Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Lag spot in my world.

lag spot freeze

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

ravager26

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:34 PM

Ok basically I have spot in my world where minecraft will nearly freeze. It's so bad that sometimes I have to "end program" just to exit it. This problem has been around since around 1.4.6 but it is not a version problem. It is only one specific area and it is kind of big seeing as how it is pretty close to a few of my "cities" but it has nothing to do with how much stuff I've built. I could go to the center of my redstone town and be perfectly fine and that's a place made up of a bunch of redstone powered creations. Wont lag at all there. It's only when I start to go towards this one specific spot that the game lags.

The area used to be a spot where some water got really messed up, the water was blown up with a lil' bit of TNT and a crater was left for water to fill. So basically there were all these miniature waterfalls and water currents. The waterfalls weren't even that tall though, no more than 8 blocks tall.

I've tired fixing it using Mcedit, first I went in and filled that whole area (the messed up water plus a perimeter since I had to select a big enough area to get all the water spots) with dirt. Nothing happened, it still lagged to near freezing proportions. Then I went back in and just deleted the whole chunk and filled it back in with a new chunk, still nothing. So then I tried deleting the chunk and not even replacing it, and still no change, it still froze.

This doesn't happen anywhere else, minecraft doesn't even lag anywhere except for this spot in which it practically freezes, it's really not that close to my redstone city, I'm not using any mods, have like 3gigs of ram goin to MC, newest version blah blah blah. Everything is tip top shape besides this.

If anyone has an idea how to help me I'd greatly appreciate it. Let me know if more info is needed or if I should post my world. (dunno how to do that but ill figure it out or sumthin)

Register or log in to remove.

ravager26

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:31 PM

Did I not fill this thing out correctly or is more info needed? If so ask. Help ME, help YOU, to help me.

Roosteroid
  • Minecraft: Roosteroid
  • Xbox:Nope.

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

What type of things do you have in the Redstone City? Are there clocks and stuff? - They're super lag inducing.

Try this, if it doesn't work PM me and Ill try and help again. :D

Solution One:
1. Go into your .minecraft folder and into saves.
2. Find your world name.
3. Copy and paste the laggy world into the same folder (basically duplicating it).
4. Go into your game and try the new world.

Solution Two:
Just don't go near that chunk.

ravager26

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:32 PM

In the Redstone city theres a dance club where the floor is redstone lamps that blink in different patterns and then theres a decently sized mob spawning tower. But it doesn't lag in the city, only this chunk that used to have messed up water blocks. The lag spot is actually closer to a different city that I built but, there's nothing intense at all in there, it's just a small cave and a few small houses and ticket booths.

ravager26

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:31 PM

So can someone help or something? I would really like to keep playing without having to restart and it needs to be fixed because its in the path to two of my towns.

ravager26

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:35 AM

Ok, so first of all, thanks to no one for helping. Second, in case anyone else ever has this problem, go into your world with MCedit and delete the chunk and or refill it. If that doesn't work, like it didn't for me, then try filling the entire chunk with any block type (not water or lava or etc. it has to be an actual block) and then delete whatever you don't need from it. I filled the entire chunk in netherrack and then deleted the giant tower of netherrack that was left behind and it worked for me.

EthanBeta2
  • Minecraft: EthanBeta2
  • Xbox:Ethan Beta2

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:03 PM

I dont know if this is a similar problem, but i feel your pain. Here is what i discovered about some similar areas on my server.
When you hit F3+shift, you get the pie chart. I dared to go into one of the "unstable" areas. I found out that "root.tick.gameMode.checkLight.checkPosition < toCheckCount" is the issue. After several minutes of freezing, i got out and saw the "tick" part of the graph was huge. So i hit 1. Then same with gamemode, and check light, and finally checked position < to check count was as deep as it went. That took up like 82 percent of EVERY process. Its usually way lower. I do see a crater int he area i lag. I cant explore it though. IF you want to see my server its 198.154.115.38:25565. Right now its a pvp server. Hope i helped with this issue. :D
Oink... Oink... Pig! Stop being annoying! ...Oink... I MEAN IT!  Oin- 'Stabs pig with fire-aspect sword' OINK-OINK-OI-OINK-OINK-OIN-O-OINK!!!!!! 'Stabs self with fire-aspect sword' (Like if you find pigs annoying! I'd like to know!)

Ritter_Kaldor
  • Minecraft: 00Rony

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:28 PM

View Postravager26, on 15 August 2013 - 08:35 AM, said:

Ok, so first of all, thanks to no one for helping. Second, in case anyone else ever has this problem, go into your world with MCedit and delete the chunk and or refill it. If that doesn't work, like it didn't for me, then try filling the entire chunk with any block type (not water or lava or etc. it has to be an actual block) and then delete whatever you don't need from it. I filled the entire chunk in netherrack and then deleted the giant tower of netherrack that was left behind and it worked for me.

If u upload u map i will tray to fix the problem for u. (Flowing water some times little tricky to fill even in MC-Edit.)
Some Questions before:
- Use u an Vanilla ore Moded Minecraft?
- What is u Version of Minecraft? (for my to test if the problem gone)
- Play u on Server (Wat Server) or on Singelplayer Minecraft?

P.s.: I dident see u post befor thats way i answer now.