4 replies to this topic

TWM
    TWM

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:04 PM

Hello Posted Image

I am on creative mode but I cant be bothered to search for a donkey. There is a Horse spawn egg but not a Donkey one. Is spawning in a donkey possible?

Thanks Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Sladej34
  • Minecraft: Sladej34

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:24 PM

I think that they just spawn from the horse eggs, but I might be wrong.

Warpshard
    Warpshard

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1050 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:27 PM

View PostSladej34, on 09 July 2013 - 04:24 PM, said:

I think that they just spawn from the horse eggs, but I might be wrong.
They do. Also, have you tried spawning several horses in different spots? I usually get a donkey after about ten or twenty horses.
Posted Image

batbat
    batbat

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:57 AM

My understanding is that you have a 10% chance of getting a Donkey from a  horse egg.

My question is, do you have the same chance of spawning a Donkey from breeding or do you always end up with either parent or a mix. So far I have no gotten a donkey by breeding but I have also not gotten much variation aside form a mix of the parents.  For example, I had a light brown horse with white sox and a dark brown (almost black) horse. From them I either get a light brown with sox, a dark brown, or a dark brown with sox. But I haven't gotten anything else like the Palomino or white.

Ninja_Lizard_Jay
  • Minecraft: Ninja_Lizard_Jay

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

View Postbatbat, on 10 July 2013 - 01:57 AM, said:

My understanding is that you have a 10% chance of getting a Donkey from a  horse egg.

My question is, do you have the same chance of spawning a Donkey from breeding or do you always end up with either parent or a mix. So far I have no gotten a donkey by breeding but I have also not gotten much variation aside form a mix of the parents.  For example, I had a light brown horse with white sox and a dark brown (almost black) horse. From them I either get a light brown with sox, a dark brown, or a dark brown with sox. But I haven't gotten anything else like the Palomino or white.

You can only get similar coats and ability (like speed and health) attributes from the parents. Finding a herd of horses is rare on its own, but you need to find a herd of donkeys in order to obtain one... which is even more rare.
"Nothing can stop the ender lizard! NOTHI- ooh cookies"