• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft Land Generator

automatic chunk generation 2 years old!

• Please log in to reply
1241 replies to this topic

Poll: MLG Question: (517 member(s) have cast votes)

What is the biggest world you have generated? (Choose the closest number)

1. 1,000,000 x 1,000,000 (or bigger) (122 votes [23.60%])

Percentage of vote: 23.60%

2. 500,000 x 500,000 (11 votes [2.13%])

Percentage of vote: 2.13%

3. 200,000 x 200,000 (9 votes [1.74%])

Percentage of vote: 1.74%

4. 100,000 x 100,000 (11 votes [2.13%])

Percentage of vote: 2.13%

5. 50,000 x 50,000 (20 votes [3.87%])

Percentage of vote: 3.87%

6. 20,000 x 20,000 (31 votes [6.00%])

Percentage of vote: 6.00%

7. 10,000 x 10,000 (48 votes [9.28%])

Percentage of vote: 9.28%

8. 5,000 x 5,000 (53 votes [10.25%])

Percentage of vote: 10.25%

9. 2,000 x 2,000 (14 votes [2.71%])

Percentage of vote: 2.71%

10. 1,000 x 1,000 (9 votes [1.74%])

Percentage of vote: 1.74%

11. I haven't used MLG yet! (Instead of picking this, Download MLG!) (189 votes [36.56%])

Percentage of vote: 36.56%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Morlok8k
    Morlok8k

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 677 posts
  • Minecraft: Morlok8k
  • Xbox:Morlok8k

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:06 PM

Java programmers wanted.  PM me if you are interested in helping the GUI development of MLG. - Morlok8k Feb. 7th, 2013

1.7.3 has been released!

Before MLG:

Posted Image

After MLG:

Posted Image

Visit the New Minecraft Land Generator website!

https://sites.google.com/site/minecraftlandgenerator/

Check out my Nether/End Generation Server Mod made just for MLG!

Why Use Minecraft Land Generator?
1. World maps - a nice square map looks much better then the wandering strips made by people.
2. Multiplayer - Server Load: generating new terrain when walking around is the biggest stress on minecraft servers, especially when multiple people are doing it at the same time.
3. Singleplayer - similar to server - the game runs faster when its not generating new terrain.
4. Testing settings on mods that change the terrain - like bigger biomes, more water, etc.
5. etc...

Screenshot:

Posted Image

MLG 1.7.0 Running on Windows XP

DOWNLOAD:
Direct

Page

Using Bukkit?
You probably want a Bukkit Plugin...  Try this:  http://forums.bukkit...1-9-1337.30238/
MLG only works with the main world (not plugin-based/multiworld worlds.)

Posted Image All Donations will go into the New Server Fund (or the Ramen Noodle Fund! Posted Image) to help me update my ancient server hardware.  Total collected as of 10/22/2012: USD$42.60.
*Thanks to: Mr. P, Mr. Y, Mr. D, Mr. F, and Mr. R!

I also take BitCoin: 1MLGj1AX67y4QBtQ6xuwqrRUCPTBY228aC
Total collected: ฿0.00BTC as of 7/27/2012

(I'll keep developing this project and supporting users as long as there is interest / usefulness, not because of donations or ad-links.)
------------------------------------------------------------

well...  MinecraftLandGenerator has been brought back to life.
see the old locked forum here

MLG 1.0.0

Thank you Corrodias, for originally creating this program!
Also, thanks to Ancient for JNBT 1.1, without this, this program wouldn't exist!

It works with every official Minecraft server released (except for some buggy 1.9 beta pre-releases), and most likely future versions, barring any major changes...

(Currently has issues with Windows XP, however. (XP needs Java 1.7))

let me know if you have issues!

Click here for example config files, or look down a few posts.

Compatibility:
MLG works with all official minecraft server's.
It also works with Bukkit, on the standard world/nether (but not multiworld).
It works with Biome Terrain Mod / Phoenix Terrain Mod.
It works with every server mod I've tried.
It worked with hmod back in the day.

It works on all Operating Systems as it is written in Java.

NOW WORKS ON WINDOWS XP:  SEE THIS POST FOR THE FIX   (REQUIRES JAVA 1.7)

Spoiler:

I recommend Java 1.7, if you can install it.
I do not recommend Open Source versions of Java like OpenJDK.

64bit Windows: Install both 32bit and 64bit Java!  (this will avoid problems with MLG and other Java programs)

Readme:
Spoiler:

NOTE: You may see Minecraft Land Generator on many sites when searching Google.
THIS, THE ABOVE WEBSITE, AND GITHUB (where the downloads are hosted) ARE THE ONLY PLACES I'VE POSTED MLG!!!!
Multiple sites like softpedia and others search the internet and find programs and add them to their sites.

