Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.2] Jeoffrey's Chamber Series [Fully voice-acted and crazy adventure!][Over 100k Downloads]

adventure map voice acting resource pack custom noxcrew production fun comedy funny music

  • Please log in to reply
332 replies to this topic

#61

Pauldg7
    Pauldg7

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 199 posts
  • Minecraft: Pauldg7

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:42 PM

You mentioned a kinda mod like the command block. Well I'm doing one better I've almost finished updating a mod called the speaker block mod(My other Developer and I re codded all except the Gui) It is currently with forge and on 1.5.2 but, we have almost completely finished it under forge like that in the future we might work on it differently. The old mod(Still has its old features) can be activated by redstone you set the volume, if it loops, stuff like that currently in the 1.5.2 version it gets the sounds from the world directory(Still buggy working on fixing it). If you have any input on the matter of what we should do next we can help you out with your problem of limited sounds.

Register or log in to remove.

#62

MegaScience

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:44 PM

Actually John, it turns out vanilla Minecraft 1.6.1 (And apparently previous versions) had a command called "playSound." I couldn't figure out how to play resource pack specific sounds yet (not enough documentation yet), but it can play almost any sound in the game with a ton of control.

Besides that, I can see a major point of them making this was that it was vanilla. You just downloaded a map, and the resource pack with it you just load over. I'd be pretty disappointed if the next one suddenly rolling back to an earlier version to use modifications.

Not answering for them, just my opinion.

#63

famousI
    famousI

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 23 posts
  • Minecraft: famousi0

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:16 PM

um is it supposed to be that short or did i screw something up xxD
Posted Image

#64

haloxmaster

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

Another word for the trailer for part two is Kinky.
if you still don't get it look up the words.

Posted Image


#65

Pauldg7
    Pauldg7

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 199 posts
  • Minecraft: Pauldg7

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:07 PM

View PostMegaScience, on 29 June 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

Actually John, it turns out vanilla Minecraft 1.6.1 (And apparently previous versions) had a command called "playSound." I couldn't figure out how to play resource pack specific sounds yet (not enough documentation yet), but it can play almost any sound in the game with a ton of control.

Besides that, I can see a major point of them making this was that it was vanilla. You just downloaded a map, and the resource pack with it you just load over. I'd be pretty disappointed if the next one suddenly rolling back to an earlier version to use modifications.

Not answering for them, just my opinion.
I have myself looked into this it let's you play an existing sound in the game so you only have the number of sounds you can change. Thus limiting how many sounds you have It would be very easy though to just make it do play sound and let it play any sound. Also they probably do have some way of doing this. I had found the mod and actually started to update it for an adventure map I am making. I had  started the mod before the resource packs were added in a pre-release I still plan on finishing the mod but also adding some of my own custom stuff so it is probably going to be more toward some blocks and items that are specifically good for adventure map makers, stuff like better customization shops, Unlimited sounds, more weapons and armor, prob a shield, and I might include an updated version of the outdated duel wielding mod.

Edit: You could also just use multiple resource packs and have them change in different parts of the map but in my opinion that ruins the fun of O i'm in an adventure. Also I realize they made this to be vanilla just saying cause in the video it seemed like he was asking for a mod. So, since you know he gave a desc of exactly what the mod I am updating does i thought i'll bring it up.

#66

RurouniTim
  • Location: The End
  • Minecraft: RurouniTim
  • Xbox:RurouniTim

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:17 PM

This was an awesome custom map. I felt like I was playing portal 2 xD
Imma sign my name because you TOTALLY can't read it right above my profile pic and everyone loves to see more of my name.

-RurounileftyTim

#67

TheStriker_
  • Minecraft: TheStriker_

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:10 PM

Awesome!
The signature is very limited, check out my profile!

#68

Nykoload
    Nykoload

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 166 posts
  • Location: Australia
  • Minecraft: Nykoload

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:32 AM

View PostJohnwg8, on 29 June 2013 - 07:07 PM, said:

I have myself looked into this it let's you play an existing sound in the game so you only have the number of sounds you can change. Thus limiting how many sounds you have It would be very easy though to just make it do play sound and let it play any sound. Also they probably do have some way of doing this. I had found the mod and actually started to update it for an adventure map I am making. I had  started the mod before the resource packs were added in a pre-release I still plan on finishing the mod but also adding some of my own custom stuff so it is probably going to be more toward some blocks and items that are specifically good for adventure map makers, stuff like better customization shops, Unlimited sounds, more weapons and armor, prob a shield, and I might include an updated version of the outdated duel wielding mod.

Edit: You could also just use multiple resource packs and have them change in different parts of the map but in my opinion that ruins the fun of O i'm in an adventure. Also I realize they made this to be vanilla just saying cause in the video it seemed like he was asking for a mod. So, since you know he gave a desc of exactly what the mod I am updating does i thought i'll bring it up.

