Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Pigs becomming useless?

pigs 1.6 minecraft 1.6

  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1

Frederik4800
  • Minecraft: Frederik4800

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:36 PM

In my opinion, they really made the pig kinda useless over the time..?
It drops porkchop, and are rideable, but you can't control it - and it uses carrots to follow you/breed.

The Cows give the same amount of food, i actually think it occasionally gives more..? And it gives leather too, used for armor, and just needs wheat to follow you/breed which is way easier than getting carrots.

Now when 1.6 update came out, horses can be tamed and are rideable too, and can even be controlled, which is even better than the pig now too.

There's nothing special the pig really can, other than it's hard to get the carrots, to breed them.
The pig should get buffed in some kind of way, really...
If my post helped you, click the Posted Image to help me out too.
Or if you have another reason to do it.

Register or log in to remove.

#2

ToastedTaquitos

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:40 PM

View PostFrederik4800, on 10 July 2013 - 12:36 PM, said:

In my opinion, they really made the pig kinda useless over the time..?
It drops porkchop, and are rideable, but you can't control it - and it uses carrots to follow you/breed.

The Cows give the same amount of food, i actually think it occasionally gives more..? And it gives leather too, used for armor, and just needs wheat to follow you/breed which is way easier than getting carrots.

Now when 1.6 update came out, horses can be tamed and are rideable too, and can even be controlled, which is even better than the pig now too.

There's nothing special the pig really can, other than it's hard to get the carrots, to breed them.
The pig should get buffed in some kind of way, really...
Cows give no more beef then pigs give pork chops.

#3

gyptoega
    gyptoega

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 243 posts
  • Location: Jungle Realm
  • Minecraft: gyptiantiger

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:40 PM

ACtually you can control it if you have a carrot on a stick. It's not useless. It still has it's uses in the game especially I think porkchop is the only food that you can eat without cooking it and cause hunger or food poisioning. Whatever you call it. Furthermore, I mean.... what else can you add to a pig. If they made more option to craft porkskins or stuff to make something, but not much I can think of except pork rines. XD

edit, Furthermore, if you are in a world that don't generate any plains(which horses only exist in and donkeys) Than pigs is still the next best thing.

3 Things to know about me: -I LOVE PLAYING ON PEACEFUL AND PROUD OF IT!

- I SUPPORT MODDED MINECRAFT! - Got a Problem With That! DEAL WITH IT!


#4

TrollinRU
  • Location: Pennsylvania, US
  • Minecraft: TrollinRU
  • Xbox:Johnnboy00

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:41 PM

So your saying you don't like bacon? You're strange Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image

#5

StalePhish
  • Location: New England
  • Minecraft: StalePhish

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:41 PM

Pigs are controllable with carrot on a stick, but certainly not to the extent that horses will be (because pigs can't jump). It really depends on availability for the cow vs pig argument

#6

gyptoega
    gyptoega

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 243 posts
  • Location: Jungle Realm
  • Minecraft: gyptiantiger

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:45 PM

View PostTrollinRU, on 10 July 2013 - 12:41 PM, said:

So your saying you don't like bacon? You're strange Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

actually there are people in real life who don't eat pigs at all. What happens if your ancestor is a pig?

3 Things to know about me: -I LOVE PLAYING ON PEACEFUL AND PROUD OF IT!

- I SUPPORT MODDED MINECRAFT! - Got a Problem With That! DEAL WITH IT!


#7

LordxZero
  • Location: My Fortress Castle Protected by 100 Creepers an 10 ghast
  • Minecraft: LordxZero
  • Xbox:L0RDxZ3RO

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:49 PM

WHAT! Pigs have become useless u say! My good Sir you hate bacon an anything related to bacon.Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

“Just because you don't like something doesn't mean nobody else will, and just because you can't see something, doesn't mean nobody else can.”
― Terry Masters


#8

Sladej34
  • Location: Australia
  • Minecraft: Sladej34

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:51 PM

It would've made sense from the beginning for Porkchops to regenerate more hunger than Steak as cows grant leather too.

