• Please log in to reply
696 replies to this topic

Greymerk

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:09 PM

POPULAR

Greymerk's Roguelike Dungeons

Released: July 31st, 2013
Last Updated: Feb 28th, 2014

This mod is inspired by super-hostile maps and roguelike dungeon crawlers. With the added insanity of destructible/buildable terrain. Fundamentally the gameplay is vanilla, with the changes mainly being to the world generator.

Posted Image

This mod:
  • Adds randomized maze-like dungeons riddled with monsters, spawners and phat lewtz.
  • is available for vanilla client, server and forge.
  • is meant to be played on hard, but scales down for lower difficulties
Latest changes
  • Changed dungeon spawning algorithm to be a bit smarter
  • Added a configuration for multiple dimension spawning
  • Added configuration to adjust rate of mob loot drops (only for roguelike spawned mobs)
  • Added configuration to remove all precious block spawn (lapis, emerald, diamond, gold)
  • still more general loot tweaking
Download:

Forge version
1.6.4 forge v1.3.0
1.7.2 forge v1.2.9

Minecraft Jar Mod (not forge compatible)
1.6.4 client v1.3.0
1.6.4 server v1.3.0

1.7.2 client v1.2.9
1.7.2 server v1.2.9

Installation:

Stand-alone type install.- use 7zip or some other jar editor to update the minecraft jar with the mod files- delete meta-infif you're playing single player you'll need to create a version under your launcher to log into the game with. Forum post on how to do this here:http://www.minecraft...ng-mods-in-161/

Configurations:

Spoiler:

Modpacks

Go for it, consider this open permission.

Webpage: http://dungeons.homelinux.org/
GitHub: https://github.com/G...craft-roguelike
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Greymerk
Twitter: https://twitter.com/greymerk

Register or log in to remove.

ExcalibursZone

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:14 PM

Does this need Forge? Mod Loader? What's its compatibility with other mods?

Greymerk

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:19 PM

View PostExcalibursZone, on 02 July 2013 - 04:14 PM, said:

Does this need Forge? Mod Loader? What's its compatibility with other mods?

It's a stand-alone mod. Just load it into a jar and you're good to go.

It should only conflict with another mod that replaces basic mob spawner logic. If you run into compatibility issues let me know. If there's enough interest I may make it forge compatible or whatever it is people want.

ExcalibursZone

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

Thanks. I think a forge-compatible version would be most appreciated.

What is your stance on adding your mod to mod packs if compatibility issues are low? Just curious since I'm going to test the mod out with some others and possibly run a private, invite-only, server with it added if I like it.

Chaosscientist

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

As a fan of Roguelikes, I'd love to see this Forge compatible since Forge just got released for 1.6.1
Scream, Aim, Fire!

Greymerk

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:40 PM

View PostExcalibursZone, on 02 July 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

Thanks. I think a forge-compatible version would be most appreciated.

What is your stance on adding your mod to mod packs if compatibility issues are low? Just curious since I'm going to test the mod out with some others and possibly run a private, invite-only, server with it added if I like it.

I'm totally cool with having it added to mod packs. This is almost exclusively a world gen mod that uses vanilla items and blocks. I suspect there won't be much in the way of compatibility issues. Aside from removing ore from terrain generation.

The other "problem" could be that it depends on a world type, but that can be removed for mod packs.

who885
    who885

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • Minecraft: Who885
  • Xbox:Who885

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:41 PM

pictures please?
[url=

Greymerk

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:01 PM

View Postwho885, on 02 July 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

pictures please?

I added a few screenshots

estradus
  • Minecraft: estradus

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:28 PM

Wow, this is really fantastic; I've been looking for mods like this for ages.

Do you have any changes planned for the future? Maybe adding more room types and more traps in the dungeon code generation, maybe something where every sort of material can be found underground, even some dirt/grass rooms or sand rooms or swamp rooms and you can basically try to live and do everything entirely in the dungeons?

Is there / Can you add a configuration file to be able to add creatures from other mods to the spawners, and put in extra loot from other mods in the dungeon rewards? Prehaps even give some ability to make your own rooms for the dungeons?

