crashes.

So does anyone know what im doing wrong, and can you help? I would really appreciate it, thanks. Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

#2

Killjoy1221
  • Minecraft: killjoy1221

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:17 PM

Stop after step 7.

#3

UltraCrafter77

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

View PostKilljoy1221, on 10 July 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

Stop after step 7.
It didnt have forge on the default profile.
i noticed that after i installed forge there was a new profile called "Forge" i tried running that one and it crashed my minecraft too.

#4

Killjoy1221
  • Minecraft: killjoy1221

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:29 PM

What are your specs?

#5

UltraCrafter77

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:35 PM

View PostKilljoy1221, on 10 July 2013 - 06:29 PM, said:

What are your specs?
I'm running Windows 7 service pack 1
I've got a 64bit OS
My processor is an AMD E=300 APU withRadeon HD graphics and 1.30 GHz
My laptop is an HP 2000 Notebook PC
I have 3.6 GB of RAM available

Is that what you meant by Specs?

#6

CrazyFalcon
  • Location: Behind you... dont look!!!
  • Minecraft: CrazyJuan

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:49 PM

It should be as KillJoy1221 says, i just did it and it worked prefectly.

#7

UltraCrafter77

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

View PostCrazyFalcon, on 10 July 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:

It should be as KillJoy1221 says, i just did it and it worked prefectly.
there must be something wrong with my computer, or it's just too old. i guess I'll just have to try again with each update of Forge that comes out until it works or something.

#8

Flamesonfire22

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:41 PM

when i double click the .jar file, it says it cannot be launched what should i do?

#9

DragonAce7

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:00 AM

Ok i have a differnt problem in the installer i pres ok with install client and it says i have to run 1.6.2 manualy.What does that mean???

#10

ExperiencBar
  • Minecraft: ExperienceBar

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:55 AM

View PostDragonAce7, on 12 July 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

Ok i have a differnt problem in the installer i pres ok with install client and it says i have to run 1.6.2 manualy.What does that mean???
Really. It means exactly what it means. Run 1.6.2 manually...

#11

SastusBulbas

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:23 PM

New to this modding myself, not having any luck.

I installed MC Patcher though, and it seems to have installed Forge ok.

Though I have no idea if it installed correctly. It has to be played offline? It sits under Profile, I now have default or Forge to choose from.

Edit, if your PC could play Minecraft before, I doubt it is affecting your ability to mod.

#12

dragonold103

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:41 PM

The old forge has some problems and They updated and fix the problem.
want a new mod then try Powerful Inventory. If you like you can do a spotlight video of it also I can't of my pc is not good for recording.

#13

dragonold103

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:21 PM

View PostUltraCrafter77, on 10 July 2013 - 06:14 PM, said:

I have watched multiple tutorials on youtube about how to install Minecraft Forge on 1.6.2,m but when i follow the directions exactly like they did my Minecraft crashes. So im going to right down each step i take and then you tell me what Im doing wrong if you can. Thanks

1) Go to the "Files" tab on the Forge website
2) click the link that says "install" on the "recommended 1.6.2" line
3) Click "keep" in the download bar so that it will download
4) Drag the download to my desktop
5) Double click on the shortcut i made
6) Click on "Install Client"
7) Click "ok'
8) Click "ok" on the new window saying it was installed
9) Go to appdata folder
10) Go to the .minecraft folder
11) Go to the "versions" folder
12) Make a new folder entitled "Modded"
13) Go into the new Minecraft Forge folder inside the "versions" folder
14) Copy and paste the files into the "Modded" folder
15) Rename the .JAR file "Modded"
16) Open the JSON fle using Notepad
17) Rename the ID "Modded"
18) Save and close Notepad
19) Open the new Minecraft Launcher
20) Click on "New Profile"
21) Rename the profile "Modded"
22) Change the version to "release 1.6.2-Forge 9.10.0.784"
23) Click on "Save Profile"
24) Go up to "Profile Selection" pick the one named "Modded"
25) Log in to Minecraft
Then it goes through the loading screen (which takes a REALLY long time for me) after the loading screen come the Mojang screen, the Mojang logo goes away and real quick the main menu for minecraft pops up for about 5 seconds but it does not let me do anything, the it goes away and brings up the Crash Report in the launcher.

