• 561 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:52 AM

POPULAR

<< Project: REd >>

<< Official website >>
projectredwiki.com

<< Rules for posting >>
- Be nice.
- Dont re-report bugs, check GitHub first!
- ONLY use the latest version, don't complain about bugs in older versions.
​- Don't ask for or mention ETA.
​- Don't ask for or mention back ports. I will NEVER EVER EVER have more than 1 version out at a time.

<< ETA for next version >>
When its ready, don't ask. The more people that ask, the longer I will wait until releasing it.

<< Mod Spotlight from BevoLJ >>
Spoiler:

<< CB's gate proposal >>
Spoiler:

<< License >>
Spoiler:

<< Mod Pack Permissions >>
As it states in the RPSL, you may use PR in any mod pack, as long as it follows the conditions outlined.  Do NOT PM me about mod packs, i will ignore them. Those are the rules, follow them. READ the license before even considering including this.

There are ONLY 2 circumstances from which PR may be downloaded.
1) legal mod pack.
2) original links from official website.

<< Downloads >>
The download links can be found on the site.
http://projectredwik...Version_archive

Links: (most likely outdated, use link above)

*[http://adf.ly/eniMP ProjectRed-Base]
*[http://adf.ly/eniMS ProjectRed-Integration]
*[http://adf.ly/eniMT ProjectRed-Lighting]
*[http://adf.ly/eniMU ProjectRed-Mechanical]
*[http://adf.ly/eniMX ProjectRed-World]
*[http://adf.ly/eniMQ ProjectRed-Compat]

<< Donations >>
A lot of time and effort has been invested into this mod. If you wish to send us a donation to show your appreciation we'd definitely appreciate it. All donations will be split between the developers.

If you have a feature request that we agree should be included in the mod, a donation can increase the priority of said feature being implemented. If we don't agree said feature request should be included in the mod, you may be able to commision the developers to make it as an add-on.

You can donate through a secure PayPal transaction by clicking the button below.

Posted Image

<< IRC >>
There is an IRC room for this mod.
#ProjectRed

- Credits -
- Eloraam, of course, for the most professional and intuitive mod ever created.
- ChickenBones, for his brilliant library of tools.
- Everyone who contributes, by coding or donations.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Altair357

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:51 AM

Looks really nice. Great work!

xchainblade
  • Minecraft: xChainblade

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:56 AM

You even got the lamps to have the glow. Posted Image
The circle is now complete.

Lfty
    Lfty

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • Minecraft: Lefty

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:01 AM

Why don't you merge with Immibis? Why should we use 131231312 different rp2 replacements? Pls overthink your descision because would you help Immibis, it would be better then having more and more and more and more and more and more replacements :)

Beeeeeeeeeeep :P

MasterArt

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:12 AM

R You gonna Add Frames and tubes 'n' stuff?

asger999
    asger999

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Minecraft: asger999
  • Xbox:Only use's PC

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:33 AM

Wow. This looks really cool!

thatsIch

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:07 AM

First very nice re-make :)
I searched everywhere for a good Lamp remake. You are the first, who introduced the halo back. Just a quick question. Is it possible to give it the "original" halo back?

just for a quick demonstration:
new : http://imgur.com/Gfq4hWE
old: http://puu.sh/3yytt.png

if not, can you tell me how to do it?

Nexey
    Nexey

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:14 AM

I think, it adds a little bit more than Immibis' mods. BUT, it sounds awesome ! Next part, is to add the tube stuff, and all the logics !
EDIT :

Why don't you merge with Immibis? Why should we use 131231312 different rp2 replacements?
Yes, I think you should make that if Immibis is installed, your stuff overwrites his stuff. For example, it overwrites the crafting recipe for wire of the same type, and for the gate !
Posted Image
Science b*tches!

HI17
    HI17

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

really really cool replacement for RP2.. But how about the immibis microblocks and redlogic mod? is it better that it? is this mod compatible with chickenbones' wireless mod? and chickenbones just made his own microblocks mod that is very useful. like it can go to vanilla stuff like levers and torches, is that any better to your mod?

quintine
    quintine

Zombie Killer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 218 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:04 PM

This is based off immibis redlogic mod (As its opensource)
Chickenbones wireless mod isnt compatible with anything except redpower. and is not updated. Chickenbones microblock mod isnt released as yet

Also you might wanna get this little thing fixed up.

Spoiler:

JustHev
    JustHev

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:14 PM

Small typo found in gates -> getting started:
mother should be motor.

And in Etc.
poles should be polls

I really like PR, but tubes were all I wanted :(
And is there mod support for the microblocks?
If you need some help with textures, PM me. I'm up for it.

Cronox
    Cronox

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

So in worldgen I saw you didn't had silver nor nikolite or tungsten, are they already in

Pyrolusite
  • Minecraft: Pyrolosite

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:36 PM

Got an issue here :

Posted Image

EDIT : Whoops, already reported by Quintine.
Posted Image Posted Image

Mr_TJP
    Mr_TJP

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:59 PM

View PostLfty, on 09 July 2013 - 09:01 AM, said:

Why don't you merge with Immibis? Why should we use 131231312 different rp2 replacements? Pls overthink your descision because would you help Immibis, it would be better then having more and more and more and more and more and more replacements Posted Image

Honesty, i would love to work with immibis.  The reason I took this approach was because i wanted a standalone mod that didn't have any core mod associations.  I will implement SOME compatibility, like if you turn the block ID to zero on all the wires and stuff, only the lamps and other things i added will be active.  The problem is immibis wants a simple replacement for RP2, but i want a "clone".  I don't know, we'll see what he says.