Keywords: minecraft land generator generate generators minecraftlandgenerator landgenerator world chunk chunks map automatically automatic level editor biome terrain mod phoenix MLG BLG bukkit Expand bukkitlandgenerator expand expander bigger big google maps mcedit cartographer mcmap overviewer

Minecraft Land Generator  |   Memory issues? Try this:  java -Xincgc -Xmx1024M -Xms512M -jar Minecraft.jar
"We must be that generation that stands athwart history yelling: 'Hey, jackass, get your government off my freedom!'" - Jason Mattera

Register or log in to remove.

Morlok8k
    Morlok8k

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:50 PM

Updated Basic Steps:  (Current as of MLG 1.6.0)

After it's been set up, only Run_MLG_(xxx).xxx needs to be run.

First usage needs a world, and a server set up. This is what the following instructions do:

Windows:
(Note:  I recommend Java 7.  On 64bit computers make sure you install both the 32 and 64 bit versions.)
Download the latest .zip file
Extract files somewhere.
open the MinecraftLandGenerator folder.

doubleclick "Update_MLG_(Windows).cmd"
- let it run.

doubleclick "Update_Server_(Windows).cmd"
- let it run.

doubleclick "Run_Server_(Windows).cmd"
- let it run. after it says "Done":
- type (without quotes): "stop"

doubleclick "Run_MLG_(Windows).cmd"
- let it run.
- It is setup to make a 2000x2000 map by default. edit the file before running to change this,

or remove "2000 2000" for MLG to ask you each time.

Mac:
download zip file. (it unzips automatically! - at least when using Safari)
open the download folder.
open the MinecraftLandGenerator folder.

doubleclick "Update_MLG_(Mac).command"
- click "Open" when the warning about being downloaded shows up.
- let it run.
- when it says "[Process completed]" click the red X in the upper left corner to close it.

doubleclick "Update_Server_(Mac).command"
- (same steps apply as before)

doubleclick "Run_Server_(Mac).command"
- click "Open" when the warning about being downloaded shows up.
- let it run. after it says "Done":
- type (without quotes): "stop"
- when it says "[Process completed]" click the red X in the upper left corner to close it.

doubleclick "Run_MLG_(Mac).command"
- (same steps apply as before)
- It is setup to make a 2000x2000 map by default. edit the file before running to change this,

or remove "2000 2000" for MLG to ask you each time.

Linux:
(Note: Notch recommends using Sun Java - but MLG and the Server run fine on the open source versions.  The Client, however may have issues without Sun Java)
The same basic steps (see the Windows instructions) apply.
Run in order:
"Update_MLG_(Linux).sh"
"Update_Server_(Linux).sh"
"Run_Server_(Linux).sh"
"Run_MLG_(Linux).sh"

I personally use terminal to start these.
open terminal

cd /your/MLG/folder
chmod +x *.sh

./Update_MLG_(Linux).sh
- OR -
sh "Update_MLG_(Linux).sh"

etc...

FAQ:

DOWNLOAD THE .ZIP FILE - THERE ARE SCRIPTS READY MADE.
The following instructions are if you only download the .jar file.

Whats the point of this program, and why would i use it?
Many reasons:
1. World maps - a nice square map looks much better then the wandering strips made by people.
2. Multiplayer - Server Load: generating new terrain when walking around is the biggest stress on minecraft servers, especially when multiple people are doing it at the same time.
3. Singleplayer - similar to server - the game runs faster when its not generating new terrain.
4. testing settings on mods that change the terrain - like bigger biomes, more water, etc.  (Such as Biome Terrain Mod)
5. etc...

How do I use it?
If you understand how to manage a minecraft server, then this should be no problem for you.
use the command to autogenerate a config file. (or make it yourself if you want)
In the config file, you have your (custom) server launch command
You need to have launched your world at least once with your custom command, so MLG can read the files.
run the generator with the size you want, and you can add -v after the numbers if you want verbose output.

Step 1. Download the most current .zip file
Step 2. Extract it all to a folder.
Step 3. Download the current server, and save it in the folder.

Only for an existing world:
Step 4a. Copy your world to the folder.
Step 4b. In "server.properties" look for "level-name=world" and change "world" to the name of your world

Step 5. Double click on "Run_Server_(xxxxxxx).xxx"  (the one you click is dependant on your operating system.)
Step 6. Does everything look good? did your server launch with the correct world?
Step 7. Type "stop" (without the quotes) in the server's window.

