• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

PCAlex
    PCAlex

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:54 PM

I have no idea if this goes here, but how do I get to Offline Mode in the 1.6 Minecraft Launcher?
I run a blog (http://trollfacetech.wordpress.com) about techy crap. :)
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

The_Nanobots
  • Minecraft: Shadow_Darkrai

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:06 PM

You can only choose offline mode when you aren't connected to the internet.
The_Nanobots Law: If it doesn't make sense then it probably works.
Posted Image

PCAlex
    PCAlex

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:12 PM

Oh. That sucks... they should fix that. Oh well
Posted Image

BaccarWozat
  • Minecraft: Wozat

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:29 PM

Or you could just run the .jar if you know you're gonna play offline.

EDIT: I now have the new launcher, but 1.6.1 won't let me run the .jar by double-clicking. I have to go through the launcher no matter what. This isn't so bad, though; what irks me is they haven't implemented auto-closing the launcher when it starts the game yet. At least I get to play the game!
Posted Image

PCAlex
    PCAlex

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:07 PM

How do I choose offline mode for when I need it? I can't seem to find the option...
Posted Image

Bumber
    Bumber

Portal Expert

• Members
  • 5000 posts
  • Location: Loafing around like bread and growing binary trees.
  • Minecraft: rwilliams1990

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:57 AM

View PostMacModder, on 28 June 2013 - 11:12 PM, said:

Oh. That sucks... they should fix that. Oh well
Why? I don't see why you would need offline mode if you're connected to the internet.
Spoiler:
I lurk sometimes. I don't post anymore.

SparcMan
  • Minecraft: SparcMan

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:42 AM

No, I have a computer that is not connected to any network and has Minecraft on it (manually installed). There is no offline mode that I can tell. It says your password is wrong no matter what. I have two accounts and it won't accept either one (not that it should matter in offline mode as there is no way to authenticate anyways). I can launch 1.6 in offline mode just fine with Magic Launcher though, so you can use that as a workaround.
Try my mod Sparcs Tweaks
Better dungeon loot, bones in dirt, Witch hut loot, ect

MaiqTheLiar6

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:48 AM

View PostSparcMan, on 18 July 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

No, I have a computer that is not connected to any network and has Minecraft on it (manually installed). There is no offline mode that I can tell. It says your password is wrong no matter what. I have two accounts and it won't accept either one (not that it should matter in offline mode as there is no way to authenticate anyways). I can launch 1.6 in offline mode just fine with Magic Launcher though, so you can use that as a workaround.
If you have it downloaded through the launcher, and you play when it cannot connect to the internet, it automatically goes to offline mode.

Benzor1
    Benzor1

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:53 PM

I think for the moment you must at least login one time online to get the offline option.
I wish people would describe their problems exactly.

poryy
    poryy

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1066 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:56 PM

You have to buy the game.

Posted Image

Archibald_TK

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:01 PM

If you have a decent firewall this is what you can do to go offline when the Internet is on (this is what I do and I'm a very real paying customer). Note that this require an account and access to the Internet at least once:

- Install the game normally, create whatever profile you want using your password the normal way.
- Copy the Minecraft.exe and rename it into whatever you feel, like Minecraft-Off.exe for example.
- Tell your Firewall that you don't want Minecraft-Off.exe to have access to the Internet
- Launch the game with Minecraft-Off.exe instead of Minecraft.exe, you will see nothing changed, you can still see the profiles you created before (as your data is independent from the .exe itself) but you'll now automatically start up with offline mode available.
- At any point you can launch the game with the normal .exe if you want to connect to Mojang for an update or whatever.

I think for the moment you must at least login one time online to get the offline option.

You have to buy the game.
This gives access to offline mode, but won't let you use it if the Internet is on.

Posted Image.

Milocricket
  • Minecraft: Milocricket

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:10 PM

Just turn off your wifi.....
Hey, I wonder what happens if you click that little green arrow at the bottom right-hand corner of my post... try clicking it!Posted Image

Archibald_TK

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

I just learned about the new 1.1 launcher today and updated. It is no longer possible to play offline, at all. If your Internet is down, no Minecraft for you. Let's hope it's just me missing something obvious here.

Posted Image.

Benzor1
    Benzor1

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

That's not true as said before. You can play offline. But you must log in on time online to get the option. And not click on Logout in the launcher.
I wish people would describe their problems exactly.

snivell
    snivell

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Minecraft: snivell
  • Xbox:nope.

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

Simply turn off your internet when you log on. Then turn it back on. This is what I would do.
Need a high quality, cheap server host with packages ranging from 1gb to 32gb?
Try us out! - http://www.pureenter....com/index.html

Archibald_TK

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:08 PM

View PostBenzor1, on 18 July 2013 - 08:48 PM, said:

That's not true as said before. You can play offline. But you must log in on time online to get the option. And not click on Logout in the launcher.
This no longer work since launcher update 1.1.

Posted Image.

kmarkopl
    kmarkopl

Obsidian Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1399 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:24 PM

Well that is a bummer !! No offline play with the new launcher 1.1

Well that happen when I run off-line

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

coolfiter7
  • Minecraft: CoolFiter7

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:24 PM

In order to play offline you have to have had at least one online login, and after that either you have mistyped your username/password and/or have no online connection will you be able to play offline
If you are depressed, you are living in the past.
If you are anxious, you are living in the future.
If you are at peace, you are living in the present
        - Lao Tzu

Archibald_TK

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:04 AM

View Postcoolfiter7, on 18 July 2013 - 11:24 PM, said:

In order to play offline you have to have had at least one online login, and after that either you have mistyped your username/password and/or have no online connection will you be able to play offline
Did you try it with the new Launcher? Logging normally once no longer allow you to connect in offline mode after that. Now you can only type your password or select an existing user, and if you select an existing user while offline it will tell you that it can't log you in, it will then ask for your password, which of course will lead to it telling you that you must connect to the server.

Posted Image.

J4c03
    J4c03

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:09 AM

I am currently having the problem, as I play on my laptop on the road and tether to my phone for updates once in while, I can no longer play in offline mode quite a problem if I'm somewhere iI dont have a data connection on my cell phone.