63 replies to this topic

s9fan
    s9fan

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:43 PM

Hi everyone,

I was looking for minecraft World of Warcraft servers but i could not find any server, and if i found one it was just a server with max 5 people. So i thought by myself 'Why not make a WoW server.' I don't really got experience with WoW but i played a familiar game called Runes of Magic.

I already had some ideas like races, classes and skills i also had ideas for quests, guilds, dungeons and more.
In the game Runes of Magic we had epic guild vs guild fights, we called that Siege Wars, i got some ideas for that too.

I was wondering if there were people who want to help me. I also need someone who can make a server and can make it 24/7. Is anyone interested to help me? We also need to make a map and stuff like that.

Thanks

PS. My minecraft name is s9fan12

PPS. Sorry for my bad english

Register or log in to remove.

econerd
    econerd

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Minecraft: econerd
  • Xbox:econerd1986

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:31 PM

I'm very willing to help you build this. I can't host a server as my net can't handle it but if you can find someone to host them I'm in.
I'm good at building and a pretty good writer too so will be fun to write quests.
It will need a lot of plugins to make it work properly but done right it could be epic.
Also there is a very nice world of Warcraft resource pack that's mostly finished that I'm using atm and its beautiful.

s9fan
    s9fan

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:58 PM

Nice! Thanks that you are willing to help :)

i already found a plugin for skills called 'magic spells'.

Is there anyone else who want to help?
We need more people before we can start
I also got skype btw, my name is s9fan13

Sorry that i didn't respond that fast but im new on minecraftforum so i couldnt find my own topix xD

Kola2
    Kola2

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 936 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:11 PM

I'll help, but my host is broken, but my dad has some powerful computers from his old job, he could maybe host a server there..
Jebediah Kerman : "I'm not sure we will make it to the moon" Bob Kerman "I'll add more boosters then"

econerd
    econerd

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:26 PM

No worries, I played Warcraft quite a bit a few years ago, wish I still could but its just to expensive. You can subscribe to the thread if you haven't already so you can find it again, it even emails you when you get a reply. I'm not sure how races would work but as for classes I can help you out, I've given most of them a try.

s9fan
    s9fan

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:08 AM

nice guys! thats good :) Can you guys add me on skype? my name is s9fan13, then we can make some ideas ^^

i go vacation btw so i got lots of time i only have to work sometimes

s9fan
    s9fan

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:16 AM

i got vacation*

econerd
    econerd

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:21 AM

Yeah, will add you. I'm not working due to disability so plenty of time on my hands. Been looking for a team to start up a server for a while now. As I said I can't do it alone as net can't handle it. Do any of you guys have the means to set up a small server, just for a few peeps, so we can start building?

s9fan
    s9fan

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:56 PM

Ehm i can make one but not a bukkit server, i dont got the good code for it to let it work, and i guess we need a bukkit server to move the plugins into it... but maybe Kola2 is able to make one. I hope he will respond soon

It's jsut a vanilla server what i can make

GalaxyPhoenix20

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:03 PM

I would love to help with plugin/coding and building the spawn and other structures. Also, I would be able to help with whatever u need except hosting and that stuff :P

You also should add War Games from WoW. Get two teams, and battle it out.
"Your ancestors died fighting for your inherit right to own a fake Psychic Detective Agency." --Burton Guster

econerd
    econerd

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:03 PM

Cool, ive never coded for mods etc before either lol. I would love some sort of faction system, as well as classes etc. Its a big job to get all the mods and plugins to work properly, so having someone on the team who knows what their doing will be very useful.

Thunder0550

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:35 PM

Hello, i was reading your idea and thought it was great. i am a Wow player and still play today.
so if you need any help i will give you any information you need to know. skype: Derrick Burgess

Thunder0550

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:45 PM

View Posts9fan, on 08 July 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

Nice! Thanks that you are willing to help Posted Image

i already found a plugin for skills called 'magic spells'.

Is there anyone else who want to help?
We need more people before we can start
I also got skype btw, my name is s9fan13

Sorry that i didn't respond that fast but im new on minecraftforum so i couldnt find my own topix xD
And for "Magic Spells" i can set it up for you in any way you would like if you have not already, like is said i play Wow still i could help alot :)

Jage9Gaming
  • Minecraft: jage9

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:12 AM

I have no idea if anyone actually notices my comment because this is an old post but I have been working on mod-free world of warcraft map. I tought that I could help you as I came up with an idea of using splash potions as spells and use mcedit to add atributes on armor so that different classes have different health and stuff. I am more than willing to help!

El1te_StarDragon

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:54 AM

IMPORTANT READ(7.3.2014) UPDATED WEBSITE! Hey don't know if you will read this but anyway.... I have also wanted to make a WoW server like this and have started already. Check Posted Imagehttp://world-of-mine...rver.enjin.com/
6. Much later get Moderators to moderate serverPlease msg me if you are interested.(PM me this application)What is your MC username? (for whitelist)How old are you?What country do you live in and Timezone to UTC?What role would you like and would be good at? (Building spawns, editing WoW world for errors, etc)What times of the day and what day can you go on MC?Why do you wan't to help?What experience do you have With WoW and the map?What is your experience with World Edit?Do you know how to program bukkit plugins?Please submit an application on http://world-of-mine...rver.enjin.com/At the moment i have 4-5 staff helping me.

oogleboogle
  • Minecraft: backstabber2812
  • Xbox:OogleBoogleMan

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:04 AM

Good Luck with constructing your Server.

You can also check out some hosts in the MCF Server Hosting Sub-Section by clicking Here

Have you forgotten the Minecraft Forum Rules or want to see them again? View them by clicking Here

El1te_StarDragon

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:45 AM

View Postoogleboogle, on 24 July 2013 - 09:04 AM, said:

Good Luck with constructing your Server.

You can also check out some hosts in the MCF Server Hosting Sub-Section by clicking Here

Thunder0550

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:00 AM

View PostEl1te_StarDragon, on 24 July 2013 - 08:54 AM, said:

Hey don't know if you will read this but anyway.... I have also wanted to make a WoW server like this and have started already. I have a bukkit server up run privately from time to time (not dedicated...yet) I also have a list of usefull plugins for this server for example Ancient RPG and citizens. I also have the whole map of WoW generated by Rumsey and hope to implement it soon.( it is 24gb+ Posted Image!) My plan is to
1. Make a server website on Enjing or something
2. Edit the map for errors
3. Create a spawn world with portal leading to Mainframe.
4. Configure and if needed make plugins
5. Get Developers to help edit the world, configure factions, AI's etc (I don't know WoW too much and need someone who knows a bit)
6. Get Cheap efficient server host 24/7 and advertise server.
6. Much later get Moderators to moderate server

Please msg me if you are interested.
At the moment i have 4-5 staff helping me.
i would love to help you, like i said to s9fan i know alot about Wow and i know about minecraft plugins. i can help alot and i would love being staff as well! so if you need me just add my skype: Derrick Burgess

El1te_StarDragon

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:24 AM

View PostThunder0550, on 27 July 2013 - 02:00 AM, said:

i would love to help you, like i said to s9fan i know alot about Wow and i know about minecraft plugins. i can help alot and i would love being staff as well! so if you need me just add my skype: Derrick Burgess
Thanks I will PM you a quick application questionnaire.

El1te_StarDragon

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:57 AM

View Posts9fan, on 09 July 2013 - 08:16 AM, said:

i got vacation*
BTW there is a lovely "Edit" button under your posts :P