Step 8. Edit "Run_MLG_(xxxxxxx).xxx" and change the two "1000"'s to whatever size you want.
Step 9. Double click on "Run_MLG_(xxxxxxx).xxx"
Step 10. MLG will run.

How do I use it? (Simple Steps)
Step 1: download this program.
Step 2: make a new folder for the server if you don't already have a server.
Step 3: put this program in that folder.
Step 4: open a command prompt / terminal
Step 5: navigate to this folder using "cd"

SINGLEPLAYER ONLY:
For a new world skip to Step 8....
Step 6: move your existing world (Older worlds before the 1.3 update will not mesh nicely with existing chunks.) to this folder.
Step 7: rename your world folder to "world"

MULTIPLAYER ONLY:
Are you already running a server? Shut it down and skip to step 9....
Step 8: download the minecraft_server.jar

Step 9: run this command:  java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.jar nogui
Step 10: once it says "[INFO] Done" type: stop
Step 11: now run this: java -jar MinecraftLandGenerator.jar -conf
Step 12: run this: java -jar MinecraftLandGenerator.jar 1000 1000
Step 12a: if it says starting server, but never does anything after - it wont work on your computer. go to your task manager and kill both java processes.
Step 13: if it does work, change both 1000's to something bigger like 6000.  that is how many blocks in either length or width.   keeping the two numbers the same will make a square.
NOTE:  Dont get crazy here!  20000 x 20000 will make a 6+GB world! (and take at least 6+ hours on fast/new hardware)  (10000 x 10000 makes a world almost 2GB in size.)

Step 14: if you were doing a single player map, rename it back to what it was and move it back to the saves folder.

DONE!

Using Windows?
You can make two batch files that make the config file, and run the program instead of using the command prompt.  These work for 32 and 64 bit Windows. If using XP, be sure to remove NOGUI from the config file.
Note: This is for 64bit windows that have the 32bit java installed (many computers).  These files are not necessary if you have 64bit Java installed - it will work normally!

clc02 said:

If you are using a 64 bit version of windows then save this as a .bat in the same directory as the .jar, and instead of going through the command prompt run it instead

for the config file:
@ECHO OFF
IF /I "%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE:~-2%"=="64" "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -jar "MinecraftLandGenerator.jar" -conf
IF /I "%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE:~-2%"=="86" java -jar "MinecraftLandGenerator.jar" -conf

PAUSE

To generate:
@ECHO OFF
IF /I "%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE:~-2%"=="64" "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -jar "MinecraftLandGenerator.jar" 100 100
IF /I "%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE:~-2%"=="86" java -jar "MinecraftLandGenerator.jar" 100 100

PAUSE

Edited by Morlok8k, 18 January 2013 - 12:54 AM.

Minecraft Land Generator  |   Memory issues? Try this:  java -Xincgc -Xmx1024M -Xms512M -jar Minecraft.jar
"We must be that generation that stands athwart history yelling: 'Hey, jackass, get your government off my freedom!'" - Jason Mattera

Domino
    Domino

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1406 posts
  • Minecraft: Domino

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:31 PM

Could you kinda make a little tutorial on how to set this up? The readme isn't doing much justice and i really need this generator.

Posted Image

Morlok8k
    Morlok8k

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:58 PM

Domino said:

Could you kinda make a little tutorial on how to set this up? The readme isn't doing much justice and i really need this generator.

read the old locked forum:  it has a lot of info about it.
http://www.minecraft...art=60#p1299186

basically you run your server once to create a world:
java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.jar nogui

then you run MLG with -conf to autocreate the default config file:
java -jar MinecraftLandGenerator.jar -conf

then you run MLG with the size of the map you want:  (this does 1000 blocks by 1000 blocks (actually slightly bigger) around your spawn)
java -jar MinecraftLandGenerator.jar 1000 1000

AND YES, IT WILL WORK WITH AN SINGLE PLAYER MAP.  Just move the world folder and name it correctly.

