Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Resource Packs How to Make

how to make

  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1

dannyboy53
  • Location: Utah
  • Minecraft: dannyboy53

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:06 AM

to make a resource pack all you need to do is...

Step 1 : Make A folder Name It Whatever You Want In This Case I Will Use "Daniels Resource Pack" As An Example to Help You Better Understand

Step 2: Get A PNG Type Picture And put it in Your Resource Pack Folder And Name It "pack" (For Example  "Picture Name" Changes To "pack" And Goes To The Folder "Daniels Resource Pack" or Whatever You Named It)

Step 3:Copy This And Open Notepad and Paste This In Notepad And Save it on the resource pack folder You Made For Example "Daniels Resource Pack" and Be Sure To Name It "pack" And Make The File Type "mcmeta" (This Can Be Done By Changing The .txt to .mcmeta)  And Here's What You Need To Copy (Note You Can Put Anything For The Description just Make Sure Its Between The Quotation Marks)   :

{
  "pack": {
"pack_format": 1,
"description": "Daniels Resource Pack"
  }
}

Step 4:Go To .minecraft Folder (In Order To Go There Press Start and Search %Appdata%) and Then Go To The "Versions" Folder Then Enter The "1.6.1" Folder Then Open The 1.6.1.jar (With Either Winrar Or 7-Zip) Then Copy The assets Folder And Paste It On Your Resource Pack Folder ("Daniels Resource Pack")

Step 5:Go Back To The .minecraft folder (Press Start and Search %Appdata%) Then Find And Enter The Assets Folder (NOT THE ONE IN THE 1.6.1 JAR) once you in The Assets Folder (NOT THE ONE IN THE 1.6.1 JAR) Copy The Folders icons,music,records,sound and Then Go To Your Resource pack ("Daniels Resource Pack") Then Enter The Assets Folder (IN YOUR RESOURCE PACK) Then Enter The minecraft Folder In The (Assets Folder That's In The Resource Pack You Made ,"Daniels Resource Pack",) and Paste Those Folders in minecraft Folder (That's In The Assets Folder That's In The You Resource Pack Folder, "Daniels Resource Pack")

Step 6:While Your In The minecraft Folder (That's In The Assets Folder That's In The You Resource Pack Folder, "Daniels Resource Pack") People That Just Want To Change Texture You Folder Is The Textures
And People Who Want to Change The Sounds Read Step 7/People Who Want To Change In-game Music
Read Step 8/And People Who Want To Change Records Read Step 9

Step 7 (For People Who Want To Change Sounds):
Get Your Sound Effect And Convert It To The Format .ogg (You Can Do This Online At http://media.io)Then Go To The Minecraft Folder (That's In The Assets Folder That's In The You Resource Pack Folder, "Daniels Resource Pack") And enter The Sound Folder (For Your Convenience I will Use An Example) And Lets Says I Want To Change It To When A Villager Says Yes it Plays Jim Carry Saying "Alrightyyy Then" Well To Do That I Will Enter The "Mob" Folder Then Find The "Villager" Folder And Enter It And Find The "yes1,yes2,yes3," sounds and delete them and get my converted sound effect (Jim Carry Saying "Alrightyyy Then) And Make 3 Copy's Of Them Name 1 of them "yes1" The Other "yes2" And The Last "yes3" and now whenever A Villager Says Yes it Will Play My Sound. And That's How You Change Sounds

Step 8 For People Who Want To Change in-Game Music (The MusicThat Plays Randomly In The Game)
First Of All Convert Your Song To .ogg (You Can Do This Online At http://media.io It Is Going To Take A while With Big Songs) The Go To Your minecraft Folder (That's In The Assets Folder That's In The You Resource Pack Folder, "Daniels Resource Pack") And enter The "music" Folder and like Changing Sounds Delete The Original Then Put Your converted song there and name it the song that you have deleted  and If you Want change all the original songs so minecraft will always play a custom song you put and thats How You Change in-Game Music

Step 9 For People Who Want To Change Records
Ok What You Do Is Basically the same As changing in-game Music but in the records folder And Since Its Basically The Same i Wont Write How To Do It Cause Their Is To Much Writing But You Know So Just Do Step 8 But In The "records" Folder

Step 10:Once Your Done With Changing Sounds/In-Game Music/Records/Textures All You Do Is Take Your Now Completed Resource Pack Folder and put it in the "Resource Packs" Folder That's Inside The .minecraft Folder (Press Start and Search %Appdata%) Then Your Done!


Register or log in to remove.

