Latest News Article

Emerging Frontiers ~ A unique and dynamic server ~ In production

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

spunkymunky97

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

Aureumelimus - Emerging Frontiers

What is Emerging Frontiers?

Emerging Frontiers is a simple, yet great dream we share for a server, where the player is free to do as they please, you are not restricted to one playstyle, whether you may be a builder, raider or even roleplayer, we want everyone to be welcome. Everything is player made and player driven, no structures are to be pre-set save for minecraft's dungeons, strongholds etc. Using a vast array of simple, yet awesome plugins we make these playstyles viable and available for everyone

Gameplay

The first of our unique aspects that makes our server interesting is the custom map, resources shall be distributed uniquely to make players travel and reap the benefits of these areas, if you truly want to dominate, you will need to control the map. Another key feature that promotes map control is the lack of fast travelling, we feel teleportation makes minecraft boring and makes many of it's features redundant, player will be forced to use boats, horses and minecarts to travel which creates a much more interesting experience. Thirdly, buckets are not creatable, making water sources valuable, however artificial canals can still be created, the lack of buckets will make deserts and icy regions harsh to live in.PvP and wars remain a large aspect of our server, as players will fight for numerous things from resources to political disputes. Firstly, to make the PvP fair we have decided to remove PvP enchantments, these enchantments can make fight unbalanced, these also slow down gameplay as players will often spend time enchanting rather than having fun, which we hate. Secondly, we have chosen the Citadel plugin for base protection rather than the unbalanced factions or towny plugins. Citadel works by protecting each individual block by consuming smoothstone or iron ingots, this makes players work for their bases and makes iron and smoothstone valuable materials.Trading and economy are also a big aspect of our server, we do not wish to have a currency as it creates hyperinflation and items become less valuable, and going with the player driven theme of our server we wish not to have admin shops. We shall be using PhysicalShop as our trading plugin, it works by filling a chest with the item you wish to sell, then setting the item and quantity you wish to trade it for, this creates a balanced and interesting economy. The current plugins and gameplay features make previously items more or less valuable, for example gold and smoothstone now have much more value. The lack of fast travel means trade routes will be needed and certain resources may have more value depending on the area.

Posted Image

Donations

As with everything on our server we thought we would take a unique approach. Rather than handing out OP items and abilities we thought we would give the donors a say on how the money is spent and how the server should be managed and developed. For example, your vote may be worth 3, which is a big difference, if the map is also to be expanded or reset you will also be given a large say on the design. If you are seriously not interested in this we can fork over overpowered items and abilities, but we feel you are only cheating yourself.

How can you help?

We are not a well funded or well resourced project, but we feel we are the few dedicated to such a server. We are in need of donations, advertisement, feedback, suggestions, anything is helpful, a simple bump on the thread is welcome. We need players of all playstyles to join if we want this to be interesting, so discuss with friend or clanmates if you think they may find this interesting.What we really, really do need right now are terraformers. We are currently building the map ourselves but if we want it to be the best possible we are going to need people who can do a much better job of creating the map we think players would enjoy. This is the current base of the map. If you are interested, apply below.

Application for terraformer

Name:Skype Contact:Why you think you are suitable for the position:Past experiences (if any):Examples of work:Opinion on the server:Suggestions:Any other information:

Contact details

If you have any questions you wish to discuss privately add me on Skype, "greg.lock.97" for general questions or contact my associate "aldoalex3" for financial questions or questions regarding hosting.

Register or log in to remove.

xRustehx
  • Minecraft: xRustehx
  • Xbox:Z0MB Rusteh

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:24 PM

Name: Rusty Davis

Skype Contact: xRustehx

Why you think you are suitable for the position: I'm older than most minecraft players, thus I'd like to say I'm much more mature. (I still like to have fun though.). I'm very teamwork oriented.

Past experiences (if any): I've co-run a server for 2 months. The funding dropped and the server halted. I Admin'd and built the spawn and NPC shops. I've ran my own server for a few months, real life prevented me from handling everything myself. I'm well antiquated with Bukkit and various plugins.

Examples of work: I've gotten a new PC recently and I've forgotten to transfer the screenshots.

Opinion on the server: I like the tactical feel to it. Holding lands for their resources? Sounds like something you don't see very often in Minecraft servers. The economy section is something I've ran into problems with and I like the solution.

Suggestions: Since I am unaware of the  finer details of your server, I could not make a useful suggestion. I would like to see a neutral/protected zone.

Any other information: I do work a Full time job and I would be only able to play after 5pm EST and on weekends. I'm also in the US Army and I may be gone for training 1 weekend a month.

porky9441
  • Minecraft: porky9441

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:05 AM

Name: Nate Appelbaum

Skype Contact: porky9441

Why you think you are suitable for the position:I have teraformed extensively on the minecraft middle earth server.

Past experiences (if any):I have teraformed extensively on the minecraft middle earth server.

Examples of work: i dont have any right now, but ill check

Opinion on the server:The idea is ambitious and I think you will have trouble controlling the players, but if you can pull this off it would be amazing. This sever gives me the vibes of overhead RTS game except we the players are the units that do everything.

Suggestions:I feel that this server would do exceedingly well if it had some rp to it. The basic idea of the server makes me feel like rping .

