Latest News Article

[Creation] Underwater City of Rapture

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

jamsessionein

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:48 AM

Posted Image

DOWNLOAD LINK

So a couple months ago, back around October / November, I ran a build server for the Penny-Arcade.com forums that hosted mostly megaprojects. One of the things we put together was the City of Rapture from the Bioshock games - an anachronistic underwater metropolis. We filmed a little machanima at the time, which you can view here: Part 1 & Part 2. I also did a quick flyaround recently since I got Roundaround's Crystal Clear Water mod working.

OiizIGLt1io

I dug this old map out of a hard drive I was backing up on the machine that used to host the server, and I thought I might post it. It was made back in Alpha, which is why you won't see some of the newer blocks, and also why we didn't do a whole lot with redstone - it didn't work at the time. It was done entirely by hand, including the mining and creation of materials, with the exception of recently using MCEdit to clear a spot on the ocean floor out to drop it into a new map by itself. We had Minecart Mania running on the server, which is how our whole metro/tram system operated back then. If you have an autocart-esque mod running, I don't see why it shouldn't still work - might just take a little renovating. It should spawn you by the Lighthouse - head on inside, and you will find the Boathysphere™ Ride, which was how we got into the city before minecarts worked in SMP.

I will probably be releasing some other stuff in the next week or two as I find time, including a flying city map. Enjoy!

Register or log in to remove.

johnsta96

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:02 AM

File didnt work.
Ahhh, I remember when I used to like Nostalgia...

Sitting In Minecraft:http://www.minecraft...hp?f=1&t=214552
Lapis Vases:http://www.minecraft...hp?f=1&t=195330

IP: 203.17.62.36

jamsessionein

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:04 AM

johnsta96 said:

File didnt work.

Right you are. Sorry - fixing. That's what I get for using Linux without knowing how to use Linux.

Edit: All fixed up, enjoy.

icefox254

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:41 AM

looks great give you a :(
scroll down for mods that i support
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

iceli3
    iceli3

Carpenter

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:58 AM

is there hidden treasures or any mobspawners ( Underwater O.o ) + any storyline?
Posted Image

EvilPiper

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:06 AM

Holy crap this is awesome, I love you, have tons of diamonds!   :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:
I play the Bagpipes. Yeah.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Clanflame12

Posted 02 March 2011 - 12:21 AM

I'm new to Minecraft, how do I open maps? Since your map looks swell, I wish to play it. Very bad.

jamsessionein

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:07 AM

Clanflame12 said:

I'm new to Minecraft, how do I open maps? Since your map looks swell, I wish to play it. Very bad.

Use an archiving application like WINRAR or WINZIP to extract the 'world' folder in the zip file to your C:\Users\[YOUR USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\saves folder.

Start up the game, find the world in the list of singleplayer worlds, play. Enjoy.

ChrisCatastrophe

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:11 AM

1. Edit out all torches
2. Host server
3. Horror
4. ????
5. PROFIT!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

sporkasoris

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:05 AM

jamsessionein said:

Clanflame12 said:

Use an archiving application like WINRAR or WINZIP to extract the 'world' folder in the zip file to your C:\Users\[YOUR USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\saves folder.

Start up the game, find the world in the list of singleplayer worlds, play. Enjoy.

Does that work in 1.3?

The Dukenator
  • Minecraft: The_Dukenator
  • Xbox:The Dukenator

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:30 PM

sporkasoris said:

jamsessionein said:

Clanflame12 said:

Does that work in 1.3?
Yes, it does.   I was playing this map for awhile.

I happen to be a fan of BioShock & Rapture.

Edit:
Is there a server that has the recent  version of this map online?
I also have a Playstation 3, along with the Xbox 360.  PSN ID is the same as Minecraft ID.
Posted Image

ihavenoidea12

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:14 PM

can you host a server for this map i even got my own bigdaddy or littlesister skin :Iron:

TheElm
    TheElm

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • Minecraft: TheElm

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:17 AM

This looks epic!
Added you to EMS.
Tell me via PM if you want it removed. P'ce out!

thehoodedfigure

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:11 AM

Know what? Just because of the video, take these :)  :D  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:

Posted Image

Does the above sound like you? If so, join the Crusade of Shadow, we could use you. http://www.minecraft...sade-of-shadow/

sacre
    sacre

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:52 AM

As a City builder myself, I find this absolutely stunning!

Its very unique, very detailed, has a lot to discover! I was roaming around figuring my out of the area i was in while being attacked by random mobs.

Very good work, loving it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

EmersonKitty
  • Minecraft: M5N

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:37 AM

Wow this is really cool, you have to make this a server again!!!!!!

euodia
    euodia

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Minecraft: euodia

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:44 PM

can this map be played on a mac? i tried to dowload it but i couldnt find the save folder  :GoldBar:
Ain't no party like a  [SSSS]  [Skeleton]  [Spider]  [Zombie]   [Notch] party
'cause a  [SSSS]  [Skeleton]  [Spider]  [Zombie]  [Notch]  party don't stop.

Chechis
    Chechis

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 06:19 PM

holy crap
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Mattchew
    Mattchew

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 06:29 PM

the player runs too fast and idk why :tnt:
awesome map tho!

Meeswa
    Meeswa

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 06:57 PM

for ween a regular city  of Rapture is just not Badass enough for you! nice map! :iapprove:

Posted Image]

Have a problem? ether dig a hole or blow it up!