This mod adds new spawn eggs to the game. These spawn eggs can contain NBT data which will be used to modify the spawn egg's properties/entity information. By default, the mod duplicates the vanilla spawn eggs and adds special mobs like Powered Creepers, Wither Skeletons, Villager Zombies, etc.
For map makers, you have a lot of choices. You can use the pre-defined spawn eggs by simply changing the item damage - no need to even add other NBT tags. However, if you want a custom mob, you can modify the NBT tags on ANY of the mod's spawn eggs, although modifying the "Custom" egg (damage=0) is recommended. For more information, please visit the GitHub page.
- Better Spawn Eggs v18.104.22.168
- Better Spawn Eggs v22.214.171.124
- Better Spawn Eggs v126.96.36.199
- Better Spawn Eggs v188.8.131.52 (initial release)
- Download the Forge installer
- If desired, backup your saves.
- Run the Forge installer
- Paste the BetterSpawnEggs zip file into your mods folder.
- In order to play the Forge version, you need to change your profile on the new minecraft launcher to the "Forge" one