Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[Texture/Resource pack request] Cartoon Faithful


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1

Celer
    Celer

    Iron Miner

  • Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:43 AM

Hey guys I was wondering if someone could make a faithful cartoony texture pack.

Anything 64x64 and under is fine.It gotta to be easy to tell whats what,
so really faithful items and blocks, yet cartoony.

If something like this already exists please point me to it, I greatly appreciate it!

Register or log in to remove.

#2

blue_dragon360
  • Location: Valhalla
  • Minecraft: blue_dragon360

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:18 AM

How to (properly) request textures
http://www.minecraft...equest-textures

Posted Image

If you would like to follow the progress of my WIP texture pack, click above.

I really need feedback!


#3

Celer
    Celer

    Iron Miner

  • Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:50 AM

View Postblue_dragon360, on 06 July 2013 - 03:18 AM, said:

How to (properly) request textures
http://www.minecraft...equest-textures
what : cartoony Faithful
How:anything under 64x

I think I summed that up in my OP bro.

#4

Rayvolution
    Rayvolution

    Pantless Moderator

  • Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 1688 posts
  • Location: USA

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:22 AM

What am I chopped liver?! :D
Posted Image

#5

samohtj
    samohtj

    Nether Resident

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2267 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:05 AM

How did you not immediately think of SixtyGig? I'd have thought you've been around long enough to know about it.

Somebody's gotta get these BEES out of my TEETH! D:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Guide to CTMMini's Texture Pack TutorialsHave pink and black textures? Click here!


#6

Celer
    Celer

    Iron Miner

  • Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:05 AM

View Postsamohtj, on 06 July 2013 - 05:05 AM, said:

How did you not immediately think of SixtyGig? I'd have thought you've been around long enough to know about it.

View PostRayvolution, on 06 July 2013 - 04:22 AM, said:

What am I chopped liver?! Posted Image

Damn you know what.. I have no Idea lol. Thanks guys Posted Image

Edit: Maybe because It's semi faithful.. Im giving it a shot regardless

#7

Rayvolution
    Rayvolution

    Pantless Moderator

  • Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 1688 posts
  • Location: USA

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:00 AM

View PostCeler, on 06 July 2013 - 06:05 AM, said:

Damn you know what.. I have no Idea lol. Thanks guys Posted Image

Edit: Maybe because It's semi faithful.. Im giving it a shot regardless

For the most part, it's pretty much as faithful as you can get while being cartoony. I spend a lot of my time and effort making sure the pack looks/feels like vanilla MC as far as colors and shape go, without acting being Vanilla MC. :)

I only call it "semi" faithful because true faithful packs, to me, are stuff like R3D.Craft, Faithful 32x and FaithfulVenom. Things that really do just look like upgraded default. :D
Posted Image

#8

Celer
    Celer

    Iron Miner

  • Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:28 AM

View PostRayvolution, on 06 July 2013 - 07:00 AM, said:

For the most part, it's pretty much as faithful as you can get while being cartoony. I spend a lot of my time and effort making sure the pack looks/feels like vanilla MC as far as colors and shape go, without acting being Vanilla MC. Posted Image

I only call it "semi" faithful because true faithful packs, to me, are stuff like R3D.Craft, Faithful 32x and FaithfulVenom. Things that really do just look like upgraded default. Posted Image
I'm really looking for something like though packs, but cartoony. I love your texture pack, but there are a couple of things that throw me off, just because they blocks look different Posted Image Especially the ores, I love the default ores.. and I'm REALLY picky about ores in all texture packs.

#9

Rayvolution
    Rayvolution

    Pantless Moderator

  • Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 1688 posts
  • Location: USA

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:46 AM

View PostCeler, on 06 July 2013 - 07:28 AM, said:

I'm really looking for something like though packs, but cartoony. I love your texture pack, but there are a couple of things that throw me off, just because they blocks look different Posted Image Especially the ores, I love the default ores.. and I'm REALLY picky about ores in all texture packs.

Ah, I can see where you're coming from. Yeah, my ores (in shape) are totally different than defaults. Those tiny ore specs just didn't look right cartoonied, so that's one of the places I deviated from the "faithful" rule. :P
Posted Image

#10

Celer
    Celer

    Iron Miner

  • Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:16 PM

View PostRayvolution, on 06 July 2013 - 07:46 AM, said:

Ah, I can see where you're coming from. Yeah, my ores (in shape) are totally different than defaults. Those tiny ore specs just didn't look right cartoonied, so that's one of the places I deviated from the "faithful" rule. Posted Image
I a low contrasted and saturated default pack could be cartoony.. i have no clue. I might have to try this myself and see what happens