#2

Hardmuscle
  • Minecraft: Hardmuscle

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:21 AM

Just make a texture pack as you normally would for 1.5 and then use the converter provided by Mojang, it's not really complicated as all you are doing is reassigning file locations to new folders, I wouldn't think a guide would be necessary with all the info on the wiki and help from Mojang.

All texture pack functionality has been incorporated into resource packs as of 1.6. All prior texture packs must first be converted to be usable by the game. A tool called Minecraft Texture Ender is available from Mojang to manually convert "unstitched" (1.5 compatible) texture packs to resource packs. "Stitched" packs, which are texture packs meant for versions prior to 1.5, must first be unstitched with Unstitcher. Converted packs function as texture packs when loaded in the game.

http://s3.amazonaws....extureEnder.jar

http://assets.minecr.../unstitcher.jar

http://www.minecraft...i/Resource_Pack
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

#3

Mfunn
    Mfunn

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Location: Frenchy
  • Minecraft: SupraNovae

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:38 PM

i did not quite get how can you change the sounds in 1.6.1. it clearly says in the new assets folder that you have to use a ressource pack for it.
i would simply like to remove some annoying sounds, and i couldnt get it to work as i did before in 1.5.2 (before i just removed the sound files like chestopen.ogg by a renamed empty txt file to the same file name chestopen.ogg; but now it seems the game will just crash if you use for example a chest with the renamed file in assets folder)
any help is appreciated

edit : used your link hardmuscle for my texture pack and it worked perfectly, still need to get rid of the annoying door/chest/rain/cave sounds and i'm all ready to dig holes

#4

microtavor5
  • Minecraft: microtavor5

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:59 PM

View PostMfunn, on 01 July 2013 - 01:38 PM, said:

i did not quite get how can you change the sounds in 1.6.1. it clearly says in the new assets folder that you have to use a ressource pack for it.
i would simply like to remove some annoying sounds, and i couldnt get it to work as i did before in 1.5.2 (before i just removed the sound files like chestopen.ogg by a renamed empty txt file to the same file name chestopen.ogg; but now it seems the game will just crash if you use for example a chest with the renamed file in assets folder)
any help is appreciated

edit : used your link hardmuscle for my texture pack and it worked perfectly, still need to change door/ chest/rain/cave sounds now and i'm all redy to dig holes
I did not try this but try using an audio editing program like audacity, open up the sound and make the sound silent, if the game doesn't see a sound or texture in your pack than it will use one of the default ones, this way you still "have" the sound but you don't hear it.

#5

Mfunn
    Mfunn

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Location: Frenchy
  • Minecraft: SupraNovae

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:06 PM

View Postmicrotavor5, on 01 July 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

I did not try this but try using an audio editing program like audacity, open up the sound and make the sound silent, if the game doesn't see a sound or texture in your pack than it will use one of the default ones, this way you still "have" the sound but you don't hear it.

yeah, it's pretty much the way i was using before as i said above, just made a renamed txt file into the ogg file with same name and position and it used it as a empty sound. problem is that now you cant do that with the new assets folder (it will do a ­ton of error messages in the devlopper console of the starter window and crash the game when you use an item with modified sound)

so where do i have to put the .ogg file in my ressource pack ? does it has to be a specific folder name and location ? (in the ressource .zip file)

#6

dannyboy53
  • Location: Utah
  • Minecraft: dannyboy53

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:29 PM

Mfunn you have to place your .ogg file in a specific folder like if you want to change the music disk "11" to a custom song you would delete the oringinal "11" and rename your .ogg file that you want to play 11 and replace it and then minecraft will use your song thats named 11 whenever it has to play music disk 11

#7

skyloverXD

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:15 PM

i cant make a resource pack because i cant make folders on my WINDOWS 7 computer only breifcase

:'(

#8

SeriousTurtles

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:22 AM

for some reason it works fine to change textures, but when I try to change music disks/records nothing happens, like when I put it in there is no music at all, anyone know what could be wrong?

