• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Mod causing server crash due to NoClassDefFoundError

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

WillDaBeast509

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:09 AM

I'm trying to get my mod to work on servers, but its generating NoClassDefFound errors. Here's the report my coding partner gets:
Spoiler:
And the one I get from running MCP's startserver.bat:
Spoiler:

If you need to see any code just ask, I haven't posted any yet because I have no clue what part of it to post. What's going on and how do we fix it? Thanks.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

artem_russia

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:02 AM

Try to launch reobfuscate.bat and your mod will been in forge\mcp\reobf\minecraft\ folder.
Pack it in .zip archive and add it to /mods folder.
And maybe you forgot to add imports in you mod classes.

Blfngl
    Blfngl

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 464 posts
  • Minecraft: blfngl
  • Xbox:blfngl

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:26 AM

All the imports are there, I've checked. It just refuses to find a certain class. My guess it's in a method calling the world somewhere.
Posted Image

fabricator77

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:11 AM

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/client/multiplayer/WorldClient

The server doesn't have ANY of the net/minecraft/client/* classes. You need to find an alternative method for whatever you are doing. Or use code to detect if its running on the client or server and act accordingly.

I've not done enough client/server side specific code to help, maybe its your Proxy setup that's wrong.

WillDaBeast509

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:34 AM

View Postfabricator77, on 22 June 2013 - 03:11 AM, said:

The server doesn't have ANY of the net/minecraft/client/* classes. You need to find an alternative method for whatever you are doing. Or use code to detect if its running on the client or server and act accordingly.

I've not done enough client/server side specific code to help, maybe its your Proxy setup that's wrong.
So what you're getting at is that the server is trying to run code that references the WorldClient or Render class, which it doesn't have? I'll take a look and see if any of that is going on.
Posted Image

WillDaBeast509

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:45 PM

I haven't been able to find any references to the classes causing the errors anywhere in my mod, does anyone else have an idea of what's going on?
Posted Image

artem_russia

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:35 PM

Try to copy this files from eclipse to your mod folder(with files path). And you may give it to me (PM). Maybe I can help.

Stormister
  • Minecraft: Stormister
  • Xbox:xXStormisterXx

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:11 AM

This might be a bit of an old post but have you guys figured out the problem? I have been having the exact same issue and I can't figure it out :(
Posted Image