• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

AstraHH
    AstraHH

Carpenter

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:29 AM

can someone tell me how to install mods because minecraft is only fun with mods.

Thank You

Register or log in to remove.

PredatorFish
  • Minecraft: PredatorFish

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:31 PM

Well, what you first are going to do is to install the right modloader or forge version to your minecraft. I recommend minecraft forge. Then you'll want to put the 1.6.2 minecraft version mod in the mods folder which are created during the forge installation. Then you have installed your first mod. You can download minecraft forge several places on the internet.

Hope it helps :-)

legomotionz

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

WHY THE HECK DOES MOJANG HAVE TO SCREW OVER MODDING COMPLETELY FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE A LIFE OUTSIDE OF MINECRAFT?!?!?!?!?!?

Valares
    Valares

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Minecraft: Valares

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

I know how to install Mods for 1.6.1, maybe in 1.6.2 it's the same way... Try it.

For Forge, use the Installer for 1.6.2.

Installing Mods directly onto Minecraft:
  • Start Minecraft with the new launcher, click "Edit Profile", select "Use version: release 1.6.2".
  • Login and press "Play".
  • Close Minecraft and launcher.
  • Open your .minecraft or minecraft folder as usual.
  • Open the folder "versions".
  • Copy the 1.6.2 folder, give the copy a new name.
  • Open the created folder, and rename the two files in it to the folders name.
  • Open the "json" file (that's the smaller one) with a text-editor.
  • There should be a line like <<"id": "1.6.2">>, replace the "1.6.2" with the folders name.
  • Save the file and close it. Open the other file in the folder. Do all installing steps as usual (insert here your mod-files or Forge, delete the folder META-INF, ...).
    • If you installing ModLoader this way, you need to start (see below how to start) Minecraft after that once to create the "mods" folder and download all necessary files...
  • Start Minecraft using the new launcher, edit your profile again, select now by the "Use version: release ..." your renamed folder.
  • Start playing :) .

Please let me know, if it worked! Thank you.
Recycling things into their components with a Recycler is fun and environmentally, isn't it?
"Java is for me the eighth Wonder of the World: It's a wonder if it works and I'm wondering if it doesn't work." -Valares

Tshark9999

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:44 PM

Nevermind, it doesn't work for me. I can't get it to work minecraft forge or any other mods.

Valares
    Valares

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:12 AM

View PostTshark9999, on 20 July 2013 - 02:44 PM, said:

Nevermind, it doesn't work for me. I can't get it to work minecraft forge or any other mods.

As I saw recently, Forge recommends the use of an "Installer" for Minecraft 1.6.2. It looks like they overworked their system completly. May you want to try the Installer instead of the method above?
Recycling things into their components with a Recycler is fun and environmentally, isn't it?
"Java is for me the eighth Wonder of the World: It's a wonder if it works and I'm wondering if it doesn't work." -Valares

HollowFace
  • Minecraft: HollowFace
  • Xbox:HollowFace

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:26 PM

Everyone dont follow the idiot steps up their,follow this steps
1.Delete ur minecraft and reinstall it!
2.Download forge installer,Link can be found here:www.minecraftforge.net/
3.Open the forge installer and select install then press ok
3.Open ur minecraft and select profile then select forge .
4.click save then play.:) enjoy

View PostHollowFace, on 30 July 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

Everyone dont follow those idiot steps up their,follow this steps
1.Delete ur minecraft and reinstall it!
2.Download forge installer,Link can be found here:www.minecraftforge.net/
3.Open the forge installer and select install then press ok
3.Open ur minecraft and select profile then select forge .
4.click save then play.Posted Image enjoy

Posted Image

Valares
    Valares

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:32 PM

View PostHollowFace, on 30 July 2013 - 03:26 PM, said:

Everyone dont follow the idiot steps up their[...]

Yeah, having 2 times a step 3 and making a double post isn't idiotic, is it ;) ?

There are still some Mods out there which don't use Forge - for whatever reason. As you may can tell (unless you didn't read the whole post) was my "idiot" instructions above for exactly those people; and basing on my knowledge about MC 1.6.1. As I've stated right above your post, the way Forge works changed between 1.6.1 and 1.6.2. I've edited my post, so you see the two different ways to install Mods better.

I can't support the install instructions you wrote, as it's missing a really important - although optional - step: Backup before deleting your Minecraft! (By the way, why is it necessary to delete Minecraft?! This step only needs to be done if there are problems with the installing of Forge! Backup may appropriate, though, even if you don't delete your Minecraft.)

And for the next time: Being a little more friendly in your post won't hurt (as wouldn't rereading the written stuff).

HollowFace

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:23 PM

View PostValares, on 30 July 2013 - 04:32 PM, said:

Yeah, having 2 times a step 3 and making a double post isn't idiotic, is it Posted Image ?

There are still some Mods out there which don't use Forge - for whatever reason. As you may can tell (unless you didn't read the whole post) was my "idiot" instructions above for exactly those people; and basing on my knowledge about MC 1.6.1. As I've stated right above your post, the way Forge works changed between 1.6.1 and 1.6.2. I've edited my post, so you see the two different ways to install Mods better.

I can't support the install instructions you wrote, as it's missing a really important - although optional - step: Backup before deleting your Minecraft! (By the way, why is it necessary to delete Minecraft?! This step only needs to be done if there are problems with the installing of Forge! Backup may appropriate, though, even if you don't delete your Minecraft.)

And for the next time: Being a little more friendly in your post won't hurt (as wouldn't rereading the written stuff).
I've make double post because i didn't how to edit posts and i use those not they,if u read the second post

View PostHollowFace, on 30 July 2013 - 06:23 PM, said:

I've make double post because i didn't how to edit posts and i use those not they,if u read the second post
U mad bro?
Posted Image

HollowFace

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:48 PM

View PostValares, on 30 July 2013 - 04:32 PM, said:

Yeah, having 2 times a step 3 and making a double post isn't idiotic, is it Posted Image ?

Hey there,i just wanna say that i'm sorry for calling you idiot.:)
Posted Image

Sniper_Delta_02

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:30 AM

http://www.minecraft...way-allosspics/ Use this, its easy for when you want to add more mods.
Posted Image