I have uninstalled and re-downloaded Forge and followed the same process but no matter what it alway crashes.

So does anyone know what im doing wrong, and can you help? I would really appreciate it, thanks. Posted Image

I see your problem the mods folder for forge is in the .minecraft forge makes a folder for you plus you don't need to edit anything in the version folder.
want a new mod then try Powerful Inventory. If you like you can do a spotlight video of it also I can't of my pc is not good for recording.

#14

UltraCrafter77

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

View PostFlamesonfire22, on 10 July 2013 - 10:41 PM, said:

when i double click the .jar file, it says it cannot be launched what should i do?
You need to install 7zip or WINrar and open the .jar archive using one of those programs, it does not matter which you get, both are free, but i prefer 7zip.

#15

ianpj
    ianpj

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:07 PM

i am havong the same problem however i run mac. i downloaded the forge reccomended installer and everything went fine. all the files came up in my minecraft file but when i run the minecraft forge profile minecraft opens than closes before the actual window can open.

#16

petarb123

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:20 AM

I had that same problem, but then i figured out what to do:
After you log in to the forge account and Minecraft window pop out, close the window where you log in and then your Minecraft should load normaly.

Hope this works.

#17

heeelp6
    heeelp6

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:13 AM

View PostUltraCrafter77, on 12 July 2013 - 03:46 PM, said:

You need to install 7zip or WINrar and open the .jar archive using one of those programs, it does not matter which you get, both are free, but i prefer 7zip.
I Have the same problem but i also have WINrar and 7zip the thing is ITS AN INSTALLER therefore it will install on its own. WINrar and 7zip only opens Archives not run Installers unless youknow how to install forge Manually w/o the installer thats okay but if its an installer there is no point in opening the installer w/ 7zip or any archive opener.

#18

Werespazz
  • Minecraft: Werespazz

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:34 PM

After I have double clicked the shortcut I made...nothing happens, any ideas??


Do I have to open it using a specific program?

#19

ntzrmtthihu777
  • Location: ザ・ワイヤード
  • Minecraft: The_NetZ
  • Xbox:Screw microsoft
  • PSN:Broke

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:46 AM

View PostWerespazz, on 21 July 2013 - 11:34 PM, said:

After I have double clicked the shortcut I made...nothing happens, any ideas??


Do I have to open it using a specific program?
No. once you use the forge installer you just use the normal launcher, and it will have a new profile Forge to use, or you can edit your existing profile to use the version 1.6.2Forge9.10.0.xxx

View PostUltraCrafter77, on 10 July 2013 - 08:59 PM, said:

there must be something wrong with my computer, or it's just too old. i guess I'll just have to try again with each update of Forge that comes out until it works or something.
What version of forge are you using? some are bugged, I use 9.10.0.789 and it works wonderfully :P

Phuck_Yu_Too, on 09 July 2013 - 09:16 PM, said:

You managed to decompile and continue without me giving source code? O_O Bro, you are a god. Of course do whatever the phuck you want!!!! Good luck on it :D
CreepyPastaCraft | SecureCraftProtect

#20

TheSpartaGod
  • Location: i'm at the place you're looking at
  • Minecraft: TheSpartaGod

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

View PostUltraCrafter77, on 10 July 2013 - 06:35 PM, said:

I'm running Windows 7 service pack 1
I've got a 64bit OS
My processor is an AMD E=300 APU withRadeon HD graphics and 1.30 GHz
My laptop is an HP 2000 Notebook PC
I have 3.6 GB of RAM available

Is that what you meant by Specs?
HOW ON EART DID YOU RUN SLOW?? i have the same specs but with less ram and my minecraft runs fine on my laptop