• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

(1.7.2) Fossils and Archaeology mod: The Jurassic Park edition(JurassiCraft)SP+SMP!

dinosaurs notch minecraft prehistoric prehistoric mod jurassic park dinosaur fossils and archeology minecraft1.7.x jurassicraft

• Please log in to reply
751 replies to this topic

Kashmoney
  • Minecraft: Kashyapo

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:28 PM

Posted Image
(creds to Frod_stickit for the banner/signature)
Hey Everyone! My name is Kashyap and I'm part of a team that is currently building a 1:1 scale Jurassic Park map and I'm the mod coordinator and manager on the team. We have quite a few dinosaur mods on the map, but since there's many if one doesn't update as fast as we'd like it to, we'll be using an older version of the other mods, because we're being held back by that one single awesome mod.Check out the

video for the map- it's a bit old and it's not me speaking it's our team leader
[media][media]][/media

]And so I decided that although there's already a team updating the mod, they're taking too long and since the fossils and archeology mod is open source, I'd gather a team to help make a custom fossils mod that was geared towards more to dinosaurs than the current Revival version is.

Note: we will be using the fossils and archaeology open source code.

What I'm looking for:Coders- I need coders the most, experienced in coding for mods.

Please PM or comment below the position you want, experience, and skype name- if you have one.

Our very own wiki!:http://fossils-and-a...rk_Edition_Wiki

If you want to try out the current Revival version here's the linkhttp://www.minecraft...d-june-29-2013/

Check out out Raptorfarian's texture pack for the two mods:http://www.minecraft.../#entry23862267

Team so far:
Coders:
Head coder: iLexiconn
Coder- Nick_meyer
Coder- Ry_dog101
Coder- IHVD
Coder- Sinclair1234
Thislooksfun- coder

Texturers:
xXJurassXx(Robert) texturer
Me(Kashmoney)-texturer/manager
Captain_NA-texturer/head of map team
TheLieutenantGhost-texturer
Yourtwistedwords-texturer

Modelers
Darktrex-modeler
Jonagold-modeler
TheLieutentantGhost-modeler

Ex-members
Urstin
katsareawesome
Minertrog(Russell)
Dale
TrinityGamer
Tavitoes
Liam
Special thanks for the models and textures to:EXDragonith, Baku the Enderman, Thylaco, Curly_Wurly Jr, xDingo13, Trinity Gamer, Cyborx25, and Syxes
And we're still open for more people!

Edited by Kashmoney, 21 April 2014 - 06:11 PM.

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Urstin
    Urstin

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • Minecraft: Urstin

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:34 PM

This looks awesome. I can't code, or do anything useful like that, but I'm handy with Photoshop if you need a hand! Please don't throw the towel in on something as cool as this!

My skype is: ursto_z31

Kashmoney

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:26 PM

View PostUrstin, on 30 June 2013 - 04:34 PM, said:

This looks awesome. I can't code, or do anything useful like that, but I'm handy with Photoshop if you need a hand! Please don't throw the towel in on something as cool as this!

My skype is: ursto_z31

I'll keep you as a texturer I'll send your skype name to the map builder so you can help him with textures for his texture pack for the map. I would like you to go ahead and download the mod from the team that's currently managing it and I'd like you choose a Dino and create a new texture for it. Preferably based off of the texture shown in Jurassic park.Here's the URL to it http://www.minecraft...d-june-29-2013/
Posted Image

PaleoBird

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:30 PM

WOW..... that map..... its better than a quadrouple rainbow across the sky. The SECOND it is released I will download it and.... oh my god this is AMAZING! AMAZING WORK OF TRUE EPICNESS IN ITS MOST AMAZING FORM! Anyway we could get a sneak peek at the custom texure pack?

Kashmoney

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:16 AM

View PostPaleoBird, on 30 June 2013 - 10:30 PM, said:

WOW..... that map..... its better than a quadrouple rainbow across the sky. The SECOND it is released I will download it and.... oh my god this is AMAZING! AMAZING WORK OF TRUE EPICNESS IN ITS MOST AMAZING FORM! Anyway we could get a sneak peek at the custom texure pack?

You can actually get on the team if you advertise the mod to people and recruit coders for me, I'll give you the texture pack only if you agree to advertise for us. Also send me your skype name so I can further give you a role.
Posted Image

Kashmoney

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:11 AM

great news for everyone we're updating the mod to 1.6.2!!
Posted Image

heracles4

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:12 AM

Do you actually have a mod with dinosaurs in it and such?
If you like, or agree with my post, don't hesitate to click the green plus. It gives ME reputation, and YOU diamond.

Judge_Insecurity

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:55 AM

I love the idea! I saw this video awhile ago, and it really inspired me to make my own Isla Nublar Map.
Mine Island dimension's are around 2000 blocks by 2000 blocks, alot smaller then this one.
I asked permission from Captain Nordal Anderson if I could edit it's previous Texture Map from his first Jurassic Park Map pack, he said yes and explained me alittle about his plans for this Isla Nublar Project.

So if you'd like I could help out a little bit, depending how much detail you guys want, I only have experience in 16x16 textures, never tried a higher resolution.
I'm a Pixel-Artist, very experienced with Microsoft Paint, have been Pixeling since 2005 and actually have a youtube channel, but it's about Pokemon related Sprites, you could check it out if you need prove of my work. Channel-name is "JoeDutchCoast "
I could potentially try and advertise this project through my youtube channel, I have 700+ subs I think, I haven't uploaded anything in a year or something like that.
Here is one of my Hypercam video's, you can find more on my youtube channel.

