-- The Node Pack --
-- Updated for 1.0.0 --

Requires Risugamis Modloader For Minecraft 1.0.0
Requires Minecraft Forge For Minecraft 1.0.0

NodePack v3.0 FULL - download here: http://www.mediafire...rxjghcxahjt37tz

This pack includes:

Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image

Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image

Descriptions and zips(instead of rars) coming soon!

The NBot - http://www.mediafire...89srirx9vtr9rrr
Spoiler:
CleverTNT - http://www.mediafire...b7dc3aggvs482fs
Spoiler:
Chicken Suit - http://www.mediafire...v83bd2v982u5hdi
Spoiler:
Detonator Pack - http://www.mediafire...8t7fl6dzv99plux
Spoiler:
Node Utillity Belt - http://www.mediafire...update6pn0x1n7x
Spoiler:
Node Structures - http://www.mediafire...6znzgl7xtyipcgx
Spoiler:
Node Mechanics - http://www.mediafire...6lhi466ywixv4b4
Spoiler:
Node Decor - http://www.mediafire...46v2z5uqt8ahy25
Spoiler:
Node Magic - http://www.mediafire...7b1m3ye74o49gt5
Spoiler:

---- INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS ----
Spoiler:

---- CHANGE LOG ----
Spoiler:

---- OLD VERSIONS ----
Spoiler:

New ideas and suggestions are always welcome.
If you're not happy with any of the proposed changes, drop me a PM or reply to this thread.

I apologise in advance if any of these mods seem familiar to your own. I can assure you they are entirely my own work. I haven't intentionality copied anyone.

Hope you enjoy!

Thanks to razer, nameless023 and DE3000 for their help and ideas.

-- NodeReaver --

Posted Image

You stay classy friend

Register or log in to remove.

oneirosFade

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:22 PM

Great release - thanks, OP.
One question: Is it possible for me to pull only the ruins generation from your pack, or is it too interconnected with other mods?  If so, which files (besides WorldGenRuins.class) would I be needing?
Thanks!

NodeReaver
  • Minecraft: NodeReaver

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:27 PM

oneirosFade said:

Great release - thanks, OP.
One question: Is it possible for me to pull only the ruins generation from your pack, or is it too interconnected with other mods?  If so, which files (besides WorldGenRuins.class) would I be needing?
Thanks!

You can. mod_NodeGenerator.class, mod_NodePack.class and WorldGenRuins.class should be all you need. As well as installing modloader.

Edit: Forgot about the mod_NodePack.class, used for trace output to a file. Would probably crash without that one. My bad.

Posted Image

You stay classy friend

xXUniqueEnigmaXx

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:26 PM

nice mod and i have a question by any chance could you teach me how to use java and make mods to minecraft or tell me how you learned ive searched this forum google and youtube and havent found anything please help

oneirosFade

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:35 PM

Just did what you said to add in ruins only...  I'm not getting any sort of errors, but at the same time, I just ran around for a good while in a new world, and I'm not seeing anything that I wouldn't normally see...  did I misunderstand?  I thought there would be ruins (of some degree) on the surface...

Alkio97
    Alkio97

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • Minecraft: Alkio

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:40 PM

OMG I was waiting for something like this for years! One tip ask mismit to move your thread to the released mods section. Then more people will be able to see it. Great mod BTW.
The winds of Anger blows out the lamp of Intelligence!

BLston
    BLston

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:46 PM

Why the hell are all the images for the blocks screwed up? I'm getting the purple blocks from hell instead of cool looking items. PLEASE respond soon
EDIT: actually it's whenever i install a mod so FIX PLEASE!
I am a noob, go easy on me.
[Sheep] approves of:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

[Sheep] also approves of
Humans+
Dr.Z Mo' Creatures

G@ngst@ said:

Can som1 te11 me h0w to 1nsta11 moods?!?!? [Diamond]  [Diamond]  [Furnace]  [SSSS]  [iapprove]

And i w@NT TO reQUEST IF SOME1 COULD MAKE ME A MOD TO AD MOR ANIMALS INTO THE GAME
... idiot

Valance
    Valance

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:39 PM

Your mod looks very interesting!

But as far as I could see, you didn't include the crystal part :) Isn't it ready, or did you just forgot to include it?
Posted Image

Quizdonkey

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:40 PM

Very nice!
Question though, would I need to start a new world for the crystals and ruins to take effect?
oh and what files would I exclude from the install to leave the obsidian and nether tools out
Posted Image

Pewman
    Pewman

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 921 posts
  • Minecraft: Pewman

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:15 PM

good job! these seem very nice. can you give me a pack that gives me the crossbow, bolts, and the illumination tube? just those? thanks in advance!
Posted Image
THE STRONGEST ODOR BLOCKER IN THE GALAXY

poketman

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:39 PM

Cool, ima try it
Posted Image

Demon_Child
  • Minecraft: Demon_Child

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:51 PM

any chance i can get the illumination tube and the crossbow mods seperately?
Posted Image

NodeReaver

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:01 AM

oneirosFade said:

Just did what you said to add in ruins only...  I'm not getting any sort of errors, but at the same time, I just ran around for a good while in a new world, and I'm not seeing anything that I wouldn't normally see...  did I misunderstand?  I thought there would be ruins (of some degree) on the surface...

The ruins are generated approximately 150 blocks apart. When a chunk fits this criteria there is a one in four chance a ruin will spawn. As well as this if the terrain is not suitable because of too much slope the ruin will also not be generated. I didn't want to overpopulate the world with ruins so this is why I have chosen these numbers. To make sure that no ruins have spawned then please open NodePack_log.txt which you should find in the same directory as your minecraft.exe and search for the term "ruin block placed at:". If your text file contains none of these lines then please let me know.