#9

dannyboy53
  • Location: Utah
  • Minecraft: dannyboy53

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:06 AM

View PostSeriousTurtles, on 02 July 2013 - 02:22 AM, said:

for some reason it works fine to change textures, but when I try to change music disks/records nothing happens, like when I put it in there is no music at all, anyone know what could be wrong?
ok so all you have to do is delete the original song file like the original record disk "wait" then you would get the song file you to play (and make sure the sound file is .ogg  because if it isnt it wont work ok so moving on) and rename the song "wait" and put it in the same folder where the original was but now gone and now whenever you put the record disk "wait" minecraft will play play whatever matches "wait" meaning your song gets played and if you want heres a free online converter to convert your mp3 file to ogg http://media.io/

#10

JessiGamer
  • Minecraft: unknown1001

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:29 AM

You lost me at step 4. It makes no sense to me. Minecraft resource packs shouldn't be this complicated! :(

#11

BlueFireFarian

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:06 AM

View PostskyloverXD, on 01 July 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

i cant make a resource pack because i cant make folders on my WINDOWS 7 computer only breifcase

:'(
Then copy a folder from somewhere else and rename. it.  #nailedit

#12

SilverDarkBlade19

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:25 AM

This was helpful but it doesnt appear in my resource pack section?
Posted Image

#13

TwitterGirl1234
  • Location: PA
  • Minecraft: TwitterGirl1234

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:35 PM

How do you change the grey description under the name of the pack? (On the "resource packs" window.) I've got the name to work, but I can't get the description to change! Posted Image

EDIT: I got it to work.

#14

fixi6
    fixi6

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:50 PM

wow! Thanx
EnderCraftMan.com is the best server i have played on! Advice everybody to try!

#15

Jumping_Hamster

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:32 AM

one question, can i rename my records?
Changed them and i cant remember what record plays which song :S

#16

Itsoo1
    Itsoo1

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 651 posts
  • Location: Canada
  • Minecraft: Itsoo1

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:58 AM

I am working on a resource pack, but whenever I try implementing in-game music, it doesn't change. I made sure I did everything right (I named the folder to put them in "music" in the assets folder and I renamed the custom song to replace the original in an ".ogg" file) What am I doing wrong?

Posted Image


#17

oNeonLeono

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:17 PM

I am making a texture pack (Recource pack) and the "textures" folder shows the textures of a different texture (recource) pack. It shows the "Thornhearts 32x32" but I want the default. Any help?

#18

Atm12397

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

View PostHardmuscle, on 01 July 2013 - 06:21 AM, said:

Just make a texture pack as you normally would for 1.5 and then use the converter provided by Mojang, it's not really complicated as all you are doing is reassigning file locations to new folders, I wouldn't think a guide would be necessary with all the info on the wiki and help from Mojang.

All texture pack functionality has been incorporated into resource packs as of 1.6. All prior texture packs must first be converted to be usable by the game. A tool called Minecraft Texture Ender is available from Mojang to manually convert "unstitched" (1.5 compatible) texture packs to resource packs. "Stitched" packs, which are texture packs meant for versions prior to 1.5, must first be unstitched with Unstitcher. Converted packs function as texture packs when loaded in the game.

http://s3.amazonaws....extureEnder.jar

http://assets.minecr.../unstitcher.jar

http://www.minecraft...i/Resource_Pack
There's a converter?! I've been doing it all manually lol.

#19

oNeonLeono

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

View PostJessiGamer, on 02 July 2013 - 04:29 AM, said:

You lost me at step 4. It makes no sense to me. Minecraft resource packs shouldn't be this complicated! Posted Image
It's not all that complicated. Just do these steps:
1. Go to your search bar/Start icon in the lower left corner of the screen and search "%appdata%
2. Open the folder called ".minecraft"
3. Click on "Recourcepacks" and then right click "Textures" (For some people the file "Textures" might not show up. If not, than just look up "Default textures minecraft" and download the default texture pack)
4. Copy the folder "Textures" and in "Recourcepacks" make a new folder. (Name the Folder what your texture pack will be called)
5: Inside of the folder you just created, paste the folder Textures" that you copied earlier.
6: Open up the textures in "paint" (Or whatever you use to edit photos/images) and have fun :D

#20

dannyboy53
  • Location: Utah
  • Minecraft: dannyboy53

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:41 PM

View PostoNeonLeono, on 30 July 2013 - 04:17 PM, said:

I am making a texture pack (Recource pack) and the "textures" folder shows the textures of a different texture (recource) pack. It shows the "Thornhearts 32x32" but I want the default. Any help?

simple just go to your start menu and  go to %appdata% andclick on the ".minecraft" folder And Go To The "versions" and then inside the "versions" folder go to the folder named "1.6.2" And enter it and open the "1.6.2" jar with some program (like winrar)then go to the assets folder (thats inside the 1.6.2 jar) and copy the textures folder then go to your resource pack folder (Whatever your named it) once inside your resource pack folder go inside the "assets" folder (thats inside your resource pack folder) once inside go into the "minecraft" Folder (thats insise the "assets" folder thats inside your resource pack folder) and delete the "textures" folder and paste the other "textures" (from the 1.6.2 jar) and thats it