Morlok8k
    Morlok8k

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 12:59 AM

Example MinecraftLandGenerator.conf Files:

Standard Original/Vanilla
java=java -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -jar minecraft_server.jar nogui
serverpath=.
Done_Text=[INFO] Done
Preparing_Text=[INFO] Preparing spawn area:
OR, IF YOU USE WINDOWS, YOU CAN DO THIS:
java=Minecraft_Server.exe
serverpath=.
Done_Text=[INFO] Done

Optimized Vanilla:
java=java -client -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+UseAdaptiveGCBoundary -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=500 -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -XX:SurvivorRatio=12 -Xnoclassgc -XX:UseSSE=3 -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -jar minecraft_server.jar nogui
serverpath=.
Done_Text=[INFO] Done

Hmod/Hey-O  (outdated, i know)
java=java -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar Minecraft_Mod.jar nogui
serverpath=.
Done_Text=[INFO] Done

Bukkit (Bukkit + MLG currently has Issues with XP)
java=java -Djline.terminal=jline.UnsupportedTerminal -Duser.language=en -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-snapshot.jar nogui
serverpath=.
Done_Text=[INFO] Done
BUKKIT REQUIRES: "-Djline.terminal=jline.UnsupportedTerminal -Duser.language=en"

BiomeTerrain Mod, Running with a vanilla SMP server (on windows)
java=java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -cp BiomeTerrain.jar;minecraft_server.jar net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer nogui
serverpath=.
Done_Text=[INFO] Done

BiomeTerrain Mod, Running with a vanilla SMP server (on linux/mac)
java=java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -cp BiomeTerrain.jar:minecraft_server.jar net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer nogui
serverpath=.
Done_Text=[INFO] Done

BiomeTerrain Mod, Running with Bukkit (on Windows) (Bukkit + MLG currently has Issues with XP)
java=java -Djline.terminal=jline.UnsupportedTerminal -Duser.language=en -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -cp BiomeBukkit.jar;craftbukkit.jar org.bukkit.craftbukkit.Main
serverpath=.
Done_Text=[INFO] Done

BiomeTerrain Mod, Running with Bukkit (on linux/mac) (Bukkit + MLG currently has Issues with XP)
java=java -Djline.terminal=jline.UnsupportedTerminal -Duser.language=en -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -cp BiomeBukkit.jar:craftbukkit.jar org.bukkit.craftbukkit.Main
serverpath=.
Done_Text=[INFO] Done

You can also change your options for java to suit your needs:   (This line is for Vanilla, and has better performance)
java=java -client -showversion -Xmixed -Xincgc -Xloggc:garbage.txt -Xmx1G -Xms128M -Xrs -Xss1024k -jar minecraft_server.jar nogui
serverpath=.
Done_Text=[INFO] Done

Best Performance: (that I've found so far)
java=java -client -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+UseAdaptiveGCBoundary -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=500 -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -XX:SurvivorRatio=12 -Xnoclassgc -XX:UseSSE=3 -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -jar minecraft_server.jar nogui
serverpath=.
Done_Text=[INFO] Done

SEE THIS FORUM FOR MORE INFORMATION ON TUNING JAVA

or like this (for windows)
java="%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -jar minecraft_server.jar nogui
serverpath=.
Done_Text=[INFO] Done

and 64-bit windows (running 32-bit java, as most people are):
java=%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -jar minecraft_server.jar nogui
serverpath=.
Done_Text=[INFO] Done

and as always, remove nogui, if you are running on 32-bit Windows XP.  (because Bukkit has no GUI mode, Bukkit has issues with XP 32-bit)

also, if you want to get real creative, you can change the serverpath so MLG doesnt have to be in the same folder...  but you will only need this in very advanced setups.

I'd like to hear any comments on how it worked for you: worked/didnt work, OS, Java version... etc.

Domino
    Domino

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1406 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:34 AM

I had a 1.2_01 server and that didnt work. I got the cfg file to generate and when i tried to do the last part the cmd  promt just loads for a second and vanishes. guess i'll wait for a fix for 1.3 =/

And the thing in your sig. Is it true? That didn't load for me either. lol

Posted Image

Morlok8k
    Morlok8k

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 05:39 AM

Edit: I have gotten MLG 1.3.0 to run on everything i've tried it on now.

Windows XP has a small glitch where you need to remove NOGUI from the config file.

Linux will only run from terminal, and not the real command line like a server or ssh connection.

Still not have tried a mac.  let me know if you do.

Have fun kids!

Morlok8k
    Morlok8k

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 06:17 AM

Domino said:

I had a 1.2_01 server and that didnt work. I got the cfg file to generate and when i tried to do the last part the cmd  promt just loads for a second and vanishes. guess i'll wait for a fix for 1.3 =/

What OS are you running?  MLG 1.3.0 is verified to work on Windows 7 so far.

as for the thing in my sig, "java -Xincgc -Xmx1024M -Xms512M -cp Minecraft.jar net.minecraft.LauncherFrame"

-Xincgc enables the garbage collector.  It can potentially slow down a java program by 10%, if its not needed.  But if you have memory issues like Minecraft crashing frequently - this will keep it stable, and run faster.  also, the 1024 and 512 are default values and should be modified to reflect your own system.  Anyways, it helps some computers but hurts others.