All that is probably fantastically complicated, so I'm just throwing my ideas out there... If you could manage the configuration parts, it would basically turn this mod into a must-have for me. In the meantime, its just fairly desirable... Which still means its an excellent piece of work! (assuming its forge compatable. I can't test now, but I would be pretty bummed if it edits similar files or the like.)
Posted Image

Greymerk

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

View Postestradus, on 02 July 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

Wow, this is really fantastic; I've been looking for mods like this for ages.

Do you have any changes planned for the future? Maybe adding more room types and more traps in the dungeon code generation, maybe something where every sort of material can be found underground, even some dirt/grass rooms or sand rooms or swamp rooms and you can basically try to live and do everything entirely in the dungeons?

Is there / Can you add a configuration file to be able to add creatures from other mods to the spawners, and put in extra loot from other mods in the dungeon rewards? Prehaps even give some ability to make your own rooms for the dungeons?

All that is probably fantastically complicated, so I'm just throwing my ideas out there... If you could manage the configuration parts, it would basically turn this mod into a must-have for me. In the meantime, its just fairly desirable... Which still means its an excellent piece of work! (assuming its forge compatable. I can't test now, but I would be pretty bummed if it edits similar files or the like.)

Glad you like it.

I plan to add more rooms, yes. The room generation is modular, it's easy to add them, and i've recently created a set of tools that makes it easier.

Interesting idea... hopefully? I don't see why not.

I haven't done anything with forge yet. But i'm looking into it since everyone seems to want it. I don't think it'll be an issue to make it compatible. This is mainly a world gen mod and doesn't interact much with the core game.

Anthony20rty
  • Minecraft: Anthony20tyu

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:10 PM

I still in 1.5.2 could you downgrade it...but I understand if you cant and I apologize if so!

zachup100
  • Minecraft: zachup100

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:27 PM

Really good mod! I'm am going to set it up for my friends to join with me. Keep up the good work!
Posted Image

Subscribe to me! I do lot of Minecraft Stuff 2-4 Videos each vid

lolextraM

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:53 PM

Nice mod

exiledalchemist
  • Minecraft: JamesKushrinada

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:12 PM

I'm going to keep my eye on this mod until other mods are updated. I have a few ideas for a pack but want to wait and see if other mods that I want to use will work with it. I still wish there was a forge version for client/server of mcmmo. I think that it would add to the experience of this mod a lot.

Posted Image

benenazer

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

Congratz on the review from Ant.

Draco309
    Draco309

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:40 PM

Love the idea! One thing I would say though; I think you should make it generate around layer 50ish.

jmsox
    jmsox

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

I have a problem...
when i try to download it it tells me that the webpage has restarted and that the main source for the download has crashed.
how do i fix this? its my computer problem?Posted Image i wanna try off this mod!

Toystory30
  • Minecraft: LordVakar

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:50 PM

Nice mod! :D
Posted Image
Alchemist's RPG, the Dynalith Team's awesome WIP mod. Support us by clicking it! (I know you wanna!)

Dezitron
    Dezitron

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:12 PM

View PostGreymerk, on 02 July 2013 - 04:19 PM, said:

It's a stand-alone mod. Just load it into a jar and you're good to go.

It should only conflict with another mod that replaces basic mob spawner logic. If you run into compatibility issues let me know. If there's enough interest I may make it forge compatible or whatever it is people want.

I would assume this would also conflict to mods that affect the world's generation, like BWG4. Have you tested that?

Posted Image

Don't pirate. Pirates are bad. Ninjas are better.

DismalAmoeba
  • Minecraft: ConstantNexus
  • Xbox:Yeah...No.

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:52 PM

When I update, this is the first mod I will get as long as it's Forge compatible
Posted ImagePosted Image
Hey, guys. Quote me if you want me to respond. Otherwise I'll have no idea what the hell you want with me.
Friend Code: 1263-6258-8121 (Poison)
Friend Safaris: Poison: Swalot, Whirlipede, Seviper.