#9

ZephosHD
  • Location: Melbourne
  • Minecraft: Z3phosHD

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:51 PM

But if there were no pigs then Minecraft just wouldn't be the same </3

Posted Image

Click the picture to go to my Youtube channel :)


#10

Oshi
    Oshi

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 19 posts
  • Minecraft: ZeroxBrony

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:59 PM

B-but...
They're piggies!
And pigs make great pets, what with their cute little noses.

I think that pigs will be given a new purpose in future updates seeing as how you are kinda right. Even though they're still useful for food they have become somewhat less useful.

~Oshi

#11

Shiftyhead
    Shiftyhead

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 1180 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

I think not. They are cute like horses for me xD
Posted Image
See

#12

Badprenup
    Badprenup

    Retired Staff

  • Retired Staff
  • 10965 posts
  • Minecraft: Badprenup

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:49 PM

As far as game mechanics, they have been useless for a very long time. Cows were superior for the longest time because of the Leather that drops. They tried to make Pigs more useful with the Carrot on a Stick, but that didn't really work, mostly due to the fact that it required 2 items to make, one of them being rare starting off. It also didn't help that controlling Pigs while riding on them has always been lackluster, often being so unresponsive and slow that you go faster by walking. Finally, Mojang added Horses which are harder to find, but way faster and easier to control, as well as being much stronger.

Pigs are cute but they have been pretty useless for a long long time.
Looks like my free time is going to be divided equally between Minecraft suggestions and Starbound suggestions from now on.

#13

Winter_Mage

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:24 PM

They serve niche and practical use still.

*Can be killed/farmed for food when cows are not present ( or when in breeding cool down )

*Can be ridden on as "cheap" ride when horses are not present or they are scarce ( or when you need to breed and you only have two )

*With the ability to fly ( some servers allow this, staff can do this, etc. ) and leads you can have flying pigs Posted Image and people can ride them with a saddle so riding flying pigs Posted Image.

View PostSladej34, on 10 July 2013 - 12:51 PM, said:

It would've made sense from the beginning for Porkchops to regenerate more hunger than Steak as cows grant leather too.

I support that idea.

Posted Image
A double resolution texture pack that stays faithful to the original Minecraft textures.


#14

fghorror3
  • Location: U.S: somewhere in the ender realm
  • Minecraft: redmenacenikolai

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:35 PM

Pigs drop more meat than cows.
Posted Image

#15

RedstoneEmpire
  • Location: Redstones Empire
  • Minecraft: Wildfire003
  • Xbox:None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:20 PM

Not really.

#16

PureOptic
  • Location: Georgia
  • Minecraft: opticness

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:23 PM

I think they make for great decoration animals. Imagine having a farm, and having a little pig pen with 2 or 3 pigs, which could be tied to fence posts here and there. They're probably the most aesthetically pleasing animal, next to horses.
PureOptic - Youtuber, runner, music producer.
Gaming channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/pureoptic/

#17

jon175
    jon175

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:03 AM

Steak needs to become a rare drop, and maybe pork could become a slightly more common drop (2-4 Prokchops).

Posted Image


#18

MrPaulerson

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:06 AM

Pigs will always be useful, sometimes when you're exploring a map you might not see cows or chickens, and pigs are another food option so that always helps.

#19

Darkness_ninja
  • Location: Probably empty space
  • Minecraft: tacoman143

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:11 AM

The pig is boring. Untill you think about bacon. Bacon makes everything better.
Posted Image

#20

StinkySauce
  • Location: Strawberry

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:16 AM

View PostFrederik4800, on 10 July 2013 - 12:36 PM, said:

In my opinion, they really made the pig kinda useless over the time..?

One day your own kids will say the exact same thing about you.
"Give me Shackleton every time."