Pigman Villager Nether Villages

new mob old idea minecraft 1.6-1.7 notch ghost8909 nether pigman villagers

• Please log in to reply
422 replies to this topic

Ghost8909
  • Minecraft: Ghost8909

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:06 AM

POPULAR

Fore-note: I'm a little surprised you guys are voting for just Nether Brick. I think it looks bland and boring. To be honest, I'm a little disappointed that you'd prefer it.

So, I was watching some YouTube, and I saw a GameChap and Bertie video on Zombie Pigmen babies:
It got me thinking: They added zombie babies when they added villager babies, so the villager babies could be zombified too. I started to think how Notch used to say that he wanted to add Pigmen to the game since forever, and then after Beta 1.8, he was talking about Pigmen Villagers. It'd be cool if they added villages in the Nether, with Pigmen Villagers inhabiting them. So, I took some time, and made myself a resource pack that added a couple items:
  • Netherrack Stairs
  • Netherrack Fence
  • Netherrack Slabs
  • Hell Wheat
  • Pigmen Villagers
  • Gold Doors
  • Gold Anvils
  • Nether Chests
  • Nether Furnaces
I used all those to build a village in the Nether. Here are my screenshots:

Posted Image

Built next to a lava ocean. Thought it'd look cool.

Posted Image

The Library, build precariously out over the lava ocean.

Posted Image

The Blacksmith. I used Glowstone where Logs and Cobblestone pillars usually were. There's my Gold Anvil and Nether Furnace. I'll get to those in a bit.

Posted Image

Blacksmith's loot chest. I figured that Gold and Quartz are the only things you can really get here, so that's what would spawn in here.

Posted Image

The two types of small houses. I also used Nether Brick where Logs were used, in some places. Netherrack is the most used building material, due to it's abundance to the Villagers.

Posted Image

This is the Church. Though made of hell rock, the Pigmen villagers know Notch as their one true God. This is one of the Pigmen as well. He wanted to say "Oink" (That means "Hi" in Pigmen tongue.)

Posted Image

This is a custom structure. It is the Alchemist. I figured that if Netherwart came from the Nether, why not have people, or Pigmen, who know how to use it?

Posted Image

This is the interior. A couple of brewing stands for potion making, and a chest with random generated loot like the blacksmith.

Posted Image

Inside said chest, with said loot. I put things like various random potions, and brewable items. I threw a few gold nuggets in there as well, because they can be mixed with a melon to make another brewable item.

Posted Image

Here is the Villager Pigman. Making this texture was rather easy, but the Villager head made it look kinda funny. Either way, I think it looks alright. Also, if this was used, it would be great if Pig Snouts were added to their faces.

Posted Image

Since Zombie Pigmen don't drop cooked pork chops, and eating them would be cannibalism anyways, for the Pigmen, I thought they'd need something to grow, and eat. This is Hell Wheat. It grows on tilled Soul Sand, which can only be tilled  by a Gold Hoe. The Tilled Soul Sand will have it's regular texture until it is "wet" from the lava,  where it will appear lava streaked like in the image. Hell Wheat seeds can be obtained in Nether Fortress chests, or from Pigman Villagers or their Farms.

Additional idea by: SkarmorySilver

"... and maybe you could get fire resistance from eating Hell Wheat Bread as well!"

This, I really like. I would imagine it to be a blackened bread, but not burned. Like, just the corruptness and evil of the Hell Wheat, made it's black as night. And this could be where the Pigman Villagers get their fire resistance from, and in turn, the Zombie Pigmen as well, because they had it before they became zombies.

Edit: Some viewers of this post feel that fire resistance from the bread would make Golden Apples and Fire Resistance potions pointless. I agree. SkarmorySilver, as much as I love this idea, it's an optional thing that will most likely not find itself in the game.

Pictures for the idea:
Spoiler:

Posted Image

These are Nether Furnaces. They can be either found here, or crafted by the player (If Jeb decides so.)

