• Please log in to reply
1425 replies to this topic

djoslin
    djoslin

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 582 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:58 PM

There was wayyyyy too much info on this page to keep it up to date. Please check out my new website:
FiniteLiquid
CreepyKingdom
Insta-Wire
VerticalRedstone
MotionDetector
BaitBox
Telescope
CannonPowder
Turret
Rope
GlassLight
Transmitter
Pitfall

This post was too huge, click here to get info on the mods.

http://djoslin.info

my mods, my games, and other projects

Register or log in to remove.

MDR
    MDR

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:37 PM

Huge favor, can you update the second set of block IDs for the GlassLights? (186,187)
Nvm I just removed and replaced them.

Thanks a bunch

Also it seems that the chanlog for GlassLights doesn't include the v3 changes, your call really
Posted Image

Ghost321

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:58 PM

thanks for the mods they are great!

alot of  :Notch: 's for you :DDDDDDDDDDDD

Worms136
    Worms136

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 04:04 PM

YAY I was waiting for your mods to be updated, because i think your mods are one of the best
So a :GoldBar: for you

MDR
    MDR

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 04:24 PM

Hey I found a bug or what seems to be a type of bug or just a request.

It's been noted that the diamond transmitters will transmit through anything, but the regular ones won't transmit over redstone wire placed on the floor. Could you implement it so they can transfer over redstone wire to reach the receiver? (essentially making them capable of transmitting through redstone wire but just this)
Posted Image

snowyomen
  • Minecraft: SnowyOmen

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:03 PM

Great mods!

although the Long-Distance transmitters seem pretty expensive... Don't think too much into it. I'm not an expert on the subject.

:)

Shykary
    Shykary

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:18 PM

You... rock.

bfree380

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:44 PM

I think this may have been asked in a previous thread of yours, but is there any way of having the trap doors open from a different way, say, depending on the direction you are facing when placing it??  Thanks, and great job on these mods!

cMal
    cMal

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:29 PM

Alright, this is CLEARLY frustration at its highest. I've installed all the mods (they wouldn't craft with the mod manager so i installed them manually) - I've installed the trap doors and glass light, the more block id's and the mod loader yet whenever i try and place the trap door or glass light it ctd's. Please help ;_;

Watson 203
  • Minecraft: Watson_203
  • Xbox:Watson 203

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:42 PM

cMal said:

Alright, this is CLEARLY frustration at its highest. I've installed all the mods (they wouldn't craft with the mod manager so i installed them manually) - I've installed the trap doors and glass light, the more block id's and the mod loader yet whenever i try and place the trap door or glass light it ctd's. Please help ;_;

I get something kind of like this. The tripwires are craftable but first of all the inventory slot they're in is fill with the wooden planks texture and when I try to place the my game freezes, then closes on me. I haven't tried the others incase it crashes my game again.

Teagualicious

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:57 PM

I love you forever.

TheMegaInferno

Posted 02 March 2011 - 12:30 AM

awesome
"A bird doesn't sing because it has answer, It sings because it has a song"

K'naan

Eaglepaladin

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:02 AM

Awesome mods! You get diamonds! :Green:  :Green:  :Green:  :Green:  :Green:

I was about to ask that you make it so they drop when broken, then it occurred to me to try a diamond pickax.

Teagualicious

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:22 AM

It appears I have a bit of a problem with transmitter/receiver blocks crashing... I can place the blocks just fine, and they even transmit fine, but the game sometimes crashes when placing blocks around the transmitters or receivers.

I've reinstalled moreblockID's and ModLoader, and still no help. >.<\

EDIT: In my configuration that I have set up to use two-way signals, there are transmitters and receivers right next to each other. Could this be the problem? I am not trying to make the adjacent blocks communicate, but could they be interfering with each other?

Diagram of setup:

:(  []  []  []  []  []  []  :Red:
:Red:  []  []  []  []  []  []  :Diamond:

:Diamond: = transmiter
:Red: = reciever

djoslin
    djoslin

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 582 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:34 AM

Teagualicious said:

It appears I have a bit of a problem with transmitter/receiver blocks crashing... I can place the blocks just fine, and they even transmit fine, but the game sometimes crashes when placing blocks around the transmitters or receivers.

EDIT: In my configuration that I have set up to use two-way signals, there are transmitters and receivers right next to each other. Could this be the problem? I am not trying to make the adjacent blocks communicate, but could they be interfering with each other?