If you think the ruins should be closer together or more common then please let me know also.

Posted Image

You stay classy friend

NodeReaver

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:07 AM

Alkio97 said:

OMG I was waiting for something like this for years! One tip ask mismit to move your thread to the released mods section. Then more people will be able to see it. Great mod BTW.

Thanks and thanks for your advice, will do.

xXUniqueEnigmaXx said:

nice mod and i have a question by any chance could you teach me how to use java and make mods to minecraft or tell me how you learned ive searched this forum google and youtube and havent found anything please help

I learned java the hard way (by doing it for 3 years at uni). But I did find this post to be fairly helpful in my mod development viewtopic.php?f=25&t=103030&p=1531779#p1533688. As well as reading through the API for ModLoader. Also reading through the decompiled minecraft class files and trying to figure out what's going on is a good place to start.

Posted Image

You stay classy friend

NodeReaver

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:11 AM

BLston said:

Why the hell are all the images for the blocks screwed up? I'm getting the purple blocks from hell instead of cool looking items. PLEASE respond soon
EDIT: actually it's whenever i install a mod so FIX PLEASE!

Do you mean this happens to you when you are using other mods, not only mine? If so then I really have no idea about that, sorry.

Valance said:

Your mod looks very interesting!

But as far as I could see, you didn't include the crystal part :P Isn't it ready, or did you just forgot to include it?

You are correct, thank you. I will add that now. re-download the nodepack in a minute or two and it'll have the crystal pack included.

[EDIT] Added the crystals now, should be there.

Quizdonkey said:

Very nice!
Question though, would I need to start a new world for the crystals and ruins to take effect?
oh and what files would I exclude from the install to leave the obsidian and nether tools out

Yes and no. Both should work for existing worlds as long as you walk into newly generated terrain. in other words you'd have to go wandering out pretty far. So if you'd rather not go exploring in your world then you can try a new world.

As far as removing the obsidian and nether tools, there's a few classes that are used for these. try removing the following classes:
EnumNewToolMaterial, ItemNewAxe,ItemNewHoe, ItemNewPickaxe,ItemNewSpade,ItemNewSword, ItemNewTool, mod_NodeArmourPack, mod_NodeToolPack.
This should remove all nether and obsidian ingot related material.
Short of that or if that doesn't work. Wait until I release the other parts of the node pack as separate mods and then only download the bits you want.

Pewman said:

good job! these seem very nice. can you give me a pack that gives me the crossbow, bolts, and the illumination tube? just those? thanks in advance!

Demon_Child said:

any chance i can get the illumination tube and the crossbow mods seperately?

Thanks guys, will do that now.

Posted Image

You stay classy friend

oneirosFade

Posted 01 March 2011 - 03:08 AM

NodeReaver said:

oneirosFade said:

The ruins are generated approximately 150 blocks apart. When a chunk fits this criteria there is a one in four chance a ruin will spawn. As well as this if the terrain is not suitable because of too much slope the ruin will also not be generated. I didn't want to overpopulate the world with ruins so this is why I have chosen these numbers. To make sure that no ruins have spawned then please open NodePack_log.txt which you should find in the same directory as your minecraft.exe and search for the term "ruin block placed at:". If your text file contains none of these lines then please let me know.

If you think the ruins should be closer together or more common then please let me know also.

I just checked out the NodePack_log (odd place to find it, but oh well) - it's completely blank.  As far as the placement, it seems a bit sparse, but it's hard to say without actually seeing it in action.  Depending on the actual size of the ruins, perhaps consider having the presence of a ruin add a modifier to the chance of spawning one in the vicinity, so that they might be sparse, but they'll be grouped (like a civilization).  Again, without seeing it in action, it's hard to say :)

NodeReaver

Posted 01 March 2011 - 03:27 AM

oneirosFade said:

I just checked out the NodePack_log (odd place to find it, but oh well) - it's completely blank.  As far as the placement, it seems a bit sparse, but it's hard to say without actually seeing it in action.  Depending on the actual size of the ruins, perhaps consider having the presence of a ruin add a modifier to the chance of spawning one in the vicinity, so that they might be sparse, but they'll be grouped (like a civilization).  Again, without seeing it in action, it's hard to say :Sheep:

That's very strange that the log is blank. I will try installing the ruincraft pack separately on my comp and see if that yields any information on what's going on. Will post again when I've had a look.

I do already have it that when it places one ruin it can randomly spawn up to 16. Obviously due to the randomness and nature of my algorithm it will never spawn 16. However I have witnessed it spawn up to four next to each other before.

[EDIT] I've just tested it. Downloaded a clean minecraft.jar, installed modloader and then installed my ruincraft pack. It seems to work fine, the log was full of "ruin block placed at"s. I guess just try downloading and installing my mod again and create a new world and let me know if you're output file is still blank.

Posted Image

You stay classy friend

snowyomen
  • Minecraft: SnowyOmen

Posted 01 March 2011 - 04:49 AM

The Metal Detector seems completely useless.

Is it just to prove that ore-detection is possible in a mod?

NodeReaver

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:40 AM

snowyomen said:

The Metal Detector seems completely useless.

Is it just to prove that ore-detection is possible in a mod?

No, it wasn't. It was so that when you are exploring caves you can detect the different ores in the walls and ground. Saving you from clearing an area for nothing.

What makes you say it is useless?

Posted Image

You stay classy friend

microkites

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:49 AM

-on ore detector-

doesnt seem that usefull

radius of three is just a little too small to be useful

even 5 would be better

but overall, looks like a good mod

I will try it out

its all encompassing enough that compatibility might be an issue