Posted Image

The crafting recipe, assuming it is used.

Posted Image

Because Wooden Chests in a place where there is no wood makes no sense. The latch on the front is made from Quartz. It is made with three Netherrack across the top, and Nether Brick along the bottom, and sides, shown below.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Golden anvil. Acts just like a regular anvil, and would be crafted the same, but with Gold, I guess. That, or it can only be found here. I have the the Doors and Anvil made of Gold, because there is no Wood or Iron to make them out of down here.

Additional idea by: CornOnTheCob3000

"The gold anvils should be weaker than iron ones."

From this, I would assume Corn meant that they would have less uses than an Iron Anvil. Makes sense. And I like this.

Posted Image

showing this image again, to show the Gold Doors. Gold doors would be crafted like Iron doors, but use Gold Ingots (of course.) They would have the same durability as an Iron Door, but could be opened and shut with right click.

Posted Image

This would make obtaining Netherwart easier, and would make it possible for the Alchemist to acquire it as well. Next to it are a couple of Pigman Villagers talking about stuff.

Posted Image

Here are some Netherrack Fence. I re-textured Oak Wood for this. It also gave me Netherrack Stairs shown in the next image. These blocks would be required for the villages to be made. It would also make a few more blocks for players to work with.

Posted Image

This is the roof of the Library. I use the re-textured Oak Stairs I mentioned before for this. Unfortunately, there is no paper in hell, so I don't know what the books would be made from. Actually. I don't have any book cases in the Library because of this.

Posted Image

The Village roads always go over hills, and sometimes they become too steep to walk up. I figured that the Villagers weren't THAT stupid, and that they'd be capable of making tunnels.

Posted Image

Another example of a tunnel made by the Villagers.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lastly, for my images at least, I also figured, since there are no Emeralds in the Nether, why not have them use Quartz as currency. I re-textured the Emerald to get the shown image.

One of you said you thought the Gold Door was too bright. Thing is, it's made from the Gold Block texture.

Spoiler:

Someone suggested I use Quartz in the houses. Here are a few images with that in mind:
Spoiler:

Additional idea by: Me :3

I know Lava Boats have been suggested a hundred times. But this is a Nether Update thread, and I think it would be appropriate.

Spoiler:

For those who thought that my custom items should not be used, and that just Nether Brick would look better, here are some screenshots showing the village as you would prefer it. In my opinion, it looks better in the ones above:
Spoiler:

You guys were suggesting they have a Nether Portal. I figured, why would they have a working one? Maybe a Ghast broke it:
Spoiler:

The Zombie Pigmen are immune to Fire and Lava. It would only make sense if the Pigmen Villagers were also Immune. Speaking of the Zombie Pigmen, them being the Zombies of the Nether, they would attack the Pigman Villages like Zombies attack Testificate Villages. There would be all 6 village roles, and then a 7th for the Alchemist, but I only made the Farmer texture to show. They would be wearing their respective robes, and the Alchemist wearing red most likely.

Spoiler:

If you have any other suggestions, I would be glad to hear them, but the above is all I got for now. I'll edit this if I come up with anything else. Thank you for reading, and share this if you like. The general idea isn't a new one, but I put my own spin on it and expanded it. Also, if someone could explain to me a good way to make a download link, I could share my Resource Pack and the World as well.

Additional idea by: Sunjidoku
If you throw a potion of weakness at a Zombie Pigman and feed it with a golden carrot, he´ll get cured and converted to a pigman villager.
(Same as curing Zombie Villagers, but carrot instead of apple since pigs like carrots)

Additional idea by: AronShark

"Randomly, next to lava, there could be Hell Canes." I would assume this would be used to make paper, and then books, which would be crafted with Nether Brick to make Nether Bookshelf. But I had a hard time with textures, so I was only able to get Nether Reeds.

