• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.4][WIP] FlenixCities - Everything you need for a great City! Includes Economy! - Updated 24th Oct - Basic Lights!

city cities modern npcs economy money guns awesome mod flenix

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

Flenix
    Flenix

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1075 posts
  • Minecraft: Flenix
  • Xbox:Flenix

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:43 AM

Posted Image

As is their tradition, Minecraft Forums has broken the post a bit. I'll fix it when I get a bit of free time.. for now, good luck!

Have you ever tried to build a huge city, only to find out Minecraft doesn't have quite what you need?Maybe you managed to get the foundations in, but it lacks furnishings and a sense of... life?Or, maybe you just want to get some awesome Bukkit features on a Forge server, and utilize the power of Forge when doing so?If so, this is the mod for you! when I finish making it...i

Check out the official AtlanticCraft Mod Review!
Covers both this and my FlenixRoads modFlenixCities is a mod all about cities, and everything involved in making them! It'll focus on aesthetics, mainly blocks, but will add some other major features too:- A digital/physical economy system- Hundreds of NPCs with their own roles and AI- A crime rating- A player ID system (with full security features)- And much more in the future...

Planned Features
This is a huge mod, so I'll only cover the main things I listed above for now.
  • Full Digital/Physical economy.
    Yup, you read that right. All the goodness of your favourite Bukkit economy plugin, with the greatness that is Forge.
    The economy system is simple. You have physical money, and can open a bank account. You can interact with the bank account via an ATM or a banker (coming soon). In the future, the economy will be used all over the mod for both NPC and Player trading systems!
  • Hundreds of new NPCs!
    Right up from kids playing in the street to police who'll hunt and arrest you for committing crimes. The API* I'm building for the mod will contain plenty of AI for anyone to use!
    Script-able NPC's (ie Citizens plugin) aren't currently planned, but I may add them in the future
    NPC's are still in the baby stages. The banker exists as an example of them.
  • Crime Rating!
    Each player will have a temporary criminal record. When committing a crime (for example, killing an NPC), you'll be given Crime Points and the police will try and get you. They'll fine, arrest, or kill you - depending on the crime.
    This feature is not yet implemented.
  • Player ID System!
    It's a lot simpler than it sounds. Players can get ID cards, and these cards can be used to access certain blocks!
    The system is already possible (and MUCH more advanced) when using ComputerCraft. This is just a simple alternative.
    IDs can be used with card readers to do things like activate redstone, unlock doors and open special chests.
    This feature is not yet implemented.
  • API to create your own modules!
    Are you a developer? I'm making an API to create your own modules! The benefits of a module are that you can utilize my ores, use my money, get easy access to NPC AI and even tie in to world generation!
That sounds great! When will it be ready?
That depends on what you mean by "ready". This is a relatively big project, and I have other mods to work on and a server to run- so it wont be quick. I plan to release an update for each new building set I finish (for example, when I finish the supermarket blocks, and the cashier NPC, I'll release it as the "Supermarket Update". The generation will be the last thing I do, because all the buildings and stuff have to be done first!

Modules![//todo. Just download 'em all for now and play around]
Downloads:
FlenixCities is a MODULAR mod.You can download modules from my site. I'll add details on what each does later, but for now just try them out.If you already had Cities, you probably want all of them. http://silvania.co.uk/mods/downloads/

License: This mod is made solely by Flenix of Silvania Studios, and is copyrighted.You may not, in any situation, repost on any site without my express written permission. Currently, only sites I am affliciated with, as well as Minecraft Forums and Planet Minecraft, can host this.

Regarding modpacks: I do require permission for ANY modpack! I generally say yes to private and server modpacks. Public modpacks, you need to have your own website (or at least dedicate part of your own website) to the pack. It must also have it's own forum which anyone can register on.
Sorry, but i don't want this going in every public pack there is, hence this restriction. I feel it's pretty fair, as this way only the real packs who have a chance of surviving will be using it.