Diagram of setup:

:iapprove:  []  []  []  []  []  []  :tnt:
:tnt:  []  []  []  []  []  []  :iapprove:

:tnt: = transmiter
:tnt: = reciever

Well, you're making an infinite loop of updates happen. Each time a block near the transmitter/receiver updates, it resends the signal. So you're making it send a signal nonstop, something java doesn't like. I can look into fixing this bug.

Schleprock

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:22 AM

May I ask which block ID's each mod uses?
I am getting some compatibility issues, and I think the cause is shared block IDs with Nandonalt's mods.

Edit: Looks like the only compatibility issue I have is with the TrapDoor.
Sucks because thats the one I was looking forward to the most.

porkbeef737

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:47 AM

I think that notch is trying a lot less harder on minecraft because you managed to put trapdoors before he did, tweet this to notch and he might pay you :iapprove:!! just like the betterlight mod! I thank you for the trapdoors. And 2 things if you reply, what are the IDs for the trapdoors, and can you quote this so it sends o my e-mail? thanks!

djoslin
    djoslin

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 582 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 12:06 PM

Eaglepaladin said:

Awesome mods! You get diamonds! :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:
I was about to ask that you make it so they drop when broken, then it occurred to me to try a diamond pickax.

TheMegaInferno said:

awesome

Teagualicious said:

I love you forever.

Ghost321 said:

thanks for the mods they are great!
alot of  :Diamond: 's for you :DDDDDDDDDDDD

Worms136 said:

YAY I was waiting for your mods to be updated, because i think your mods are one of the best
So a :Diamond: for you

Shykary said:

You... rock.

MDR said:

Hey I found a bug or what seems to be a type of bug or just a request.

It's been noted that the diamond transmitters will transmit through anything, but the regular ones won't transmit over redstone wire placed on the floor. Could you implement it so they can transfer over redstone wire to reach the receiver? (essentially making them capable of transmitting through redstone wire but just this)
Hmm, I could make the transmitter check if it's an opaque cube or not. That should fix this.

snowyomen said:

Great mods!

although the Long-Distance transmitters seem pretty expensive... Don't think too much into it. I'm not an expert on the subject.

:RFlower:
Yeah, they're pretty expensive but I had it give you two at a time. I'll increase the number if more people think it should change.

bfree380 said:

I think this may have been asked in a previous thread of yours, but is there any way of having the trap doors open from a different way, say, depending on the direction you are facing when placing it??  Thanks, and great job on these mods!
I'm still looking into getting this fixed.

cMal said:

Did you delete meta-inf?

Watson 203 said:

cMal said:

I get something kind of like this. The tripwires are craftable but first of all the inventory slot they're in is fill with the wooden planks texture and when I try to place the my game freezes, then closes on me. I haven't tried the others incase it crashes my game again.
There is currently a bug with tripwire that displays it as a wooden plank, but it shouldn't be freezing. Is anyone else getting this?

porkbeef737 said:

I think that notch is trying a lot less harder on minecraft because you managed to put trapdoors before he did, tweet this to notch and he might pay you :iapprove:!! just like the betterlight mod! I thank you for the trapdoors. And 2 things if you reply, what are the IDs for the trapdoors, and can you quote this so it sends o my e-mail? thanks!

Schleprock said:

May I ask which block ID's each mod uses?
I am getting some compatibility issues, and I think the cause is shared block IDs with Nandonalt's mods.

Edit: Looks like the only compatibility issue I have is with the TrapDoor.
Sucks because thats the one I was looking forward to the most.
Sorry about that, I'll update the main post with the blockIDs soon. And I still have to change all these mods to allow people to change the blockID manually.

Q009
    Q009

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:17 PM

Crashes when I try place glasslight :[
I have ModLoader of course, sound mod enabler, tooManyItems and Minecarts Advanced mods installed.
I want this mod so much D:
Regs.

EDIT:
DOH I didn't notice that I had to install the Block IDs+ mod ^^

Teagualicious

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:26 PM

djoslin said:

Teagualicious said:

Diagram of setup:

:Diamond:  []  []  []  []  []  []  :Logs^:
:Lava:  []  []  []  []  []  []  :)

:Leaves: = transmiter
:SSSS: = reciever

Well, you're making an infinite loop of updates happen. Each time a block near the transmitter/receiver updates, it resends the signal. So you're making it send a signal nonstop, something java doesn't like. I can look into fixing this bug.

I can certainly understand that, but it does happen before I put current to one of them.

You can probably tell I have little idea what I'm talking about. :3