Spoiler:

Additional ideas by: Arsnicthegreat and many others

"Now, i have an idea- It Is a golden /gilded/gilden golem. Yes, it's basically a gold iron golem... "

I liked this and added it as an optional part of the post. However, Arsnicthegreat, you also said: " ...but maybe to spruce it up it's be more humanoid? So, like a gold player type thingy? Because the Zombie Pigmen would attack them, they'd be just or more vulnerable than regular villagers!"

I didn't know what else to re-texture, but that's kind of cool too. Maybe, for that, it would require the same block recipe as a snow golem, but with Gold Blocks. Lastly, you said:

"Also, where do the Pigmen get gold in the first place? I think it's time they added an ore in the nether- gold! It make sense!"

So, with the optional part of the post, I added Gold Ore.

Add-on idea by: TheChocolateCheez

"One thing I have to say is that instead of random gold ores around, it should be like quartz where the gold is inside netherrack and you can find it frequently. Granted, it will produce gold nuggets when smelting, but still an easy way to get gold Posted Image"

I like that. It would add the ore, but make it not as influential as overworld Gold Ore. Also, it would explain why Pigman Zombies have nuggets instead of bars.

Spoiler:

Can someone make a banner out of this for me, for a second one?
Posted Image

Banner:
Posted Image
Post this as your signature, and the URL below it.

Example: My signature below.

Register or log in to remove.

Qoseph
    Qoseph

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Minecraft: Qoseph

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:13 AM

That pigman in robes looks really goofy.
Besides that, this would be a sweet way to finally implement pigmen, and add more nether content at the same time.
I support

View Postmindmatter022197, on 12 May 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

Ps: ignore my profile pic, it keeps changing itself into a pic of the girl from the exorcist

Spinosaurus4
  • Minecraft: Spinosaurus4
  • Xbox:sucks
  • PSN:termite-king9

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:31 AM

This is the best suggestion on the entire forums, make a banner.

Mr_EyeSpyPie
  • Minecraft: Sammy123hehe

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:42 AM

A spark of creativity, this really puts your mind to the limit...
Who would of ever thought of villager pigman....
True piece of mind, though I couldn't really see
Villager pigmen being accepted in an update,

Rather a very popular mod.

FoundOdyssey
  • Minecraft: foundodyssey

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:48 AM

Support the idea! Tho I really don't like the nether texture O.o but nether bricks awesome.
Who wouldn't want a solid gold anvil!
Posted Image

DarkZeerel

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:53 AM

Don't use the Netherack texture, I'm sorry but it looks awful. Just use straight Nether Bricks. Other than that its a great idea.

4HeadTiger
  • Minecraft: 4HeadTiger

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:04 AM

There are a few things that would need to be patched up and balanced here and there, but overall I like the idea.

Posted Image
I believe in the Invisible Pink Unicorn, bless her Invisible Pinkness.

Pyrollamasteak

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:44 AM

Great textures, but maybe they could use normal chests and furnaces, for the sanity of the Devs. I am only 51% agreeing with you. But if the pigmen are not zombies, then what zombifys them in the nether, and turns them into zombie pigmen? Then they will add zombies to the nether and then sooner or later creeper, from then on only the end is safe.

Ghost8909

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:24 AM

View PostPyrollamasteak, on 07 July 2013 - 08:44 AM, said:

Great textures, but maybe they could use normal chests and furnaces, for the sanity of the Devs. I am only 51% agreeing with you. But if the pigmen are not zombies, then what zombifys them in the nether, and turns them into zombie pigmen? Then they will add zombies to the nether and then sooner or later creeper, from then on only the end is safe.
The Zombie Pigmen are the zombies...? What I'm saying is, Zombie Pigmen are like Zombies in the over world. Pigman villagers are like Villagers in the over world. The Zombie Pigmen run in and turn the Pigmen Villagers into Zombie Pigmen. And I had the custom furnaces and chests, because there is no stone or wood in the Nether.

View PostSpinosaurus4, on 07 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

I honestly have no idea how.

