Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:06 PM
1) Navigate to your Minecraft jar file. It is named after the version it's for. To find it, navigate to your minecraft folder, find the versions folder, and select a version that is 1.6.1 or higher or a later 1.6 snapshot.
2) Open the jar file with The Archive Browser (Mac), 7zip (Windows), or something similar. If you want to decompress the jar on OS X, but don't want to download The Archive Browser, make a copy of the JAR file and change the extension to .zip.
3) Navigate to the "assets" folder (it comes right after ass.class and before ast.class)
4) Copy that into a new folder in the Resource Packs folder.
5) Copy the pack.mcmeta (look for it in the jar, it should be easy to find) and an image for your Resource Pack (name it pack.png).
6) In your minecraft folder, find another folder called "assets".
7) Copy its contents into the "minecraft" folder in the "assets" folder in your Resource Pack.
8) That's it! Have fun editing Textures, Texts, and Sounds! Don't forget to change the description in pack.mcmeta! Anything you don't use you can just delete to save space.
When you finish, you may ZIP it if you choose to do so. There is no NEED to ZIP them.
Also, regarding pack.mcmeta, if you aren't including any new languages, just shorten it to this:
"description": "The default look of Minecraft"
Note about 1.7:
Because of the new Multiple Resource Packs feature, it would be of use to the community to divide your Resource Pack into pieces, but don't do it until 1.7.
Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:00 AM
Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:12 AM
Then that's it. There's nothing special you have to do. Just stick it in there, and it should work without any issues.
Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:16 AM
Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:56 PM
Different font: http://static.fjcdn....173_3168546.jpg
(Images' quality is a little bit low but there IS a difference in the font)
Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:42 PM
Make sure the MCMETA files are there. IF it isnt it screws it up and the client wont find it. Also, it may or may not need to be a zip file (cant remember about that)
Forget the past, for it does not contain the power of Today.
Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:23 AM
Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:08 PM
Those languages use different fonts altogether. There's the default font, and then there's the "special" font. They aren't just the same font resized.
Yes they can. Don't spread misinformation like that.
Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:09 AM
Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:21 PM
Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:26 PM
Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:15 AM
It's probably really boring. LOL! =^.^=
Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:13 AM
Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:05 AM
Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:34 PM
It's fine to do in photoshop but is there any issue about the "minecraft step"?