Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft running on ubuntu without a bin folder

problem cannot find bin folder inside of .minecraft

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

omgwtfbbqhaxlawlzors

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:12 AM

So, I just got ubuntu to dual boot with win7 today, and I'm pretty new to it. I have a problem, though. I downloaded minecraft for linux from the mojang site, and ran it. I logged in, started up a game, ran around a bit, saved an exited, quit the client, and I check the directory to start modding, and I managed to get to .minecraft. Problem is, apparently minecraft is running without a minecraft.jar or a bin folder entirely! I looked at the dev box and no reference to the bin folder is made whatsoever. There's a version called minecraft 1.6.1 that I'm running. I'm on ubuntu 12.04 lmt with openjdk 6 and 7 with archive viewer and ctl+h So, anybody know if minecraft just dropped the entire bin folder? That would make it hard to mod. Also, there was this text file in the assets saying everything in that folder will be deleted. Plus, the game works perfectly every time i start it up. Is minecraft now running without minecraft.jar or a bin folder, or am I just missing something? Yes, I spammed out on ctl h to see if itd work. i even typed in the path and there was no bin folder to be found!
copy me->
paste this is your sig so we can infect everybody with creepers XD

Register or log in to remove.

xx3dgxx
    xx3dgxx

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • Minecraft: xx3dgxx

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:54 AM

the .minecraft folder no longer has a bin folder. Instead the jar file is saved in a folder called "versions" and each instance is saved based on the profiles you make in the launcher.

omgwtfbbqhaxlawlzors

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:59 AM

Thanks, figured it out. AND how to mod it.
copy me->
paste this is your sig so we can infect everybody with creepers XD