Sunjidoku

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:50 AM

I like this idea.
Nether Villages would also be a good reason to explore the Nether a bit more.
But I wouln´t implemtent to many new blocks at one. You can use Nether Warts instead of Nether Wheat,
and since normal chests can be found on Nether Strongholds since 1.6 you don´t need particular Nether Chests.
A problem is that it would be very hard to create this as a natural strucure properly.
Normal villages are only in deserts and plains, because it´s much easier to generate villages on flat terrain.
But I support this idea. The pigman texture looks awesome.Posted Image

An additional idea:
If you throw a potion of weakness at a Zombie Pigman and feed it with a golden carrot, he´ll get cured and converted to a pigman villager.
(Same as curing Zombie Villagers, but carrot instead of apple since pigs like carrots)

Woodruff
    Woodruff

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 934 posts
  • Minecraft: W00DRUFF

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:54 AM

Search?

on topic, I always support the topic of nether villages and nice pics

Posted Image

Ghost8909

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

View PostSunjidoku, on 07 July 2013 - 10:50 AM, said:

I like this idea.
Nether Villages would also be a good reason to explore the Nether a bit more.
But I wouln´t implemtent to many new blocks at one. You can use Nether Warts instead of Nether Wheat,
and since normal chests can be found on Nether Strongholds since 1.6 you don´t need particular Nether Chests.
A problem is that it would be very hard to create this as a natural strucure properly.
Normal villages are only in deserts and plains, because it´s much easier to generate villages on flat terrain.
But I support this idea. The pigman texture looks awesome.Posted Image

An additional idea:

I really like that curing the Zombie Pigman idea. Like, a lot. But the thing with the chests is, and I was talking about this when they added them into the Nether, is that there isn't any wood in the Nether. There is no way for a wooden chest to be made. Villagers have access to wood in the over world. And stone. and the sandstone villages are made from sandstone due to the abundance of sand. This village is made from Netherrack, Nether Brick, and Gold, because of it's abundance. Now, I know there is no way for the player to get Gold without killing Zombie Pigmen, but they got if from SOMEWHERE, didn't they? Also, I needed a material for a metal, and it was all I could use.

ice000breaker

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:11 PM

excelent, but no golden anvils and no nether wheat and buildings should be different from normal villages

Posted Image

please support these skins if you like dota 2 :)

Ghost8909

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

View Postice000breaker, on 07 July 2013 - 07:11 PM, said:

excelent, but no golden anvils and no nether wheat and buildings should be different from normal villages
So, you're saying for them to use materials unavailable to them for doors and anvils, and to eat foods they don't know exist? Also, I like the Village buildings. Why change them? I'm not hating. I'm just stating.

Edit: the thing is, about the wheat and gold stuff, if this is used, they will most likely use vanilla stuff even though it makes no sense. Like, they'll add the the Pigman villagers, and then use blocks already available. but even if they did, it'd be cool enough. Following my idea to the dot would only make it cooler, and more atheistically pleasing due to logical thinking.

Ghost8909

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

View PostSpinosaurus4, on 07 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

I actually don't know how. It would be nice if you could explain that to me, or link me to a way to do so.

SkarmorySilver
  • Minecraft: Geosternbergia

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:36 PM

View PostGhost8909, on 07 July 2013 - 07:47 PM, said:

I actually don't know how. It would be nice if you could explain that to me, or link me to a way to do so.

I'll just leave this here lol:

Posted Image

I cropped the picture using MS Paint, and added in the speech bubble and text with Photoshop. Had to use my Tumblr to upload the banner, though, we don't have a means of uploading images directly to the forums yet ^^;