Domino
    Domino

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1406 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 06:40 AM

Morlok8k said:

Domino said:

I have w7 x64. idk why it isn't working =/

Posted Image

Morlok8k
    Morlok8k

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:09 AM

Domino said:

Morlok8k said:

Domino said:

I have w7 x64. idk why it isn't working =/

make a new text file.  open it.
add the following:
java -version > info.txt
dir /b >> info.txt
java -jar MinecraftLandGenerator.jar 100 100 -v >> info.txt
save it.
rename that text file:   test.bat
run it by double clicking on it.

this will make a file called info.txt
open it and post the results

Calistas
    Calistas

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:58 PM

Beta 1.3 server
Ubuntu 10.10
java version "1.6.0_20"

It worked perfectly !

Thank you very much Morlok8k !
I will try later with BiomeTerrainMode, but it should work fine too with it.

Domino
    Domino

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1406 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 05:18 PM

Morlok8k said:

Domino said:

make a new text file.  open it.
add the following:
java -version > info.txt
dir /b >> info.txt
java -jar MinecraftLandGenerator.jar 100 100 -v >> info.txt
save it.
rename that text file:   test.bat
run it by double clicking on it.

this will make a file called info.txt
open it and post the results

My results. Keeps showing that it cant find some class files.
http://pastebin.com/ndycK645

Posted Image

Morlok8k
    Morlok8k

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:07 PM

Domino said:

You are using Minecraft_Server.exe

use the Minecraft_Server.jar

that should fix your problem!

Morlok8k
    Morlok8k

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:09 PM

Calistas said:

Beta 1.3 server
Ubuntu 10.10
java version "1.6.0_20"

It worked perfectly !

Thank you very much Morlok8k !
I will try later with BiomeTerrainMode, but it should work fine too with it.

thanks for the input!  (nice world, btw - what did you use to create the image?)

by the way, did you use terminal in the GUI, a ssh window or just the plain command line (no GUI at all)?

Domino
    Domino

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1406 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:42 PM

Morlok8k said:

Domino said:

but isnt the jar for linux?

Posted Image

Morlok8k
    Morlok8k

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:50 PM

Domino said:

Morlok8k said:

Domino said:

but isnt the jar for linux?

yes/no.  the exe is windows only.  the jar will run on anything that has java - windows, mac, linux, etc.
also, the jar is used for mods and other scripts and stuff because its much more flexible.

Domino
    Domino

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1406 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:52 PM

Morlok8k said:

yes/no.  the exe is windows only.  the jar will run on anything that has java - windows, mac, linux, etc.
also, the jar is used for mods and other scripts and stuff because its much more flexible.

got it working i think. you didn't say you had to have the server open when doing it XD. I kept it open and ran the bat and now it's actually taking longer and it's doing something lmao.

now my map is 27mb! yay it worked!

thanks man for being patient with me haha.

nvm i dont have to keep it open. 1st try it failed, 2nd time was with the server up and it worked. now im adding on and i had to keep it closed. Oh well lol at least its working.

Posted Image

Morlok8k
    Morlok8k

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:07 PM

Domino said:

Morlok8k said:

got it working i think. you didn't say you had to have the server open when doing it XD. I kept it open and ran the bat and now it's actually taking longer and it's doing something lmao.

now my map is 27mb! yay it worked!

thanks man for being patient with me haha.

nvm i dont have to keep it open. 1st try it failed, 2nd time was with the server up and it worked. now im adding on and i had to keep it closed. Oh well lol at least its working.

yeah you cant keep the server running, unless you copy everything and do it on another computer, then copy the world back.

happy to help!

oh and about the thing in my sig, that too needs the launcher .jar file - which is why it probably didnt work for you!

Calistas
    Calistas

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:05 AM

Morlok8k said:

thanks for the input!  (nice world, btw - what did you use to create the image?)
by the way, did you use terminal in the GUI, a ssh window or just the plain command line (no GUI at all)?
The image was created with mcmap + Donkey Kong's biome extractor, I reduced the quality of the picture to upload it.
For generating my map I used terminal in the GUI (GNOME), after launching server once I just copy/past the two command line for generating config file and the one to generate map and it ran well.

Morlok8k
    Morlok8k

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:42 AM

Calistas said:

The image was created with mcmap + Donkey Kong's biome extractor, I reduced the quality of the picture to upload it.
For generating my map I used terminal in the GUI (GNOME), after launching server once I just copy/past the two command line for generating config file and the one to generate map and it ran well.

cool, I'll have to check that out!