View PostMasterArt, on 09 July 2013 - 10:12 AM, said:

R You gonna Add Frames and tubes 'n' stuff?

At the moment, i am considering basic machines such as the deployer.
I am not sure about tubes, and frames is a "no" for now because i wouldn't even know where to begin for something like that.

If i get a good team together on github, it would really help though, but i agree, the tubes were awesome.

View PostBadhard, on 09 July 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

First very nice re-make Posted Image
I searched everywhere for a good Lamp remake. You are the first, who introduced the halo back. Just a quick question. Is it possible to give it the "original" halo back?

just for a quick demonstration:
new : http://imgur.com/Gfq4hWE
old: http://puu.sh/3yytt.png

if not, can you tell me how to do it?

Hmm, im not sure what the difference is.  Is the old ones a little more clear or something?

View PostNexey, on 09 July 2013 - 11:14 AM, said:

I think, it adds a little bit more than Immibis' mods. BUT, it sounds awesome ! Next part, is to add the tube stuff, and all the logics !
EDIT :
Yes, I think you should make that if Immibis is installed, your stuff overwrites his stuff. For example, it overwrites the crafting recipe for wire of the same type, and for the gate !

I am considering a 'compatibility mode', at least until i re-write most of his code, but god, his coding logic is so hard to understand Posted Image

View PostHI17, on 09 July 2013 - 11:54 AM, said:

really really cool replacement for RP2.. But how about the immibis microblocks and redlogic mod? is it better that it? is this mod compatible with chickenbones' wireless mod? and chickenbones just made his own microblocks mod that is very useful. like it can go to vanilla stuff like levers and torches, is that any better to your mod?

This is at its core RedLogic, but with additional features built in and installation in the core mod folder is no longer required.  Every time he introduces a bug fix that i missed, i add it right in.

View Postquintine, on 09 July 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

This is based off immibis redlogic mod (As its opensource)
Chickenbones wireless mod isnt compatible with anything except redpower. and is not updated. Chickenbones microblock mod isnt released as yet

Also you might wanna get this little thing fixed up.

Spoiler:

View PostEmberstorm76, on 09 July 2013 - 12:36 PM, said:

Got an issue here :

Posted Image

EDIT : Whoops, already reported by Quintine.

Posted Image what?? very strange.

Need more details, as this wasn't happening for me, but it might be because our mod.info files are in the same place.
Edit: fixed
Posted Image

JustHev
    JustHev

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:03 PM

You are shipping complete Buildcraft instead of just the API.

Mr_TJP
    Mr_TJP

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:06 PM

View PostJustHev, on 09 July 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

You are shipping complete Buildcraft instead of just the API.

HOLLY CRAP your right, i forgot to refresh the checksum !!

Fix incoming ASAP
Posted Image

Mr_TJP
    Mr_TJP

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:20 PM

Change Log:

v3.0.0.25
- Accidentally included actual buildcraft source instead of just an api. Whoops. Fixed.
Posted Image

bosky2102
  • Minecraft: bosky2102

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:21 PM

How many coders does it take to replace redpower 2? Answer  infinite
Posted Image

JustHev
    JustHev

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:22 PM

View PostMr_TJP, on 09 July 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

HOLLY CRAP your right, i forgot to refresh the checksum !!

Fix incoming ASAP

I just tried this mod in a creative environment. The fact there was a buildcraft tab with all the buildcraft items, no textures and a message begging me in chat to update, gave me a small hint on what the problem was.  Did you already fix the typo's I listed in my previous post?
(it is a motor, spelling immibis is hard and I is always capitalized.)

Small annoyances: You cannot use a strip between already placed RA Wires, Gates (like the randomizer) will stack (place a randomizer on top of an already placed randomizer), you cannot find any microblocks in the creative menu (add one of each kind please), hitboxes on jacketed wire are annoying.

Oh, you are also shipping every bit of NEI. It won't activate though, because PR isn't in coremods.

Mr_TJP
    Mr_TJP

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:41 PM

View PostJustHev, on 09 July 2013 - 01:22 PM, said:

I just tried this mod in a creative environment. The fact there was a buildcraft tab with all the buildcraft items, no textures and a message begging me in chat to update, gave me a small hint on what the problem was.  Did you already fix the typo's I listed in my previous post?
(it is a motor, spelling immibis is hard and I is always capitalized.)

Small annoyances: You cannot use a strip between already placed RA Wires, Gates (like the randomizer) will stack (place a randomizer on top of an already placed randomizer), you cannot find any microblocks in the creative menu (add one of each kind please), hitboxes on jacketed wire are annoying.

Oh, you are also shipping every bit of NEI. It won't activate though, because PR isn't in coremods.

Yea, i indeed got rid of all the extra mods shipping with mine.  

Typos are fixed.  Thanks.

nei was shipping because the md5 wasn't being updated after setup in the build.xml file.  I will update that asap

I am going to make gates require a solid surface to sit on, and i am trying to find a way to place strips in between wires.  Jacketed wire hit boxes may be difficult to fix because of how Immibis had bounding boxes set up. I will make a tab for micro blocks, once i finish the micro block library and the nei plugin for micro block recipes
Posted Image