Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Why can't we leesh bats?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

bowhunter24
  • Minecraft: moss_for_floss

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

I remember when leads came out.I thought it was the best thing since unsliced bread.And I knew just what mob to use to add extra cool-factor.If someone leeshes bats,they're automaticaly the most unstopable player in a server.I just wondering if others feel the same way.I know it isn't very realistic,but its minecraft.I can't possibly be the only one looking for something like......
Posted Image
Basking in the glory of bat armor.

Register or log in to remove.

will1982
    will1982

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 513 posts
  • Minecraft: will1982

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:14 PM

They're...bats. It seems odd.
I don't think this will be implemented, so:
1. Learn how to code
2. Write a mod
3. You can now leash bats

Fluttershy is best pony.

And yeah, if you didn't know, I'm a jerk.

bowhunter24

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:18 PM

So you don't want to leesh a bat.

TucsonJeff

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:35 PM

I'm not trying to be confrontational here but.... I can't think of a single reason why someone would want to leash a bat. Call me crazy but I'm just sayin'.

Athrena
    Athrena

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Minecraft: Athrena

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:45 PM

View Postbowhunter24, on 10 July 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

So you don't want to leesh a bat.

It's "leash" and it's just darn ridiculous. If I were you, I'd go for batcaves.

Posted Image

For more of my signatures, visit: http://aurasgalleries.wordpress.com

Packerdan
  • Minecraft: Packerdan

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

You can leash squids, and snowmen, those are pretty ridiculous too. I think they should update the leash to be able to attach to Bats, there is really no reason not to.
GENERATION 31: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

SympathyCrime

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:25 PM

Why wouldn't you want to leash a bat? I mean, if you like them, that is. If you want one as a pet, it would be a lot easier to leash one and drag it over to its new cage rather than try to get one to spawn and box it in. I'm similarly annoyed that you can't leash slimes, I was going to drag one up from my farm but now I'll have to find a swamp and lead it back :(

bowhunter24

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:18 PM

The point of leAshing bats is to use them as armor like General Raam,as was implied by the picture.Sorry to those who never played GoW.

TwinBuilder
  • Minecraft: twinbuilder
  • Xbox:Steam: TwinGamer

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:37 PM

...So you're saying you want to "leesh" bats, and the only reason you want to "leesh" these bats is so you can use them as armor? Right...
Don't worry; I'm sure you'll be fine. But eventually, everyone runs out of Time.
~
Check out my first Minecraft story, The Experiment, here!
I am the owner of the forum game Destroy the Godmodder 2. Check it out here!

bowhunter24

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:43 PM

My life has been saved many times by bats.I need them portable.

The_infern0
  • Minecraft: The_infern0

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:07 PM

View PostPackerdan, on 10 July 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

You can leash squids, and snowmen, those are pretty ridiculous too. I think they should update the leash to be able to attach to Bats, there is really no reason not to.
we can leash snowmen???

colorfusion

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:13 PM

I don't think any mobs that despawn can be leashed, but it would be pretty cool to have a whole load of bats tied to a fence in your base.

Packerdan
  • Minecraft: Packerdan

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

View PostThe_infern0, on 12 July 2013 - 05:07 PM, said:

we can leash snowmen???

Yes, Snow Golems are leashable. Any non-hostile mob except bats are able to be leashed. Including tamed mobs, and utility mobs (Ocelots are able to be leashed even though they are Neutral Mobs, other Neutral mobs [Enderman and Zombie Pigmen] are unable to be leashed)

View Postcolorfusion, on 12 July 2013 - 05:13 PM, said:

I don't think any mobs that despawn can be leashed, but it would be pretty cool to have a whole load of bats tied to a fence in your base.

Incorrect, squids and ocelots can both be leashed and both of those mobs will despawn. When said mob despawns the leash drops as an item (Similar to extending a leash too far)
GENERATION 31: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

blackfire853
  • Minecraft: Squire2

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

I would assume because they can fly it would be alot more complex than ground and water mobs to code.
The whitest rose is the one easiestly stained black,this leads to an important question.Why do you have paint near your roses?

bowhunter24

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:07 PM

Bat armor is worth any cost

TheOtherDrew

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:41 PM

I wish I could tether a few bats to a boat to build a dirigible. I would call mine the HMS Flappy-Squeak.

doctordiamonds

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:36 PM

You can't "leesh" a bat, because "leeshes" don't exist.
BOOOOM!
                                                                  I feel like I should have something here. Hello.

Kekilrocks123
  • Minecraft: Kekilrocks123

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:39 PM

I would like to be able to leash bats. FIX UR GAEM NOTCH

View PostValkorus, on 02 September 2013 - 05:26 AM, said:

The 1.7 map looks like Andy Warhol vomited a bag of skittles all over my monitor.  

Pokefan203
  • Minecraft: Pokefan203

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:40 AM

Well, there isn't any reason not to do this, though no reason for it to happen. This should go in suggestions.

View PostPackerdan, on 12 July 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

Yes, Snow Golems are leashable. Any non-hostile mob except bats are able to be leashed. Including tamed mobs, and utility mobs (Ocelots are able to be leashed even though they are Neutral Mobs, other Neutral mobs [Enderman and Zombie Pigmen] are unable to be leashed)

Incorrect, squids and ocelots can both be leashed and both of those mobs will despawn. When said mob despawns the leash drops as an item (Similar to extending a leash too far)
Ocelots aren't neutral. Neutral means becomes aggressive under circumstances, like attacking, and ocelots don't aggro from being attacked. Though wolves do.

Menosi
    Menosi

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Minecraft: Menosi

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:02 AM

I think it would be cool to leash a bat and keep it as a pet. I mean what other uses do they have anyways?