• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.4/1.6.2/1.5.2/1.4.7] Energy Manipulation 1.1.10 - STABLE

forge feed the beast ftb 1.6.2 1.5.2 1.4.7 energy condenser energy manipulator compatible 1.6.4

• Please log in to reply
754 replies to this topic

Fisherpants

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

YES! It works with FTB, YogCraft, Technic, Vanilla, etc Posted Image
This mod adds the one thing which kept me from transitioning from Tekkit to FTB, the so called Energy Condenser (EE2) Posted Image.

IF THE MOD DOESN'T DETECT, SIMPLY UN-ZIP IT TO A FOLDER IN YOUR MODS FOLDER!

IF YOU GOT PROBLEMS WITH THE DOWNLOAD TAB OR ANY OF THE SPOILERS, CHANGE YOUR WEB BROWSER TO SOMETHING LIKE FIREFOX OR GOOGLE CHROME!

Asking Questions?
Spoiler:

Recipes
Spoiler:

How to use this mod
Spoiler:

Changelog
Spoiler:

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Videos
Spoiler:

Downloads
Spoiler:

Installation Instructions
Spoiler:

Troubleshooting
Spoiler:

Reporting Bugs
Spoiler:

Source
Spoiler:

Forks
Spoiler:

License
Spoiler:

Credits
Spoiler:

Posted Image

If you want to help me out, hit that button right there (Not the report, that's below, the one which is above this, the one which says "Donate" Posted Image)BTW, congratz on reaching the bottom of this post Posted Image
Have fun! Posted Image

Off-topic
Spoiler:

Register or log in to remove.

xGotCookiesx

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:04 PM

Great work! Works perfectly. How about mod support?

XVPlaer
    XVPlaer

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:13 AM

Does this mod give value to modded items like IC2 and TE items ?

Bellaabzug21

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:34 AM

Will you be adding more types of energy manipulation, possibly a way of generating power?
Beta Tester for Ars Magica and creator of Soaryn's Ascended. Check it out! https://plus.google....155226270671480

Mr_Toots
    Mr_Toots

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • Minecraft: kuni6669x
  • Xbox:DerpyDalekKrezz

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:47 AM

You are awesome

Fisherpants

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:08 AM

View PostXVPlaer, on 28 June 2013 - 04:13 AM, said:

Does this mod give value to modded items like IC2 and TE items ?

Yes, the config file contains editable EV's for every item and block possible (32000 in total :D), but since modpacks can change the item ids of items, a config file should be made specifically for that modpack :) But that's no hazzle for the awesome community :D

View PostxGotCookiesx, on 27 June 2013 - 10:04 PM, said:

Great work! Works perfectly. How about mod support?

Do you mean like values for IC2 items and such? If so, YES! :D

View PostBellaabzug21, on 28 June 2013 - 04:34 AM, said:

Will you be adding more types of energy manipulation, possibly a way of generating power?

You know what? That's a great idea! You thinking of something like: Produce EV -> Transform EV into IC2 energy (for instance)? And maybe the other way around too? Or is that a bit op? Though I will definately add it, Thanks :D

View Postkuniwolfox, on 28 June 2013 - 04:47 AM, said:

You are awesome

No you are awesome :D :D :D

Golrith
    Golrith

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:29 AM

You recreated the best block from EE2, and it's fully configurable! Excellent! Amazing!
EE2 could have been easily "balanced" if it was configurable.

Since I'm making a mod pack that excludes IC2, the only option I have for junk items is to void it. This allows me to have an alternate option.

Hope you've taking into accounts of the "exploits" people used in the original EMC system (dark rooms, milking cows, etc)
Custom Mod pack for 1.6.4 - Omega Dawn - limited space server available! Now with forum, sign up now!
Brings back survival to minecraft, with your favorite tech/magic/adventure mods plus more!

Fisherpants

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:06 AM

View PostGolrith, on 28 June 2013 - 07:29 AM, said:

You recreated the best block from EE2, and it's fully configurable! Excellent! Amazing!
EE2 could have been easily "balanced" if it was configurable.

Since I'm making a mod pack that excludes IC2, the only option I have for junk items is to void it. This allows me to have an alternate option.

Hope you've taking into accounts of the "exploits" people used in the original EMC system (dark rooms, milking cows, etc)

Yeah, trying to avoid all those exploits, that's also part of the reason why I made it configurable, so that people could avoid those exploits like the blaze powder generator :)

Golrith
    Golrith

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:58 AM

I take it then you can configure a value to zero if you wanted to? What happens to blocks the Manipulator does not know? Are they destroyed or ignored?
Custom Mod pack for 1.6.4 - Omega Dawn - limited space server available! Now with forum, sign up now!
Brings back survival to minecraft, with your favorite tech/magic/adventure mods plus more!