FAQ
Are you planning to add X block?Check the planned section below. If it's not there, then suggest I add it and I might consider it.

When will X feature be added?There's no official timeline yet. When I do make one, it'll be available on my forums, so you'll have to be signed up there to access it (along with other nice goodies)

Add ComputerCraft support!As much as I'd LOVE to do this, dan200 was pretty adamant that he doesn't want me to extend CC for my computers to work as a CC computer. So, as much as it sucks, it's never gonna happen - out of my control, and I'm not going to recode computercraft for a minor feature like that.Maybe if you're lucky I'll add Minesweeper. One day.

The ATM is causing a crash!
That's because you're using unsupported versions of Forge. Use the recomended build; for info on why, read this: http://www.silvania.co.uk/blog/?p=123

Suggestions and Bug ReportsI'm all ears for any suggestions and I'll try and fix any bugs! You can post either as a comment here, or you can post on my forums. Posting on my forum means it's easier for both you and me to track your issue or suggestion, so go ahead and do that! The forum is new, so post around and liven the place up a bit too!Click me to go to the forums!Alternatively, contact me via Twitter!@SilvaniaStudiosInstallationIf you're struggling with installing Forge or my mods, I've made a nice little video!I'm not good at talking and stuff, so sorry for that. But, it's better than nothing!Other mods!I've also made a road mod, called FlenixRoads, which will go perfectly alongside this. When generation is done, Roads will get generated if you have this mod installed!Go get it!Official ServerI have a creative server, running FlenixRoads, FlenixCities and Remula.It's main purpose is for you to build cities, and I can use those cities in FlenixCities world generation. But drop in and just chill, have some fun! All are welcome so long as you're friendly Posted ImageGo to the official post!

Follow me:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Really like the mod? I'm trying to get a new graphics card, as mine is very basic and on the brink of death. Feel free to help me out if you can!

[center]Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Paving the way to a better world! Posted Image Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

BioFusionz

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:50 PM

Love <3

Dirk_Jimbrose

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:53 PM

I like the idea very much.

Is it supposed to take a long time to build the terrain at startup? It never did get past the building terrain screen.

Posted Image

Flenix
    Flenix

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1075 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:52 PM

View PostDirk_Jimbrose, on 04 July 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:

I like the idea very much.

Is it supposed to take a long time to build the terrain at startup? It never did get past the building terrain screen.

Are you on MC 1.5.2?

It MAY require FlenixRoads to be installed, it was originally going to be an addon then I separated it.
It doesn't do any world gen, so I can't think of any other reason why it might freeze there...

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Paving the way to a better world! Posted Image Posted Image

Dirk_Jimbrose

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:35 PM

I had to use a fresh jar and a new Forge install to get it to work. It must have been conflicting with some other mod.

Posted Image

Busti
    Busti

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Minecraft: Busti2000

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:17 PM

I am looking forward to seeing it in action.
It would be really nice if you could make this like Sim City (without the server crashes ;D) with simulation of the typical City Life so that the NPC's are going to work in the morning and so on...
Posted Image
Author of the Mod Technica (XP in pipes!)

Flenix
    Flenix

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1075 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:05 PM

View PostDirk_Jimbrose, on 04 July 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

I had to use a fresh jar and a new Forge install to get it to work. It must have been conflicting with some other mod.

Ok, any chance you can give me a list of the mods? I'll take a look and see what I can find the fix the bug.

View PostBusti, on 04 July 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

I am looking forward to seeing it in action.
It would be really nice if you could make this like Sim City (without the server crashes ;D) with simulation of the typical City Life so that the NPC's are going to work in the morning and so on...

That would be quite complex to do to be honest. I've never looked at anything like pathing NPCs or advanced AI like that. I might consider it after the final release but it wont be anything early.