On topic, this has to be the most detailed pigman suggestion thread I've seen yet, and it's certainly much better than most of the "OMG PIGMEN" posts I've seen previously. The one thing I'd change is for the pigmen to have Notch's pigman model, but otherwise, those pics are fantastic!
Regarding the debate about the additional custom-created blocks, I have mixed feelings about this, but at least you get butter ingots for trying lol. The point I'm making here is that not all of the new blocks may be necessary - regular Chests can now be found in Nether Fortresses, for example, and you could just use Netherbrick fences wherever regular wooden fences would be in an Overworld village. But on the other hand, consider that hay bales were added specifically to cater to the horses in 1.6, so it shouldn't be too much of a stretch to add in additional Nether blocks for the pigmen's sake. It also makes more sense that they'd probably have to make do with what they already have in the Nether instead of just importing stuff from the Overworld without explanation. Gold doors are a nice touch, in that they could be midway in terms of strength between iron and wooden doors, but my personal favorite's the Hell Wheat. I mean, think about it - it's a means of getting food in the Nether without having to go back to the Overworld, and maybe you could get fire resistance from eating Hell Wheat Bread as well! And of course a farm for Nether Warts and Golden Carrots (or even regular carrots) is pretty much necessary Posted Image

Support overall Posted Image
Proud to be a Minecraftian, troper, brony, creature designer, artist, writer, and more!

Bumber
    Bumber

Portal Expert

• Members
  • 5000 posts
  • Location: Loafing around like bread and growing binary trees.
  • Minecraft: rwilliams1990

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:17 PM

I'm gonna say yes to the idea of pigman villages, but no to all these new items.

The netherrack related blocks all look horribly ugly; just use netherbrick. Golden doors and anvils seem excessive, as does hell wheat. There's not really anything in the nether for the furnaces to smelt.

Doors could be made of netherbrick. Anvils aren't necessary (villages used to use a double slab before anvils were added don't even have anvils; pig villages could use a netherbrick block or something.) Pigmen could grow mushrooms as crops. Nether fortresses already make use regular chests (although I wouldn't be opposed to a new netherbrick chest to replace them in the nether.)

I personally feel they should use the various denominations of gold (nuggets, ingots, blocks) as currency, rather than quartz.
Spoiler:
I lurk sometimes. I don't post anymore.

Sgt_Pepper426

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:20 PM

Awesome! This would cause so much more motivation for exploring the Nether.
Posted Image

myles7916

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:08 AM

Support! I love villages this would be a cool addition.
Posted Image

Spinosaurus4
  • Minecraft: Spinosaurus4
  • Xbox:sucks
  • PSN:termite-king9

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:37 AM

View PostSkarmorySilver, on 07 July 2013 - 08:36 PM, said:

I'll just leave this here lol:

Posted Image

I cropped the picture using MS Paint, and added in the speech bubble and text with Photoshop. Had to use my Tumblr to upload the banner, though, we don't have a means of uploading images directly to the forums yet ^^;

On topic, this has to be the most detailed pigman suggestion thread I've seen yet, and it's certainly much better than most of the "OMG PIGMEN" posts I've seen previously. The one thing I'd change is for the pigmen to have Notch's pigman model, but otherwise, those pics are fantastic!
Regarding the debate about the additional custom-created blocks, I have mixed feelings about this, but at least you get butter ingots for trying lol. The point I'm making here is that not all of the new blocks may be necessary - regular Chests can now be found in Nether Fortresses, for example, and you could just use Netherbrick fences wherever regular wooden fences would be in an Overworld village. But on the other hand, consider that hay bales were added specifically to cater to the horses in 1.6, so it shouldn't be too much of a stretch to add in additional Nether blocks for the pigmen's sake. It also makes more sense that they'd probably have to make do with what they already have in the Nether instead of just importing stuff from the Overworld without explanation. Gold doors are a nice touch, in that they could be midway in terms of strength between iron and wooden doors, but my personal favorite's the Hell Wheat. I mean, think about it - it's a means of getting food in the Nether without having to go back to the Overworld, and maybe you could get fire resistance from eating Hell Wheat Bread as well! And of course a farm for Nether Warts and Golden Carrots (or even regular carrots) is pretty much necessary Posted Image

Support overall Posted Image
Cool, except for the fact that the pic is to big to put on a signature. :/