• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Nsta8
    Nsta8

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1112 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:44 PM

In real life, a horse doesn't automatically reach it's greatest potential once it's tamed and has a saddle. Horses should be able to be trained, for example, the more you ride it, the faster it gets, and the more it jumps, the higher it can jump, until it reaches it's full potential. Also, it will, over time, grow more affectionate, or begin to grow wild. If it likes you a lot, it will follow you at a longer range, so you won't need leads.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Badprenup
    Badprenup

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 10963 posts
  • Minecraft: Badprenup

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:59 PM

The idea is okay but I don't see much use for it. Horses vary in their potential from horse to horse as it is, and you actually can increase their potential with armor in some manner. I would rather see being able to change horses through equipment, that takes the armor slot, like horseshoes for speed, reins for better control, etc.
Looks like my free time is going to be divided equally between Minecraft suggestions and Starbound suggestions from now on.

0_Zippy
    0_Zippy

Portal Expert

• Members
  • 5184 posts
  • Minecraft: x_Zippy

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:15 PM

View PostNsta8, on 24 June 2013 - 06:44 PM, said:

In real life, a horse doesn't automatically reach it's greatest potential once it's tamed and has a saddle.
In real life, a man doesn't walk around normally with stacks of stone and bricks in his pockets.

It's not a horrible idea, but I don't see the big want for it. You're already able to beef horses up with splash potions.
Hey, you there. Yes, you! Are you thinking about posting a suggestion on the forums anytime soon? If so, please read this before doing so.

Nsta8
    Nsta8

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1112 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:21 PM

View Post0_Zippy, on 24 June 2013 - 08:15 PM, said:

In real life, a man doesn't walk around normally with stacks of stone and bricks in his pockets.

It's not a horrible idea, but I don't see the big want for it. You're already able to beef horses up with splash potions.
But those wear off after a minute or two. And you can't increase jump height.
Posted Image