Posted Image

Flenix
    Flenix

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1075 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:42 PM

Most textures are now working on 1.6.1 and everything seems to be going smoothly. However, I've left my power supply at home and I'm out with my laptop right now, so I wont have enough battery life to get everything updated, compiled, tested and uploaded. So, expect the update some time tomorrow :)

Posted Image

bigeaspk
    bigeaspk

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:50 AM

View PostFlenix, on 04 July 2013 - 11:42 PM, said:

Most textures are now working on 1.6.1 and everything seems to be going smoothly. However, I've left my power supply at home and I'm out with my laptop right now, so I wont have enough battery life to get everything updated, compiled, tested and uploaded. So, expect the update some time tomorrow Posted Image

View PostFlenix, on 04 July 2013 - 11:43 PM, said:

On FlenixRoads Topic....
Most textures are now working on 1.6.1 and everything seems to be going smoothly. However, I've left my power supply at home and I'm out with my laptop right now, so I wont have enough battery life to get everything updated, compiled, tested and uploaded. So, expect the update some time tomorrow Posted Image

For a second I though I was looking at the same e-mail :P
[Error 404 could not be found]

kokonus
    kokonus

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1025 posts
  • Minecraft: kokonus

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:45 AM

Sounds fancy Ill try to follow it :)

Posted Image

Flenix
    Flenix

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1075 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:00 PM

View Postbigeaspk, on 05 July 2013 - 12:50 AM, said:

For a second I though I was looking at the same e-mail Posted Image

Good ol' copy and paste. Posted it on PMC too ;)

View Postkokonus, on 05 July 2013 - 11:45 AM, said:

Sounds fancy Ill try to follow it Posted Image

Thanks ;) There's a "follow post" button up top, or if you don't want the spam just follow me on Twitter or like on Facebook, links are both in my sig.

Posted Image

kokonus
    kokonus

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1025 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

View PostFlenix, on 05 July 2013 - 02:00 PM, said:

Good ol' copy and paste. Posted it on PMC too Posted Image

Thanks Posted Image There's a "follow post" button up top, or if you don't want the spam just follow me on Twitter or like on Facebook, links are both in my sig.
Yeah Ik about the button and I dont have twitter or facebook :P

Posted Image

Flenix
    Flenix

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1075 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:44 PM

View Postkokonus, on 05 July 2013 - 04:34 PM, said:

Yeah Ik about the button and I dont have twitter or facebook :P

Ok :P ill make a mailing list in the future, want me to pm you when I do?

Posted Image

kokonus
    kokonus

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1025 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:20 PM

View PostFlenix, on 05 July 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

Ok Posted Image ill make a mailing list in the future, want me to pm you when I do?
Not needed I have followed the thread if you post here.

Posted Image

Flenix
    Flenix

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1075 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:49 PM

Update:

Everything is now working in 1.6 as it was in 1.5, minus the GUI opening. I am at a point where I would be happy to update, but before I do I'm going to add some new features and models in.

My plan for v0.1.0 is to add the following:
- Digital Currency working (I'm almost there, but I believe there's an NBT bug in Forge for 1.6 stopping it working)
- 4 different options for the block which the ATM is mounted in. I'm looking for opinions on what they should be by default, but at the moment three of them are Stone Brick and City White or City Grey (two of the structure blocks from the mod). Opinion for what the fourth should be?
- Shop Drinks Fridge and Minifridge (Maybe with GUI, if I can get the GUIs working)
- Floating Shelves, without functionality

What other things would you like to see in the initial 1.6 release?

Posted Image

Flenix
    Flenix

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1075 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:57 PM

Just added a huuuge list of everything I plan to make. I'd love people to add to it!

Posted Image

swissbomb

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:30 PM

Seems interesting... looking forward for it to be finished.

Hego555
    Hego555

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:21 AM

Wow this looks amazing, this plus your roads mod= AMAZING!

Flenix
    Flenix

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1075 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:49 AM

View PostHego555, on 09 July 2013 - 03:21 AM, said:

Wow this looks amazing, this plus your roads mod= AMAZING!

I recognize your name, and it's driving me insane because I don't know where from... Did you comment on one of my mods on PMC?

Posted Image

master3019

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

Will the furniture be similar to Jammy Furniture in any way?