Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

SPQV: Senatus Populus Que Veii, a Roman Role Playing Clan

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

Scipio5280

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:37 PM

Okay so here are some updates.

With summer ending and college coming up we will be having new elections for clan officials, so that we can elect active members. The clan has not been as active as hoped over these past few days due to the amount of work I have had to do.

@FPslover you got us in a war, and simply leave for a few days of inactivity. You burned a bridge in regards to clans man. not to mention you tried to usurp leadership in what can only be interpreted as a coup. In response to this just know you won't be accepted back into this clan.

As an aside to this our clan is still recruiting. We have need of builders and PVP players. if interested drop an application we will be on most of the night. We will also be talking about venturing onto other servers as a way to expand clan influence. If you would like to take part in the foundations of the SPQV empire drop an application :)

Register or log in to remove.

suder1111

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:58 PM

In Game Name: Suder1111

Where are you from?: Montana, United States of America

Why do you want to join SPQV?: I am interested in helping move forward a clan and its members to a respective creative level and also to help expand my own creativity!

If accepted what sort of Role Play do you want to pursue?: I like the role of just being a non-biased leader that can help with whatever possible problem.

How knowledgeable are you of Ancient Rome? (If you don't think you know enough, please explain how you will learn enough to role play): Well I have taken history classes all the way up and into College. I do know some, but watching Roman movies couldn't hurt!

Have you Role Played before? If so list a few servers/games in which you have done so: Not really, but this is a concept that interests me!

Please put in your own words what power and meta gaming are: I do not know what these are, but I'm open to learn from the pros!

What you expect from your fellow clan members: Devotion and respect of leaders and those leaders orders.

Additional Comments/Questions:

RutyShacklford
  • Minecraft: rutyshacklford

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:06 AM

Scipio its great to see that you applied to TRE then went inactive only to start a knock off of TRE. Good luck sir
We are powerful because we are knowledgeable

spunkymunky97

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:11 AM

View PostRutyShacklford, on 06 August 2013 - 12:06 AM, said:

Scipio its great to see that you applied to TRE then went inactive only to start a knock off of TRE. Good luck sir
No offense sir but you didn't exactly invent the Roman Empire.

maxiepoo2002

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:09 AM

I will offer you peace

[img]http://signaturecraft.us/

[img]http://signaturecraft.us/[img]
3HaX_neon<owner>

need people and co owner

Scipio5280

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:16 PM

@Rustyshacklford I enjoyed your clan for a while, till I realized I would never be able to build anything....on a minecraft server. No offense but not a knock off of your clan, rather I am including aspects you guys seem to have left out. Was going to ask you all and suggest that you get people to build and mine and such, but the fact your suggestions box was a lava pit suggests you didn't care.

@spunkymonkey thanks for the support! Also our clan will be looking into your server to play on if thats alright with you? It looks interesting and something we could get into :)

@maxiepoo2002 thanks maxie I will look into those links :

Also we are still accepting applicants and are still active feel free to apply :)

Scipio5280

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:32 PM

@ Suder welcome to the SPQV :)

spunkymunky97

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:08 PM

View PostScipio5280, on 07 August 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

@spunkymonkey thanks for the support! Also our clan will be looking into your server to play on if thats alright with you? It looks interesting and something we could get into Posted Image

Ah, I was informed you were joining. You're welcome in my opinion. Ironically, you're the fourth Roman themed clan to join. I personally think I should rename the server to "The Roman Empires".

RutyShacklford
  • Minecraft: rutyshacklford

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:36 PM

unfortunately scipio you didn't stick around long enough to see IF we would. anyways good luck in your endeavors
We are powerful because we are knowledgeable

tomthemage

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:19 AM

In Game Name:tomthemage

Where are you from?: G'day mate, Im from Australia. Can I grab you a coldie out of the fridge mate?

Why do you want to join SPQV?: I would love to join the SPQV because I have a vast amount of knowledge of the Roman Empire and I want to meet people who share the same interests. I used to play on a historical RP server called Romecraft and I can show you some ideas we implemented into the server. It was heavy RP and you could be banned for meta and powergaming.

If accepted what sort of Role Play do you want to pursue?: I would most likely join the Legion and work my way up the ranks. I would also like to become a politician and lead Veii to success. I would be the son of a wealthy merchant who bought me a commision in the Legion because the Punic Wars (wars between Rome and Carthage) were beginning and troops were desparately needed.

How knowledgeable are you of Ancient Rome? (If you don't think you know enough, please explain how you will learn enough to role play) I have passion for Roman history and am a walking encyclopedia on Roman history. I more specifically delve into Rome's long and arduous military history and look at tactics,ranks,banners and weaponry. I would like to study History at university after I finish high school and hopefully do a Doctorate in History so I can become a Professor Of History. History excites me because once you delve in deep enough you develop a thirst for knowledge and you become more inquisitive.

Have you Role Played before? If so list a few servers/games in which you have done so: I have played on the RomeCraft Server and a few Fallout RP servers such as FallCraft:New Vegas and MafiaCraft. I thoroughly enjoy roleplay servers because you can let your imagination go wild and enjoy yourself.

Please put in your own words what power and meta gaming are:

Powergaming=An unfair advantage in roleplay e.g. stealing something from a house when you lack the materials required.

Metagaming=Using OOC information to reveal a charcter's identity e.g. knowing a guy is called Mr Smith without actually meeting him.

What you expect from your fellow clan members: I expect my fellow clan members to treat me with dignity and respect.

