• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Himself1
    Himself1

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:15 AM

Hey guys i just got minecraft today and signed up for this to site to hopefully get some answers to my problem. When i try to log in it tells me can not connect to minecraft.net is there anyway i can log in and play without it saying that everytime i go to minecraft launcher?

Register or log in to remove.

dr higgle tiggle

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:16 AM

im getting this problem too, i have been playing minecraft before so im ok but you have to log in once online to be able to play offline
[simg]http://i1203.photobu...inecraftsig.jpg[/simg]
Cube Craft, a simple pack by me!
Posted Image

xNightmare
    xNightmare

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1199 posts
  • Minecraft: xNightmare

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:19 AM

If you signed up today, your account might not be activated yet.

Posted Image

xNightmare

Himself1
    Himself1

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:22 AM

xNightmare said:

If you signed up today, your account might not be activated yet.

Yea i signed up like a week ago but only played in browser than downloaded and tryed to log in and that happened.

DanteZ
    DanteZ

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 938 posts
  • Minecraft: Dantez2

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:25 AM

You ahve to connect tothe authentication server at least once to be able to play offline in singleplayer and according to the randomy crappy spam topics all over this forum it has been going on and off all day.
Posted Image

BCPowers
  • Minecraft: BCPowers

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:33 AM

When there is a problem with not being able to connect on the downloadable version, a simple solution is to log in on the minecraft.net site and choose in browser. It will then update your game. After that you should be able to play the up to date version on the downloaded executable.
MOD EDIT: Saying this is unnecessary and rude. If people are willing to discuss it, let them discuss it. There's a whole wide world of other topics you could explore and contribute to that you might even be interested in! How exciting!
Fav Mod Edit Eva

helifreak

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:02 PM

It does NOT matter if you use the in browser version or the external one, but if you use the browser one you won't be able to get on it if minecraft.net is offline anyway.
Mac users, Y U No Two Buttons!?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
I've been spending WAY too much time on The Art of Trolling.

BCPowers
  • Minecraft: BCPowers

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:12 PM

helifreak said:

It does NOT matter if you use the in browser version or the external one, but if you use the browser one you won't be able to get on it if minecraft.net is offline anyway.
Obviously you havent tried it because I just tried to log in through the executable, and it didn't work, said minecraft.net is offline, but I went to the browser one and look at that it loaded up and did the whole checking for updates thing. Plz try things before you attempt to disprove them with no facts.

Edit: It appears as though minecraft.net keeps going off and on line. It has been on for me twice though so if you keep trying it will eventually be online.
MOD EDIT: Saying this is unnecessary and rude. If people are willing to discuss it, let them discuss it. There's a whole wide world of other topics you could explore and contribute to that you might even be interested in! How exciting!
Fav Mod Edit Eva

NotoriousPyro

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:20 PM

Maybe you guys should try the new launcher? I don't have any problems logging in when minecraft.net is offline with the new one.

UberaDpmn

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:45 PM

You're in the wrong forum tbh... but anyways.

What's your MC account name? So we can A) Check your not a dirty, dirty pirate. And :) Check that it has actually verified your account name with Mojang's auth server.

Use this link and attach your MC account name to the end:

http://www.minecraft...COUNT_NAME_HERE

Once you have your name in their and you have pressed 'Enter'; if it says false, this means you have either not bought the game or you account has not been registered correctly, in which case you should either buy it, or speak to Mojang Support about it, cus' there's nothing we can do from this end.

Another thing to do is to actually try logging onto http://www.Minecraft.net. It's online as of writing this but if you cannot access it, then it's likely a problem with your firewall/router/internet in general and you may have to speak to your ISP or local IT tech.

Basically if you can't access the site, then Minecraft itself won't be able to either, which means you just plain won't be able to log in.

Orsa Novus Ævum Clan Major

vyew
    vyew

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:14 PM

Actually, the new launcher is having serious problems logging in. Find a copy of the old launcher an use it until Mojang fixes their HTTPS problems.
Alpha account user (woot woot) and Builder on The Voxel Box