The Fossil & Archeolegy Mod is getting some nice progress, are you guys sure to make your own version of the mod? I'm pretty sure they will get it to update to 1.6.2 pretty soon, and they added a decent amount of new dino's.
PaleoCraft is working on it's second wave of models if I'm right, alot more realistic models when you compare it with F/A mod.
I would keep my eyes on Paleocraft if I were you guys, especially if you aim for a more realistic look.

Ps: I have skype I dont have a working mic though, i'll send you my skype name if you want my help.

Kashmoney

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:55 PM

View Postheracles4, on 15 August 2013 - 03:12 AM, said:

Do you actually have a mod with dinosaurs in it and such?
yes we do, right now we're implementing electric fences

View PostJudge_Insecurity, on 15 August 2013 - 10:55 AM, said:

I love the idea! I saw this video awhile ago, and it really inspired me to make my own Isla Nublar Map.
Mine Island dimension's are around 2000 blocks by 2000 blocks, alot smaller then this one.
I asked permission from Captain Nordal Anderson if I could edit it's previous Texture Map from his first Jurassic Park Map pack, he said yes and explained me alittle about his plans for this Isla Nublar Project.

So if you'd like I could help out a little bit, depending how much detail you guys want, I only have experience in 16x16 textures, never tried a higher resolution.
I'm a Pixel-Artist, very experienced with Microsoft Paint, have been Pixeling since 2005 and actually have a youtube channel, but it's about Pokemon related Sprites, you could check it out if you need prove of my work. Channel-name is "JoeDutchCoast "
I could potentially try and advertise this project through my youtube channel, I have 700+ subs I think, I haven't uploaded anything in a year or something like that.
Here is one of my Hypercam video's, you can find more on my youtube channel.

The Fossil & Archeolegy Mod is getting some nice progress, are you guys sure to make your own version of the mod? I'm pretty sure they will get it to update to 1.6.2 pretty soon, and they added a decent amount of new dino's.
PaleoCraft is working on it's second wave of models if I'm right, alot more realistic models when you compare it with F/A mod.
I would keep my eyes on Paleocraft if I were you guys, especially if you aim for a more realistic look.

Ps: I have skype I dont have a working mic though, i'll send you my skype name if you want my help.

We aim to collaborate with Paleocraft and we're plenty sure that this is a good move on our part. don't worry about voice calls on skype we only use chat. so just PM me your skype.
Posted Image

Adenlee
    Adenlee

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:16 PM

So, have you even started on any new dinosaurs that were featured in media?(Movies, Game) Such as Tylosaurus, Troodon, Parasauralophus, and Gallimimus, because those were in media but not in the F/A revival mod, also, are you going to reskin any dinos to make them look more like they are from the flims/games?

Kashmoney

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:52 PM

yes, we currently  have 31 models to implement and we will make more. we are reskinning them all to make them look like the ones from JP
Posted Image

Kashmoney

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:59 PM

update: we are focusing heavily on electric fences, I wish I could show you guys, but our coder doesn't want it to be revealed yet.
Posted Image

raptorfarian
  • Minecraft: raptorfarian

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:02 AM

hey krashmoney, i've made some fairly decent jp textures for fossil and archaeology mod, they can always be improved though i was wondering if i could help out with the skins
find my skin packs for fossil and archaeology mod here and my models here
also support colored cultivators for this mod
Posted Image

preston320

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:43 PM

Dude, I would totally help you code on this. But the thing is I'm still pretty noobish in coding. But I could make a couple items and maybe a block and send it to you.
Posted Image

preston320

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:58 PM

This is a really cool mod! Actually ill do a mod review too!
Posted Image

Kashmoney

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:44 PM

View Postraptorfarian, on 24 August 2013 - 07:02 AM, said:

hey krashmoney, i've made some fairly decent jp textures for fossil and archaeology mod, they can always be improved though i was wondering if i could help out with the skins
yes of course I've sent you a pm about it

View Postpreston320, on 24 August 2013 - 01:43 PM, said:

Dude, I would totally help you code on this. But the thing is I'm still pretty noobish in coding. But I could make a couple items and maybe a block and send it to you.
coding experience doesn't matter here, as long as you can keep your commitment or even help us advance a little. I'll PM you or you can post your skype name and email here
Posted Image

Kashmoney

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:06 PM

Yay we are getting the limb animations down!
Posted Image

Epicdinoman123

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

If you want a simmiler mod just rename it, Please. Just... I won't use it unless the name changes. But NO dimension. That's the F/a revival team's job.

Judge_Insecurity

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:46 PM

View PostEpicdinoman123, on 26 August 2013 - 05:31 PM, said:

If you want a simmiler mod just rename it, Please. Just... I won't use it unless the name changes. But NO dimension. That's the F/a revival team's job.

If we remove the Fossil & Archeolegy name it would be offending towards the original creator "Flammarilva "
Who released his/her project as open source for everyone to edit.
Dimension's have been a minecraft thing since the start, the revival thing didn't start that.

You should stop telling us what we can and can't do, we arn't doing anything wrong.

MUSHROOMSOCK
  • Minecraft: Mushroomsock
  • Xbox:Is Horrible
  • PSN:Is Da Best!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:20 PM

I'm not going to instantly accuse you of copying, There is no proof yet.
Just try and let both mods exist in peace, or, a better idea! Make a content pack for the revival mod! That would avoid all confusion!
Posted Image
I would also reccomend that you check out the WIP Primal Craftage Mod: http://www.minecraft...rimal-craftage/