Any other information:I may not be free all the time, but when i'm on i will work my best.

Posted Image

EpicBarney

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:01 AM

Name: Cien Killian IGN: EpicBarney

Skype Contact: Wu-Tang-Cien or ciennk1 or ciennk

Why you think you are suitable for the position: caus rim responsible and good at building

Past experiences (if any): ive benn and admin for alot of servers

Examples of work: i dont have any

Opinion on the server: i like the idea
Suggestions: none
Any other information: um, i hope you let me in thank you

Neptunebyte

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:19 AM

Name: Jesus Parra
Skype Contact: Neptunebyte
Why you think you are suitable for the position: I love to help out, learn quickly, care vastly about my work, and I am very patient. I do, however, have zero tolerance towards those who wish to do malice against servers.
Past experiences (if any): Helper in the AntiGrief Nation server, mainly built town buildings, taught myself how to build in uneven ground while doing so.
Examples of work: (Posted this by phone, I will edit in screenshots come morning)
Opinion on the server: I love the idea, I also like the steps being taken to ensure that gameplay remains balanced.
Suggestions: Perhaps a type of bounty system?
Any other information: I am available almost every day, I am in Central Standard time, will work on short notice.

spunkymunky97

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:03 AM

View PostxRustehx, on 04 July 2013 - 07:24 PM, said:

Name: Rusty Davis

Skype Contact: xRustehx

Why you think you are suitable for the position: I'm older than most minecraft players, thus I'd like to say I'm much more mature. (I still like to have fun though.). I'm very teamwork oriented.

Past experiences (if any): I've co-run a server for 2 months. The funding dropped and the server halted. I Admin'd and built the spawn and NPC shops. I've ran my own server for a few months, real life prevented me from handling everything myself. I'm well antiquated with Bukkit and various plugins.

Examples of work: I've gotten a new PC recently and I've forgotten to transfer the screenshots.

Opinion on the server: I like the tactical feel to it. Holding lands for their resources? Sounds like something you don't see very often in Minecraft servers. The economy section is something I've ran into problems with and I like the solution.

Suggestions: Since I am unaware of the  finer details of your server, I could not make a useful suggestion. I would like to see a neutral/protected zone.

Any other information: I do work a Full time job and I would be only able to play after 5pm EST and on weekends. I'm also in the US Army and I may be gone for training 1 weekend a month.

View Postporky9441, on 05 July 2013 - 12:05 AM, said:

Name: Nate Appelbaum

Skype Contact: porky9441

Why you think you are suitable for the position:I have teraformed extensively on the minecraft middle earth server.

Past experiences (if any):I have teraformed extensively on the minecraft middle earth server.

Examples of work: i dont have any right now, but ill check

Opinion on the server:The idea is ambitious and I think you will have trouble controlling the players, but if you can pull this off it would be amazing. This sever gives me the vibes of overhead RTS game except we the players are the units that do everything.

Suggestions:I feel that this server would do exceedingly well if it had some rp to it. The basic idea of the server makes me feel like rping .

Any other information:I may not be free all the time, but when i'm on i will work my best.

View PostEpicBarney, on 05 July 2013 - 01:01 AM, said:

Name: Cien Killian IGN: EpicBarney

Skype Contact: Wu-Tang-Cien or ciennk1 or ciennk

Why you think you are suitable for the position: caus rim responsible and good at building

Past experiences (if any): ive benn and admin for alot of servers

Examples of work: i dont have any

Opinion on the server: i like the idea
Suggestions: none
Any other information: um, i hope you let me in thank you

View PostNeptunebyte, on 05 July 2013 - 05:19 AM, said:

Name: Jesus Parra
Skype Contact: Neptunebyte
Why you think you are suitable for the position: I love to help out, learn quickly, care vastly about my work, and I am very patient. I do, however, have zero tolerance towards those who wish to do malice against servers.
Past experiences (if any): Helper in the AntiGrief Nation server, mainly built town buildings, taught myself how to build in uneven ground while doing so.
Examples of work: (Posted this by phone, I will edit in screenshots come morning)
Opinion on the server: I love the idea, I also like the steps being taken to ensure that gameplay remains balanced.
Suggestions: Perhaps a type of bounty system?
Any other information: I am available almost every day, I am in Central Standard time, will work on short notice.

While I'm glad we have received many applicants I can only really accept one as we already have two and don't want to overcomplicate things. I have little to no proof of work so I can't make a real judgement. I have talked to Rusteh and he seems fitting for the position, however if Porky's claims are true working on the MineCraft Middle Earth server are true then he is also highly considered.

Anyway, thanks for the applications and interest. I'll make a decision at a later date.

porky9441
  • Minecraft: porky9441

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:27 PM

here is some work from a adventure map i was working on, though i still haven't got around to finishing it.

http://i1232.photobu...7-05_101549.png
Here is a small ruined town.

http://i1232.photobu...7-05_101619.png
Trapdoor on top of the temple.

http://i1232.photobu...7-05_101623.png
Going down the hole.

http://i1232.photobu...7-05_101632.png
What lies at the bottom. As you can see it is not nearly finished with just the basic teraforming done, but this is all I could find of my work.

http://i1232.photobu...7-05_101650.png
The starting of a small village.

Posted Image