Additional Comments/Questions: N/A

Posted Image

DuckmanMicrosoft

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:01 PM

In Game Name: NormanMammans
Where are you from?: England
Why do you want to join SPQV?: I like you have a passion for roman history and minecraft so i would love to join the spqv
If accepted what sort of Role Play do you want to pursue?: I would role play as a roman who has had their father killed in a war with an enemy and has sworn vengence
How knowledgeable are you of Ancient Rome? (If you don't think you know enough, please explain how you will learn enough to role play) I am very knowlegable i play a lot of Rome Total War and i study Ancient Rome and Latin at school i also study ancient battle tactics
Have you Role Played before? If so list a few servers/games in which you have done so: None unforutunatley there arent many out there
Please put in your own words what power and meta gaming are: Power Gaming: Where you give yourself unlimited  unnatural powers ie like instakilling people. Meta Gaming: Where you have knowledge beyond your role playing characters knowledge like a roman knowing about a computer
What you expect from your fellow clan members: That they will keep the the role playing experience
Additional Comments/Questions: I would really like to  be the Legatus Legionis as i am have a very complete knowledge on ancient battle tactics and structure of the roman army which would suite this job perfectly.

wagonmastergeneral

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:34 PM

Scip I have been inactive for a bit but I shall be back on Sunday. Hope to see you there! You might update me with what is going on as well. When are the elections, how are we doing with the legion etc.

DuckmanMicrosoft

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:48 AM

Can someone read my application!

DuckmanMicrosoft

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:51 AM

Why do you want to join SPQV?: I like you have a passion for roman history and minecraft so i would love to join the spqv
If accepted what sort of Role Play do you want to pursue?: I would role play as a roman who has had their father killed in a war with an enemy and has sworn vengence
How knowledgeable are you of Ancient Rome? (If you don't think you know enough, please explain how you will learn enough to role play) I am very knowlegable i play a lot of Rome Total War and i study Ancient Rome and Latin at school i also study ancient battle tactics
Have you Role Played before? If so list a few servers/games in which you have done so: None unforutunatley there arent many out there
Please put in your own words what power and meta gaming are: Power Gaming: Where you give yourself unlimited  unnatural powers ie like instakilling people. Meta Gaming: Where you have knowledge beyond your role playing characters knowledge like a roman knowing about a computer
What you expect from your fellow clan members: That they will keep the the role playing experience
Additional Comments/Questions: I would really like to  be the Legatus Legionis as i am have a very complete knowledge on ancient battle tactics and structure of the roman army which would suite this job perfectly.

PLEASE READ

DuckmanMicrosoft

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:51 PM

PLEASE READ

Scipio5280

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:14 AM

Hey Duckman sorry for the wait. You have been approved and I am PMing the server ip to you :)

@ Tom I was under the impression you already applied and were already accepted? hahaha but application accepted again PM me if you need the IP

wagonmastergeneral

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:37 PM

Still accepting apps so we are Posted Image

Update: As Aedile my job is to do the forum stuff so here I am. The ownership of Veii has been passed to Explosiv Diarrhea for a bit.

We have many, many new buildings.

The warehouse

The Scriptorium (Libary)

Insula (Flats/apartments)

and a few more. The baths are currently a work in progress but we are getting more buildings every week so do not think us inactive.

Oh and we are still recruiting Posted Image

Please could people attempt to RP although there is no local chat on the server there is party chat and that can be used instead. It is however not forced and if the player should not want to do it it is fine.

wagonmastergeneral

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:52 PM

Veii I have a proposal, we could go on another server.

http://www.minecraft...ence-beta-open/

many other clans are on this server, and it would fit our clan nicely.

XxBraskaxX

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:07 PM

In Game Name:  XxBraskaxX

Where are you from?: South Georgia, USA

Why do you want to join SPQV?:  I want to join SPQV for multiple reasons.  First, I am just as intrigued about Roman History as the next history buff.  Their heritage is rich and beautiful.

If accepted what sort of Role Play do you want to pursue?:  A lowly man, haunted by a dark past that destroyed his family, with a desire to succeed to prove that he is truly worthy.

How knowledgeable are you of Ancient Rome? (If you don't think you know enough, please explain how you will learn enough to role play)  I am not a "genius" about Ancient Rome.  I want to learn to Role Play it through interaction with a clan like this.

Have you Role Played before? If so list a few servers/games in which you have done so: I have never truly "Role Played"  There have been times where there was minor Role Play in some servers, but nothing 100% Role Play.  Again, I want to learn and enjoy the experience, which is my reason for applying to this clan.

Please put in your own words what power and meta gaming are:  Power Gaming is having non-natural abilities, i.e. 1 shot killing with bare hands, able to shoot fireballs 100000 blocks away, etc...  Meta Gaming is going beyond the roleplay, Like being a captain of a ship with knowledge of air to air combat.

What you expect from your fellow clan members:  The only thing I expect, and this is from experience, is acknowledgement.  I want to be able to ask a question, and there be a response, even if it is "no" or "I am unable to help with that at this time" and not just lose the question through chat and eventually never be answered.  I have left clans very quickly for this problem.  Acknowledgement is a sign that clanmates are paying attention to ALL members, not a select group that tends to be together.

Additional Comments/Questions:  As per the rules, SPQV

Scipio5280

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:59 AM

Hey everyone just wanted to fill everyone in.

Wagonmastergeneral is our Aedile and in charge of clan activities and this forum. So any approved application by him is legit.

He also has said that I can get on for a while which is true. My computer I take to college will no longer run minecraft. As such Explosiv is the new mayor for Veii and will watch the town.

In response to visiting other servers I encourage it especially a role playing one. Talk to wagon with questions regarding this other server.

@Braska welcome to the clan! As mentioned I dont have the Ip on me due to internet problems. Please talk to wagon master for all the ips and to set up a tour/house in Veii :)