Zandorum
    Zandorum

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:26 AM

this needs to ignore all undefined things due to the ability of free Quantum Suits.

Fisherpants

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:29 AM

View PostZandorum, on 28 June 2013 - 10:26 AM, said:

this needs to ignore all undefined things due to the ability of free Quantum Suits.
It was a problem with the config i released this mod with, every other item and block should have a value of 0, not 1. I thought I fixed it, well thanks for making me aware of it, I'm working on a better system right now, so you can add the IDs you want and just delete the ones you don't want :)

View PostGolrith, on 28 June 2013 - 09:58 AM, said:

I take it then you can configure a value to zero if you wanted to? What happens to blocks the Manipulator does not know? Are they destroyed or ignored?
They are ignored :)

Nexey
    Nexey

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:58 AM

Hello Fisherpants ! First, this mod is AWESOME !!! Thank you alot. Then, I'm gonna make you a config file for metallurgy, simple ore, netherocks, and other stuff (TConstruct, etc...), and I'll give you a pastebin link of my config file. I'll never say it enough : good job !
I just realize that I have my custom modpack, so I don't have same ID as you. Sorry xD
Posted Image
Science b*tches!

Fisherpants

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:14 AM

View PostZandorum, on 28 June 2013 - 10:26 AM, said:

Fixed now :)

Golrith
    Golrith

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

Sweet. To keep things "sane" you should make it that the mod allocates a value of zero (or ingored) to all items, and then the config file is the list of value overrides.

Only issue that users should be aware is that the config file must be downloaded for the mod pack/server they are using.

Edit: Just noticed that new config file appears to be that way. Plenty of zero's in there, be interesting to see what you've zeroed.

Does that mean Zeroed items are destroyed or ignored?

Fisherpants

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:07 PM

View PostGolrith, on 28 June 2013 - 11:17 AM, said:

Sweet. To keep things "sane" you should make it that the mod allocates a value of zero (or ingored) to all items, and then the config file is the list of value overrides.

Only issue that users should be aware is that the config file must be downloaded for the mod pack/server they are using.

Edit: Just noticed that new config file appears to be that way. Plenty of zero's in there, be interesting to see what you've zeroed.

Does that mean Zeroed items are destroyed or ignored?
They're just ignored :)

View PostNexey, on 28 June 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

Hello Fisherpants ! First, this mod is AWESOME !!! Thank you alot. Then, I'm gonna make you a config file for metallurgy, simple ore, netherocks, and other stuff (TConstruct, etc...), and I'll give you a pastebin link of my config file. I'll never say it enough : good job !
Wow, thanks alot for all those words :) I'm actually 95% done with the vanilla config so you can work the crafting out from that one, like for instance an item has to be made from 1 mod item and 2 sticks, then you'll know how much the sticks are worth. WOW rambling xD

tattyseal
    tattyseal

Zombie Killer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 151 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

I reviewed it!

Fisherpants

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

View Posttattyseal, on 28 June 2013 - 12:21 PM, said:

I reviewed it!
[media][media]
OMG A HUGE THANK YOU!!!!! :D

Fisherpants

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:05 PM

View PostNexey, on 28 June 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

I just realize that I have my custom modpack, so I don't have same ID as you. Sorry xD
Ohh are the vanilla block and item ids changed in that pack?

Nexey
    Nexey

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

I'VE REALIZE THAT I'VE SCRATCH THE "First, this mod is awesome". IT'S A MISTAKE xD

View PostFisherpants, on 28 June 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

Ohh are the vanilla block and item ids changed in that pack?
No, only modded items, like copper from Tconstruct, which I had to change ID (for example).
I was wondering, can you make an extra option, that calculates all the items that are in game, and in the config file it will look like so :
For example, a copper with an ID of 500 will be calculate like so :

"energy values" {
item.ingotCopper; I:500=x* *(Default is 1)
↑ ↑ ID   ↑ The EV (which can be edit)
Here is the copper

Yes, it's a little more work for you, but if you can do that before launching the game, the mod calculates ALL the items in the game, by adding to the config file "item.ingotCopper; I:500=240" for each item, it'll be very cool.
Another example is to calculate tin, it'll add to the config file :

"energy values" {
item.ingotCopper; I:500=x
item.ingotTin; I:501=x
Then we just have to change the EV
NB : The colors are here just to show the differents part.

Because I don't understand anything of your config file xD
Posted Image
Science b*tches!

Golrith
    Golrith

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:29 PM

The config file is almost like your examples. First number is the ID, 2nd number is the EV value.
500=x
501=y