Dinnerbone has said that they(Mojang) are going to expand on the playsound command, so it has more features. They added it in to 1.6.1 to test it, it works, for the most part, but they have to code the other features in.
They should be coming in a later update, and they allow selecting singular .ogg files, instead of how it is now, when it selects one at random(not in all cases mind you, just ones where there are numbers before the ".ogg" file extension, for example: mob.chicken.hurt will play one of to sounds, randomly right now, but mob.chicken.hurt1 will not play anything, they will add more so you can choose random or have a specific one)

Also, having resourcepacks, they will make sure that they are compatible with the command.
So basically I am maybe making mods but I will also play them but yeah failed at Avengers now attempting Supernatural mod.

#69

Therealshadowplayer8
  • Minecraft: Happyminer300

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:59 AM

How do I download the minecraft pre release? Posted Image



#70

MegaScience

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:36 PM

All you need to do is download the new launcher, which you will need by tomorrow anyway if you want to play any new versions of the game. It will automatically download the most recent version of the game for you.

#71

maddstar
  • Location: Down in the hellish place called Hell
  • Minecraft: maddstar101

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:11 PM

That was amazingly hilarious!Do you really speak like that or did you put on an accent for it? The accent sounds like a mix between cockney and Australian (Australian because some of the words you used and Cockney, because, well it sounded like that!).
Why am I filled with apprehesion about part two? It wasn't so bad when he reavealed that we are going to be dressed up as a 'pretty princess', but when he said you're going to bloody enjoy it...... Will Jeoffrey ever escape from the EMPEROR?! Not likely...
I have voices in my head...... And they don't like YOU!

Posted Image


#72

robbertgoemi

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:31 PM

Made a customized ending Posted Image


#73

LOL123mrdjman

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:40 PM

Make Lyrics For The Song!

#74

Looke81
    Looke81

    Newly Spawned

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

View PostNoxite, on 27 June 2013 - 10:28 AM, said:

Ooooh, not sure about that! With a crowd, everyone should sound different. Different pitches of the same sound file is far too spammy Posted Image

Why wouldn't I just make a sound of a crowd instead? Posted Image
you do realize u can now do what u wanted in the video https://www.youtube....h?v=tc7vA64O9Ss

#75

MegaScience

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:31 PM

View PostLooke81, on 30 June 2013 - 06:41 PM, said:


you do realize u can now do what u wanted in the video https://www.youtube....h?v=tc7vA64O9Ss

I mentioned it in a post a bit back, but it wasn't acknowledged, so I assume they already know by now.

The only problem is you can't tell when a sound has ended. Running it via command block with comparator doesn't turn off when it ends. So there is still the annoyance of having to time redstone alongside the audio. Might be a bit annoying to keep hearing your same audio replaying a whole ton just to make sure it syncs up with the redstone. xD Although I guess they could have someone set up a mockup audio file which is just a constant nice noise with beeps and boops at significant parts which require syncing...

#76

imepicerthenyou

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:58 AM

Thanks for the fries. Posted Image you get diamondsPosted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#77

2bartek
    2bartek

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Minecraft: 2bartek

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:35 AM

Good God, I'm amazed by this map! To be honest I think it's because of your epic voice, but nevermind.

While waiting for the part 2, I've decided to make this:
Posted Image

It didn't take very long but I hope it's good anyway ._.

Posted Image


#78

lindatjuh
  • Location: the Netherlands
  • Minecraft: lindatjuh

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:24 AM

View PostInfoTeddy, on 28 June 2013 - 09:51 PM, said:

Nor does real life have green things that explode the second they get near you or floating blocks or enchantments or hax.

Anyways, Mojang added your
/sound suggestion. It’s /playsound.


green exploding thing in real life? - Grenade.

#79

lommert
    lommert

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Minecraft: lommert

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:04 PM

View PostNoxite, on 27 June 2013 - 02:22 PM, said:

CHEATER.

I updated the map earlier to make sure I don't have cheaters escaping my domain. Try again.
well you press escape then open to lan put cheats on and tada you can go into game mode 1

View Post2bartek, on 01 July 2013 - 08:35 AM, said:

Good God, I'm amazed by this map! To be honest I think it's because of your epic voice, but nevermind.

While waiting for the part 2, I've decided to make this:
Posted Image

It didn't take very long but I hope it's good anyway ._.
awesom even the mom lol

#80

nikkowiley
  • Location: Locked in a closet.
  • Minecraft: nikkowiley
  • Xbox:enderweasel

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

Awesome!

** EnderBroz Studios **

YouTube xEnderBroz